Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

I mean it's not crazy logic to suggest that Amad should be good enough to get in their team - presumably the team loaning the player sees a need/use for him, otherwise they wouldn't have brought him in surely?
The problem is we have a relatively new manager in place who has changed his system since Amad came in. At the time of the loan, Rangers were playing a 4-2-3-1 with two high wingers. Since then we have jettisoned the RW for another CM playing a narrower role (Arfield) to bolster midfield as we were getting overran in there. The tactical change has worked really well and has seen us dominate games again. It's just unfortunate timing for the lad as it's also combined with our other winger Ryan Kent finally hitting some real form in recent weeks.

Bad time to get injured. Very Unlucky.

Say he would have been in with a good shot of starting considering how big of a letdown Giovanni's favourites have been in the league.

The guys he puts in every week are consistently costing him points so he really needs to change up his 11. Issue is he seems to be a manager that sticks with the tried and tested team even when it's failing.
The midfield and attack aren't letting the team down though. Over the last month Rangers have created shedloads of chances in every game and it has been defensive or goalkeeping errors (or referee feck-ups) that have saw the team drop points. So unless Amad wants to pick up a pair of gloves or a whistle, there's not much difference he can make.

Yeah, because an 18 year old is the finished article right?
He's turning 20 in July though. He is pretty far from the finished article for sure, but how big his potential is is very much up for question. Busting into the first 11 of a dominating team in a physical, but much weaker, league like the SPL is a good test for a tiny right winger like Amad. If he doesn't make it there, he won't make it here.

Not really. First game he has been unavailable for so far.

He went off after 60 minutes in his first game with a slight injury was the only other thing I remember.

Hi last loan to the Dutch club fell through due to an injury. And apparently he’s had lots of niggles since he joined us. One of the main reasons he’s played so little football.

Hi last loan to the Dutch club fell through due to an injury. And apparently he’s had lots of niggles since he joined us. One of the main reasons he’s played so little football.

Was my mistake pal. When I first read your post I thought it said there meaning Rangers.

Then why do you think he cant make it in England if he does not start right now for Rangers?
If he goes on loan to a club that is at a lower level than us and he cannot force his way in to the starting side then how would he get in to our side

If he goes on loan to a club that is at a lower level than us and he cannot force his way in to the starting side then how would he get in to our side

That’s why we should be sending everyone out on loan to a lower level. If they can’t get in the team and light it up over a season or two they have no future here. Would we be in for X player on his loan performances and if not are there any mitigating factors and take it from there. I think even more of our players could surprise us if we loaned slightly earlier and more aggressively. We’d certainly make more money on sales

That’s why we should be sending everyone out on loan to a lower level. If they can’t get in the team and light it up over a season or two they have no future here. Would we be in for X player on his loan performances and if not are there any mitigating factors and take it from there. I think even more of our players could surprise us if we loaned slightly earlier and more aggressively. We’d certainly make more money on sales
It is the whole point of a loan right?
These clubs are not feeder clubs for Utd.
They take a player on loan because he can fill a hole at the club or he is better than what they have but in the end it is down to the loanee to force his way in by impressing with attitude and in training and then on the pitch when given the opportunity
If he is not up to it then it is odds on he will not be up to it at Utd.

It is the whole point of a loan right?
These clubs are not feeder clubs for Utd.
They take a player on loan because he can fill a hole at the club or he is better than what they have but in the end it is down to the loanee to force his way in by impressing with attitude and in training and then on the pitch when given the opportunity
If he is not up to it then it is odds on he will not be up to it at Utd.

Exactly. If you can’t get into Rangers team at this moment in time then he’s clearly not going to be playing enough here to benefit either party. If he can’t make it at Rangers he needs to aim lower for the next loan or have another better crack at it next season. It’s up to him. Playing and showing what you can do, whatever the level, is paramount.

He’s had a lot of injuries since moving over here. Not a great sign.

It really isn't a good sign. In many ways, it seems that the ability to stay clear of injuries is almost as important as having a big talent. Being injured prevents you from gaining momentum and playing yourself into form, amongst many other things. Playing time is also a great concern.

