Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Of course it's my own thoughts. I watch football and base my opinions on what I see. Things aren't as black as white as 'Oh he's playing regularly for a terrible United side and he is on the bench at Rangers'.
So why wouldn't I find it funny then, when you have zero evidence to back your thoughts up?
One player isn't getting minutes in a lesser league, whereas the other is putting in decent performances in the Premiership.

Elanga is United quality, but let's pretend he isn't , does that not say something about the development of Amad right now?
I use a player who has scored three goals, and broken into a national team as justification to say that he is in a better situation than Amad right now.
it's not even a debate really to be honest.
I didn't contest that. I merely stated that a player starting for United right now does not really equate to him being better than X. Elanga is in a United team currently 7th in the league. That just shows our state.

The opinion that Amad is better than Elanga is at the very least a little controversial since one starts for Manchester United and one doesnt start for Rangers.
But he shouldn't really be starting for United. It's just a sad state of affairs. The contrast in both players current situations just presents a false illusion in comparison to what level they are at as footballers.

Seems a bit harsh to use Amad as a stick to beat Elanaga with, whilst one is not getting a kick in an average league probably for good reason, and the other is getting more game time than established international players for us right now.

Once again with us, it seems not playing actually makes you look a better player.

Elanga is United quality, but let's pretend he isn't , does that not say something about the development of Amad right now?
I use a player who has scored three goals, and broken into a national team as justification to say that he is in a better situation than Amad right now.
it's not even a debate really to be honest.

Far from convinced about this to be honest. Not the right thread for it, but I think he's got a long way to go before he's considered Utd quality. Unless of course the standards are very different now.

I didn't contest that. I merely stated that a player starting for United right now does not really equate to him being better than X. Elanga is in a United team currently 7th in the league. That just shows our state.
Surely someone playing week in week out for a 7th place team in the highest quality league shows more application than someone on the bench getting minimal/zero minutes for a team in the 9th best league?

Just a thought?

Far from convinced about this to be honest. Not the right thread for it, but I think he's got a long way to go before he's considered Utd quality. Unless of course the standards are very different now.
Elanga has been a breath of fresh air for United this season.
Fearless, technical, hard working.

He's a brilliant player and yes the standards are different now, we are a long way off the top so they have to be, but that doesn't distract from Elanga being a quality player.

Amad may get there yet, we may have to be patient with him, but he's not at that level yet.

Surely someone playing week in week out for a 7th place team in the highest quality league shows more application than someone on the bench getting minimal/zero minutes for a team in the 9th best league?

Just a thought?
Not really. That just shows we have some really good quality players which cover for the relatively poorer quality of the rest of the team. Think of it this way, do you see Elanga even being on the bench for someone like Spurs, let alone starting? The guy is bang average and a couple of goals doesn't really change that.

Elanga has been a breath of fresh air for United this season.
Fearless, technical, hard working.

He's a brilliant player and yes the standards are different now, we are a long way off the top so they have to be, but that doesn't distract from Elanga being a quality player.

Amad may get there yet, we may have to be patient with him, but he's not at that level yet.

I don't deny he's been a breath of fresh air, one of the few positives. But I think his obvious effort looks so much bigger due to how little effort so many others of our team seemingly put in. His attitude should be the standard.

Amad is a mystery to the majority of this forum, anyone claiming much about him are just trying to look like experts. His future is very much unknown.

fecking hell. Amad's ability has absolutely feck all relation to Elanga's ability. Talk about Elanga in his thread and leave Amad to this one.

Not really. That just shows we have some really good quality players which cover for the relatively poorer quality of the rest of the team. Think of it this way, do you see Elanga even being on the bench for someone like Spurs, let alone starting? The guy is bang average and a couple of goals doesn't really change that.
Yeah, I see Elanga in the first team for Spurs easy. Elanga is quality.

But this is Amads thread so we digress.

I don't deny he's been a breath of fresh air, one of the few positives. But I think his obvious effort looks so much bigger due to how little effort so many others of our team seemingly put in. His attitude should be the standard.

Amad is a mystery to the majority of this forum, anyone claiming much about him are just trying to look like experts. His future is very much unknown.
How so?
He can't get a game at United, can't get a game at Rangers, I'd say from what I have seen of him he is no where near first team quality.

He may be in the future, but he has a long long way to go and a lot of hard work ahead.

fecking hell. Amad's ability has absolutely feck all relation to Elanga's ability. Talk about Elanga in his thread and leave Amad to this one.

Our fan base has a strange obsession with shitting on our own players to try and make the one they like more look better. Happens all the time.

Amad would probably have notched up more minutes for Utd had he stayed than he's managed for Rangers.

January didn't pan out with what unfolded with Greenwood and Cavani constantly being injured or not interested.

Looks like we paid way too much for Amad. Felt like it at the time and don't see anything to suggest otherwise.

The Pellistri money, was around what we should be gambling for young, promising, attacking players. Amad was a gamble.

