Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Why the hell is he bleaching his skin...

The kids these days. He's going to comeback the same colour as Lingard. :lol:

Glasgow isn't exactly sunny in February...

'Close to, if not there best,in 2 of them' dosnt actually mean he's been the best, it means he's been one of them and close to it, so even with your selective reading you got it wrong im afraid, i also finish the same post saying he's been one of the best, not the best, one of. You can choose to ignore it, but its there for all to see.

You refer to GVB as if it proves your point, it does the opposite, he selected him to play against celtic after the ross county game, so by your own logic, he was impressed with his performance.

I admitted he was poor against Celtic and GVB lost trust in him , you then thought that him not getting picked against Dortmund was proof he cant of played well against Annon, like a game against Annon was ever going to influence GVB in his team selection against Dortmund, this shows a very poor knowledge about that situation in particular and football in general... Confirming why you disagreeing with me is of no relevance.

I will talk football with anyone, be that someone who knows what they're talking about, or you. I dont sign up to a football forum to then not talk about football when a debate gets going, that would be foolish of me or anyone for that matter...You dont do that do you? Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and lean towards you just scrambleing about for something that sounds slightly humerus., that being said.. Yep im feeling awkward, good one, you can stop being repetitive with that now.

Agree on the last sentence, dont think thats stating anything we havnt already covered. Amads been one of the best in 3 of his last 4 starts, you dont agree, GVB's team selections dont prove anything...Thats it in a nutshell.
Ah ok, so a manager just picks his team's for the sake of it and not based on which players are in form/train well/give the team a better chance of winning the game...

Cool, I'll remember that in future. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I do often feel that the last bastion of someone who cannot reasonably debate a point, or has lost of meaning behind their point, is to cast doubt on the other person's knowledge.
You know nothing about me or my knowledge of football yet feel you should cast doubt on that due to me calling you out over saying Amad was one of the best players/the best player in three Rangers games he has played.

I can tell your a little angry and flustered based on the poor spelling and lack of punctuation, so I'll just leave it here and suggest you have a time out to calm down.

Ah ok, so a manager just picks his team's for the sake of it and not based on which players are in form/train well/give the team a better chance of winning the game...

I do often feel that the last bastion of someone who cannot reasonably debate a point, or has lost of meaning behind their point, is to cast doubt on the other person's knowledge.
You know nothing about me or my knowledge of football yet feel you should cast doubt on that due to me calling you out over saying Amad was one of the best players/the best player in three Rangers games he has played.

I can tell your a little angry and flustered based on the poor spelling and lack of punctuation, so I'll just leave it here and suggest you have a time out to calm down.
The grammer police, the true sign of a defeated individual... Always the absolute confirmation that all else is failing. I wouldn't read too much into it though, my spellings always rubbish.

Again, just for confirmation, i havnt said he's been one of Rangers best in three games for them, i dont know why you keep getting this wrong, 2 starts, Ross County and Annon, his other start was celtic, which iv said numerous times he was awful.

I know you think a 2nd string team, playing a Scottish cup game against lower league minnows, would have a bearing on Dortmund selection, thats telling me a significant amount about your football knowledge. But you are correct, i dont know you, that could of been the anger and frustration talking. What il do, il give you the benefit of the doubt and retract my statement on your lack of football knowledge, i shouldnt judge, even overwhelmingly evidence can be misleading at time. I Apologize for any ill feeling caused.

Soooo, been nice talking to you.

You are just ignoring what is actually being said at this point.

Amad played well against Ross County and impressed enough to earn a start against Celtic. After a poor showing, dropped for the next game, which Rangers won 5-0, and continued on the bench the following game which they also won, 2-0. Van Bronckhorst then changed the entire side for a cup tie against lower league opponents, in which Amad started and was again good.

It should come as no surprise that he wasn't restored to the starting lineup following their 5-0 hammering of Hearts, or that he didn't keep his place after featuring in a game in which the manager rested all his first team in preparation for the following big midweek game.

God knows. Arguing or as they call it, 'debating' over some subtle meaning of words.
A war looming in Ukraine and people are worried about what they think they meant. And barely even football related.
Your right, lock all threads until the Russia/Ukraine situation is resolved.

A bounce game is a friendly usually behind closed doors between two sides.

Is it a Scottish thing? Or is it from a computer game or something? Or maybe American sport?

Not sure if serious. Is this based on your own observation/eye test or something you read?

Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing wild. Just a weird thing dark skinned tonned will do. In the football world Adama Traore has done it. Look at his debut at Aston Villa and then take any imagine of him now or for Wolves he’s a totally different complexion.