It really isn't a good sign. In many ways, it seems that the ability to stay clear of injuries is almost as important as having a big talent. Being injured prevents you from gaining momentum and playing yourself into form, amongst many other things. Playing time is also a great concern.

100%. At any age. The only mitigating factor for young players is that they sometimes grow out of an injury prone phase. Hopefully this happens with Amad.

100%. At any age. The only mitigating factor for young players is that they sometimes grow out of an injury prone phase. Hopefully this happens with Amad.
He is quite slight as well, so he's probably still growing, but you're right it is a bit of a concern.

to be honest when you look at the games when he has played and you compare him to other 18-20 year olds, is he anything special?
Utd have had 18-20 year olds starting in the first team in the past and thats where he should be if he has anything about him, after the hype he was like Messi. I dont see a place for him at OT and like Pellestri, feck knows why they were bought. Was there any scouting involved, or just recommendations, like Bebe? Panic buys just to justify a spend after we didnt get Sancho.

Unfortunately his inability to stay fit during this important period of his career will hamper him massively. I think the talent is there but it takes more than that to make it at the top level.

I think he'll be a good player but maybe not at an elite club or he'll blossom later in his career.

Exactly. If you can’t get into Rangers team at this moment in time then he’s clearly not going to be playing enough here to benefit either party. If he can’t make it at Rangers he needs to aim lower for the next loan or have another better crack at it next season. It’s up to him. Playing and showing what you can do, whatever the level, is paramount.

Exactly, I believe in young talents but the truth is not every one can blossom.
Anyone remember he was supposed to be loaned to Feyenoord in Aug's transfer window? That kind of implied his ability is no where near ready in the EPL.

That move did not happen as he was injured, and he is injured now once again, which will seriously limit his opportunities in this remaining season.

He should keeps his head down and develop the physicality required in English football in the coming months, perhaps mid-table teams in championship might be interested with a loan in the next season.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Unfortunately his inability to stay fit during this important period of his career will hamper him massively. I think the talent is there but it takes more than that to make it at the top level.

I think he'll be a good player but maybe not at an elite club or he'll blossom later in his career.

He’s been hanging around with Aaron Ramsey too much.

to be honest when you look at the games when he has played and you compare him to other 18-20 year olds, is he anything special?
Utd have had 18-20 year olds starting in the first team in the past and thats where he should be if he has anything about him, after the hype he was like Messi. I dont see a place for him at OT and like Pellestri, feck knows why they were bought. Was there any scouting involved, or just recommendations, like Bebe? Panic buys just to justify a spend after we didnt get Sancho.

Great points but this is what happens when the clubs owners don’t care. Money is wasted in vast amounts as there is nobody to monitor or check the performance of our scouting and finance teams.

It would be the same if I opened a car garage tomorrow, I know nothing about cars and surely would be ripped off by the mechanics I hired, waste lots of money on things I don’t need and be overcharged for the cars I buy.

The Glazers are so clueless with football but the fact they repeat the same mistakes of wasting money year after year also tells me that aside from incompetence, there is also an extreme lack of care.

Hope Amad can step up the efforts and put in more hardwork to get to where he needs to be in his development which is playing well in SPL. He still have long way ahead in his development if he can't break into Rangers team.

Sancho was a superstar in Bundesliga but struggle in PL for more than half a season. The step up from SPL to PL is even bigger.

Great points but this is what happens when the clubs owners don’t care. Money is wasted in vast amounts as there is nobody to monitor or check the performance of our scouting and finance teams.

It would be the same if I opened a car garage tomorrow, I know nothing about cars and surely would be ripped off by the mechanics I hired, waste lots of money on things I don’t need and be overcharged for the cars I buy.

The Glazers are so clueless with football but the fact they repeat the same mistakes of wasting money year after year also tells me that aside from incompetence, there is also an extreme lack of care.
Im hoping that this was all on the incompetent Woodward ruling the roost and doing it his way, conterary to conflicting advice. Arnold saying hes leaving football matters to the ones who know better, so lets hope there is an improvement going forward.