How so?
He can't get a game at United, can't get a game at Rangers, I'd say from what I have seen of him he is no where near first team quality.

He may be in the future, but he has a long long way to go and a lot of hard work ahead.

That's my exact point. We've barely seen him play. The loan move has failed miserably.

Ronaldo was a no brainer. Commercially pays for himself, has given us a lot of important goals.

VdB should in theory have been a great signing, but it does seem there is a real lack of plan on how to use him so he has become a waste.

Telles was a sensible signing. Pressure to Shaw which made Shaw have one of his best seasons for us. Telles was also reasonably priced and a different option.

We overpaid for Maguire in a heavily inflated CB market that year, but there were a real lack of other CBs available and ready. Koulibaly was the pick we should have made at maybe another £10-20m. As the saying goes buy cheap, buy twice. Maguire wasn't cheap, but he was the cheaper option.

AWB was the stand out right back defensively at a time when we were awful in defence, but we well overpaid as there were other quality options available at half the price.

I think where we have predominantly failed is in considering the core attributes that are vital to success.

For any good attributes that could be seen in Maguire his lack of pace is a a major flaw.

AWB simply doesn't have the wing play which is so vital to modern football. We rushed to solve the defensive issue but without any forward planning.

VDB looked like quite a good option, but not if we aren't going to support him with a ball playing DM. Similar to Maguire to some extent. A little extra money and a much better outcome. VDB can't thrive in a midfield that can't pass and move.

The most worrying thing is most fans can see our problems. This season coming we all expect something mad like Kane for £100m or Rice for £100m. Both great options, but Kane is a long term huge risk and will only work if we sort out lots of other positions, I. E. Only useful if we intend to spend £300m+

Rice is brilliant, but isn't a pure DM so will just be an improvement over Mctominay or Fred but still not solve our glaring weakness.

Then there is the problem that for the money we would again need to spend another £200m.

We need to spend smart. Rangnick is bang on that we need to take some chances on the next big thing just about ready. We might have some £40m flops, but better that than a £100m player who ends up looking average because we don't fix 2 or 3 other positions as well.
Right on. We currently have the greatest goal scorer ever but are failing to keep him fed because we can't maintain any form of pressure for sustained period. It seems rather counterproductive to drop another £100m without solving the basic issues that make up a team.

Our fullbacks and deep midfielders need upgrading, Luke Shaw is the only one amongst the lot with the minimum required technical skill required in a team but his head seems gone. AWB, Scot and Fred are woefully short. Those three are the key upgrades we need to look at before thinking about £100m signings.

I think, given our scouting issues, we dont have the capacity to solve our problem areas on the cheap unless if we swallow our pride and hand Ralf thr keys to the castle. A new LB, DM, CM and RB of sufficient quality will cost us, if we stick with our recruitment team, at least £180m and that's before we consider the striker and RW.

This is where the new manager has to earn his money as we have a number of youngsters that if backed could prove useful. James Garner more than held his own against Liverpool at Anfield, would it be disastrous if we started with him as Fred's alternate for the 8 role? Amad, Pellistiri and Elanga in addition to Rashford should be able to forge enough appearances to cover the RW, I don't about Laird in a back four but not long ago we were making CL finals with Rafael and Fabinho at RB.

Next season's brief is get back into the top four whilst building up a modern style of play, I don't think this is too huge a task that stops us from bedding in our youngsters. When you witness some of the dross served up by our £50m - £80m players on big wages you begin to wonder whether the likes of Garner wouldn't do better.

Elanga is ahead of both of those players in terms of progression.

Why do you think a player who cannot break into Rangers starting 11 will break into a United first 11 over a player who's there already?
Bizarre thinking.

I haven’t seen a lot of the other two. But if this is true, then we should get rid of them ASAP.

Regarding question 2, the problem is that the player who has broken into the United team shouldn’t be there, or anywhere near it.

To get this thread marginally back on track. Amad got another 90 minutes quality watching experience from the Rangers bench today. Clearly Gio does not trust him which fits with the comments following the initial game against Celtic that he does not seem interested in his defensive responsibilities and did not take instructions well.

Seems a bit harsh to use Amad as a stick to beat Elanaga with, whilst one is not getting a kick in an average league probably for good reason, and the other is getting more game time than established international players for us right now.

Once again with us, it seems not playing actually makes you look a better player.
Elanga is in a different league physically, Amad is superior technically. Amad seriously needs to put on some size to have a career with us or even in England/Scotland, he’s tiny.

I haven’t seen a lot of the other two. But if this is true, then we should get rid of them ASAP.

Regarding question 2, the problem is that the player who has broken into the United team shouldn’t be there, or anywhere near it.
This is so far away from the truth it actually hurts :lol:

That's my exact point. We've barely seen him play. The loan move has failed miserably.
So you have to ask yourself WHY the loan has failed, especially when he started well?

Is it because he simply isn't good enough right now to hit the level required?
Would certainly seem that way right now.

So you have to ask yourself WHY the loan has failed, especially when he started well?

