Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Surely we could use him off the bench? With things the way they are now...we have very few options.

The arrogance of United fans thinking Amad could just walk into their side. You need to earn your spot.

Anyway, he'll feature at some point and fundamentally this is still good experience for him.

This guy and Pellistri, how much? 40m? Insane how much money we threw away on raw talents in a covid market when we had glaring issues in our starting XI. It's like having major foundation issues and you prioritise buying a speedboat. Oh and you don't have a license so can't actually use it either.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best explanation. As seen at other clubs if the loanee is good enough, whether thats talent, physically or tactically then they play. If they aren't they wont. As technically good as Amad is its clear physically and tactically hes not better than what they have, and his technical talent is not good enough to compensate for it.

The best we can hope is that he is learning from this and developing the tactical/physical side of his game to try and get into the side. That is tracking back, being brave with and without the ball, staying switched on positionally. If he can develop that side then maybe he will start to break into the team and he will come back to us as a better player.

His situation is a bit similar to Januzaj at dortmund. It took Januzaj a while to mature his game despite his talent. Even now for sociedad he sometimes is in and out of the team.

This guy and Pellistri, how much? 40m? Insane how much money we threw away on raw talents in a covid market when we had glaring issues in our starting XI. It's like having major foundation issues and you prioritise buying a speedboat.
I think Amad was an initial £17m, Pellistri £8m.

Amad often gets quoted as £30+ million for a raw teenager - but it was £17m for a raw teenager, the £30+ million would be if he played so many games, won the PL, CL, Ballon D'or, etc.

But, yeah, we could've got someone like Trippier for £12m to help with the first team issues. So £17m for another raw, wide teenager is still a decent outlay.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best explanation. As seen at other clubs if the loanee is good enough, whether thats talent, physically or tactically then they play. If they aren't they wont. As technically good as Amad is its clear physically and tactically hes not better than what they have, and his technical talent is not good enough to compensate for it.

The best we can hope is that he is learning from this and developing the tactical/physical side of his game to try and get into the side. That is tracking back, being brave with and without the ball, staying switched on positionally. If he can develop that side then maybe he will start to break into the team and he will come back to us as a better player.

His situation is a bit similar to Januzaj at dortmund. It took Januzaj a while to mature his game despite his talent. Even now for sociedad he sometimes is in and out of the team.
Good post.

Whenever a young players leaves United to go out on loan, the United fans here seem to have a very high opinion of the player and a very low opinion on the team they're joining.

The arrogance of United fans thinking Amad could just walk into their side. You need to earn your spot.

Anyway, he'll feature at some point and fundamentally this is still good experience for him.
Whenever a young players leaves United to go out on loan, the United fans here seem to have a very high opinion of the player and a very low opinion on the team they're joining.
Alright mate, we get it.

I think the genuine frustration most have with this case is he started off well, played poorly in one game, and then hasn't really had a look in after.

I think the genuine frustration most have with this case is he started off well, played poorly in one game, and then hasn't really had a look in after.
You say 'started off well' then 'played poorly in one game', but the Celtic game he played poorly in was only his 2nd match. So his 'started off well' was also only one game - v Ross.

The manager obviously saw enough of Amad's character / tactics, whatever, in that big Celtic game to judge that he, as a raw, inexperienced teenager, is lower in the pecking order than the more experienced options. And that's valid.

Diallo wil still get some opportunities - as sub, occasionally start v easier opponents, etc - and it's up to him to prove himself both technically and tactically with his performances and put himself higher up the list of options. It's not as if those players keeping him out of the starting line up aren't delivering results.

I think we need the Jamaican delegation to confirm this skin bleaching business.

Yeah he’s obviously bleaching. Seems have to recently started so it’s gonna look very patchy, especially the back of his neck, under his eyes and around his lips. I’ve lost a bit of self respect for him as I do for anyone that dabbles in that sort of thing though it’s very popular these days.

You say 'started off well' then 'played poorly in one game', but the Celtic game he played poorly in was only his 2nd match. So his 'started off well' was also only one game - v Ross.

The manager obviously saw enough of Amad's character / tactics, whatever, in that big Celtic game to judge that he, as a raw, inexperienced teenager, is lower in the pecking order than the more experienced options. And that's valid.

Diallo wil still get some opportunities - as sub, occasionally start v easier opponents, etc - and it's up to him to prove himself both technically and tactically with his performances and put himself higher up the list of options. It's not as if those players keeping him out of the starting line up aren't delivering results.
No point nitpicking "started off well" and "played poorly in one game." What I said is still true.

Judging anyone from one game, good or poor, isn't a great idea. But that is the downside of loans. They don't want to take the hit while developing him if it'll cost them.

He had another cameo recently and did some good stuff but also some very poor stuff, so he’s not exactly forcing his way into the team.
Yeah, that's the downside of a loan isn't it. Some good stuff, some very poor stuff is normal for a 19 year old winger in a new country, isn't it? But for a loan, why take the time to iron out the creases when it's a limited time.

No point nitpicking "started off well" and "played poorly in one game." What I said is still true.

Judging anyone from one game, good or poor, isn't a great idea. But that is the downside of loans. They don't want to take the hit while developing him if it'll cost them.
That was also my point: you were positively judging him based on one good game saying he'd 'started off well'. Then saying it was frustrating that the manager was negatively judging him based on one poor game.

I wasn't nitpicking. Just saying he'd only had one game before that Celtic match. So if the manager saw things that worried him about Diallo in that big game atmosphere - suggesting he was maybe a bit out of his depth / comfort zone - then it's valid to base his trust on players on that rather than how he looked v Ross.

Obviously I'm hoping he gets games and impresses, and comes back to us an even better player. But he can't be given game time for those reasons. He needs to earn his place by showing he's a better option than the alternatives.

That was also my point: you were positively judging him based on one good game saying he'd 'started off well'. Then saying it was frustrating that the manager was negatively judging him based on one poor game.

I wasn't nitpicking. Just saying he'd only had one game before that Celtic match. So if the manager saw things that worried him about Diallo in that big game atmosphere - suggesting he was maybe a bit out of his depth / comfort zone - then it's valid to base his trust on players on that rather than how he looked v Ross.

Obviously I'm hoping he gets games and impresses, and comes back to us an even better player. But he can't be given game time for those reasons. He needs to earn his place by showing he's a better option than the alternatives.
Oh, I get you yeah. I didn't mean it to sound like anymore than one game but saying he started off well might make it sound like it 3+ games.

Yeah he’s obviously bleaching. Seems have to recently started so it’s gonna look very patchy, especially the back of his neck, under his eyes and around his lips. I’ve lost a bit of self respect for him as I do for anyone that dabbles in that sort of thing though it’s very popular these days.
I think you should look up what "self-respect" means.

If there was an award for lowest quality post, you'd win it.

Amad has been a bit of a worry for a while. From the hanging around at Utd getting no football despite playing about 2 senior games in his life, to being out on loan and continuing to get limited game time.

We just have to hope he finds a way into their side, convinces them, and that maybe he's a slow developer. It could be possible as obviously he's very inexperienced and small.

Bad time to get injured. Very Unlucky.

Say he would have been in with a good shot of starting considering how big of a letdown Giovanni's favourites have been in the league.

The guys he puts in every week are consistently costing him points so he really needs to change up his 11. Issue is he seems to be a manager that sticks with the tried and tested team even when it's failing.

I mean it's not crazy logic to suggest that Amad should be good enough to get in their team - presumably the team loaning the player sees a need/use for him, otherwise they wouldn't have brought him in surely?