Im hoping that this was all on the incompetent Woodward ruling the roost and doing it his way, conterary to conflicting advice. Arnold saying hes leaving football matters to the ones who know better, so lets hope there is an improvement going forward.

Yeah I think your probably spot on but it still concerns me that the Glazers allowed that to go on for 9 years. Even then they didn’t get rid of Woodward, he just decided to retire. I suppose there’s no point dwelling on the past though and as you say, Arnold has made the right noises so far. At the very least, surely he has learnt a lot from watching Woodward make mistake after mistake.

Yeah I think your probably spot on but it still concerns me that the Glazers allowed that to go on for 9 years. Even then they didn’t get rid of Woodward, he just decided to retire. I suppose there’s no point dwelling on the past though and as you say, Arnold has made the right noises so far. At the very least, surely he has learnt a lot from watching Woodward make mistake after mistake.
Lets hope so. I look at the glazers just interested in £xxx coming in and as long as it happened wasnt too bothered as they had no knowledge apart from running as a business, with the football a sideline of the buiness. So Woodward did virtually as he pleased.

Since the scare they had with the superleague fallout, they made Woodward take the fall/retire. They now have had to change the way the club is run, as a football club and business side by side. Arnold has either been told this is the way or hopefully knew himself that this is the proper way. I think the fact that Joel has half heartedly engaged with MUST and the fans shows that they have hopefully started to change their way of thinking as well.

The kid has so much talent, injuries, new country, language etc is massive. He has beautiful control etc. Scotland would be an eye opener for him. A lot of clubs were in for him and we jumped in. 18 odd million?? Not a huge risk and probably can get most of the money back if it fails.

While the standard of football is not the greatest in Scotland, its not easy football.
You are playing against teams that see games against Rangers and Celtic as cup finals. They tend to reapply themselves. A packed ibrox or Celtic Park, maybe the sky sports cameras on them. Plus, the potential for the Glasgow Clubs to hoover them up in the next transfer window (which tends to happen if they are decent. Examples; Ryan Jack, Turnbull etc.)

Playing well, serves them well.

There are the ultra defensive minded tactics opposing managers play, plus the weather can be a challenge. Not to mention the artificial pitches.

I‘m not making excuses for Diallo. But I do think any notions that he should be running the show in Scotland are misplaced. Its a tough gig, with high expectations.

Ajax would rather sign a RW talent themselves I think. So they can profit financially.
Fair point. They’ll have a replacement lined up no doubt but it’d be amazing if he could get some Eredivise experience next season. Did Ajax replace [internally or externally] Neres? Just thinking if Antony goes aswell maybe 2 wingers is a stretch although I believe Neres wasn’t featuring heavily.

Fair point. They’ll have a replacement lined up no doubt but it’d be amazing if he could get some Eredivise experience next season. Did Ajax replace [internally or externally] Neres? Just thinking if Antony goes aswell maybe 2 wingers is a stretch although I believe Neres wasn’t featuring heavily.
Ajax havent actually. Daramy comes from the left mainly. Mayba van Axel Dongen but he's very young. Big prospect though.

A good weekend for our loans. Zero minutes for Pellistri, Diallo and Martial and most likely Tuanzebe to join them.

A good weekend for our loans. Zero minutes for Pellistri, Diallo and Martial and most likely Tuanzebe to join them.
Martial and Amad are injured,

It'd be a bit harsh to make them play just get the minutes in!

Martial and Amad are injured,

It'd be a bit harsh to make them play just get the minutes in!
I know, being injured a lot is a large part of how Martial's ended up on loan in the first place.

Don’t think Laird is getting much gametime at Bournemouth either?

Don’t think Laird is getting much gametime at Bournemouth either?
He has also just come back from a long term injury.
Parker has already stated that he'll see minutes soon.

Amad's fit again. On the bench for tonight's game. Hope he gets some minutes

One of Amad's competitors, Arfield, is out injured for 7-10 days so there is a chance of game time this weekend. Aribo competes with Amad but has looked quite fatigued of late, however Sakala competes with him too and came on last night. My opinion is that Amad should get more minutes as we do sometimes struggle to break down poor teams who park in their box, after heroics in Europe.