Is it because he simply isn't good enough right now to hit the level required?
Would certainly seem that way right now.

Or a case of a manager not being interested in developing a player for another club.

Or a case of a manager not being interested in developing a player for another club.
You think GVB brought Amad onboard to develop or help out Rangers title quest??

You think GVB brought Amad onboard to develop or help out Rangers title quest??

Of course, he thought he would slot in right away.

The reality is Amad needed time to get used to the team and get his match rhythm up after barely playing for months and that wasn't worth it for GVB.

This is so far away from the truth it actually hurts :lol:

In your opinion. Which is fine.

I’m slightly more ambitious and would prefer to see United challenging for cups, rather than giving minutes to players of Elanga’s quality.

Maybe a couple of years on loan and he could improve, but he doesn’t even seem to have the instincts or raw talent required to play for a top team.

Yeah, I see Elanga in the first team for Spurs easy. Elanga is quality.

But this is Amads thread so we digress.
Will see next season if we get a competent manager with some backing. Don't see Elanga being in the first team next season. If he still is, then it means we have fecked up another transfer window and a whole season.

Will see next season if we get a competent manager with some backing. Don't see Elanga being in the first team next season. If he still is, then it means we have fecked up another transfer window and a whole season.
As you say we'll see.

There's a greater chance of Elanga being first team material then Amad right now.

In your opinion. Which is fine.

I’m slightly more ambitious and would prefer to see United challenging for cups, rather than giving minutes to players of Elanga’s quality.

Maybe a couple of years on loan and he could improve, but he doesn’t even seem to have the instincts or raw talent required to play for a top team.
So Instead we'll give minutes to Amad, a player who can't get minutes at Rangers?

Of course, he thought he would slot in right away.

The reality is Amad needed time to get used to the team and get his match rhythm up after barely playing for months and that wasn't worth it for GVB.
Or rather GVB played him for the first few games, then gave him a chance against Celtic and realised he wasn't quite up to it, and so didn't trust him after that.

As you say we'll see.

There's a greater chance of Elanga being first team material then Amad right now.
Neither of them are anywhere near United standard currently. Both need good loans.

Neither of them are anywhere near United standard currently. Both need good loans.
Elanga appears to be part of the first team and bar the odd game, playing well, so I'd wager what your saying is incorrect.

Elanga is ahead of both of those players in terms of progression.

Why do you think a player who cannot break into Rangers starting 11 will break into a United first 11 over a player who's there already?
Bizarre thinking.

The only thing Elanga has over Pellistri and Amad is his physicality. He is a strong, quick and can hold his own in the Premier League.

Pellistri and Amad might be too slight in comparison but both have way more ability. Amad also has an effective centre of gravity. The challenge here is fair though...if he isn't getting game time at Rangers then maybe he isn't ready yet.

There is another side to this though. Rangers don't have a long term interest in Amad so little benefit to prioritise him and also Amad is more likely to be selish and try to do too much as keen to impress his parent club. Amad is a natural flair player so this is more likely to be an issue than most other positions.

Ronaldo went from show pony to phenomenal in a small period of time and whilst Amad is unlikely to develop that physique there is definitely some real talent there.

Elanga appears to be part of the first team and bar the odd game, playing well, so I'd wager what your saying is incorrect.
The problem is Elanga is part of a trash first team so hardly a high bar!

Amad's and Pellistri's expectation have fallen of a cliff in my view. They can't even get minutes, never mind start in shit teams.

What a waste of money.

Elanga is a substandard footballer playing regularly at United. At least then he's in good company.

The only thing Elanga has over Pellistri and Amad is his physicality. He is a strong, quick and can hold his own in the Premier League.

Pellistri and Amad might be too slight in comparison but both have way more ability. Amad also has an effective centre of gravity. The challenge here is fair though...if he isn't getting game time at Rangers then maybe he isn't ready yet.

There is another side to this though. Rangers don't have a long term interest in Amad so little benefit to prioritise him and also Amad is more likely to be selish and try to do too much as keen to impress his parent club. Amad is a natural flair player so this is more likely to be an issue than most other positions.

Ronaldo went from show pony to phenomenal in a small period of time and whilst Amad is unlikely to develop that physique there is definitely some real talent there.
I have never doubted Amads ability.

He isn't ready yet, and is a long way off. That cannot be disputed.

He may be a great signing, but anyone trying to claim he is better than Elanga right now is quite frankly talking crap.

Elanga is a substandard footballer playing regularly at United. At least then he's in good company.
How about playing for his country? Is that substandard??

Amad's and Pellistri's expectation have fallen of a cliff in my view. They can't even get minutes, never mind start in shit teams.

What a waste of money.
The summer of signing those two plus van de Beek for £60m+ whilst neglecting CM was a travesty and sent us backwards.

The problem is Elanga is part of a trash first team so hardly a high bar!
Really.

This all we got.

If Amad cannot even get into the match day 11 at Rangers yet alone United then that says a lot more surely?