Weirdly Diallo is doing it. I’m just not a fan.

Every post I ever see from that dude is straight up nonsense but he’s managed to excel himself with that one.

So I take it it’s nothing you understand but yet you have an insightful opinion on it. So please do share.

Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing wild. Just a weird thing dark skinned tonned will do. In the football world Adama Traore has done it. Look at his debut at Aston Villa and then take any imagine of him now or for Wolves he’s a totally different complexion.

That's an assumption. Both Amad and Adama Traore came from sunnier countries. Living in England, they're bound to get a fair bit lighter. That's the more likely situation I feel, than these boys intentionally bleaching. I can't think of any reason they'd want to.

I'm assuming you're of African descent, and so you'd know that most people of African descent tan as well, and normally when we go to warmer climes, we get noticeably darker. Few weeks back in the UK, you lose it all.

That's an assumption. Both Amad and Adama Traore came from sunnier countries. Living in England, they're bound to get a fair bit lighter. That's the more likely situation I feel, than these boys intentionally bleaching. I can't think of any reason they'd want to.

I'm assuming you're of African descent, and so you'd know that most people of African descent tan as well, and normally when we go to warmer climes, we get noticeably darker. Few weeks back in the UK, you lose it all.

Come on man! Let’s not be gullible.

https://futballnews.com/keita-balde...n-africa-check-out-his-lover-simona-guatieri/

I get what you are saying but spending a year in England isn’t going to make you lose 2 different shades of colour. Otherwise dark skin people wouldn’t exist in cold countries and trust me they do!

He’s bleaching, I’m not here to judge just confused to why 3 players have openly started doing it. But I don’t live their live and know their insecurities.

I do know this sort of thing happens in certain west African countries in particular but I won't comment on things I have no proof of.

I do know this sort of thing happens in certain west African countries in particular but I won't comment on things I have no proof of.
I live in Nigeria and its quite common, I can easily spot it and quite clearly Antonio Valencia did it too and yes I noticed it with Amad as well.

I think you’re making a fool of yourself in this particular discussion. It appears you are not really reading or trying to understand what you are criticizing.

Just out of interest, how would one notice such a thing?
Sudden change in skin tone initially uneven, and then over time it becomes more blended, in Nigeria there are body lotions and soaps for this things. We see it all the time so it not so difficult with the naked eye

I think you’re making a fool of yourself in this particular discussion. It appears you are not really reading or trying to understand what you are criticizing.
How so?

I'm making the point that if Amad was truly the best player (or one of the best players) on the pitch in three of the games he has started as was stated, then why is he now not getting selected to start?
Is the manager not picking his team based on the metrics I've mentioned in my post? If so surely that would point to Amad not quite fitting in or not quite performing as the manager would like in order to gain a start regularly.

I would say it's clear that GVB wants Amad to gel into the team some more, hence his inclusion in the training match v Brentford, which again only strengthens my point that maybe the manager doesn't deem him quite ready for a regular starting spot yet.
Seems strange why a manager would bench a player who has been ripping it up in his starts, unless of course the answer is he hasn't been as good as the poster suggested.

How so?

I'm making the point that if Amad was truly the best player (or one of the best players) on the pitch in three of the games he has started as was stated, then why is he now not getting selected to start?
Is the manager not picking his team based on the metrics I've mentioned in my post? If so surely that would point to Amad not quite fitting in or not quite performing as the manager would like in order to gain a start regularly.

I would say it's clear that GVB wants Amad to gel into the team some more, hence his inclusion in the training match v Brentford, which again only strengthens my point that maybe the manager doesn't deem him quite ready for a regular starting spot yet.
Seems strange why a manager would bench a player who has been ripping it up in his starts, unless of course the answer is he hasn't been as good as the poster suggested.

If you read your first sentence, it’s not a point, but a question. It’s been answered several times, and I think nobody but you will find it strange that being one of the best players in a B-string against a lower league team doesn’t give a starting place ahead of players who have two straight clean sheeted wins. If you indeed do.

You have consistently misquoted the said poster and yourself in this discussion, so it’s hard to believe you know what the poster’s opinion about Amad really is.

Personally I’m guessing Amad is behind other players atm, but I’d be surprised if he’s very far off a starting place. As a light 19 year old loanee in a new team, that doesn’t worry me too much at this point. I hope he fancies the challenge and grows from it.

I live in Nigeria and its quite common, I can easily spot it and quite clearly Antonio Valencia did it too and yes I noticed it with Amad as well.

To be fair I see it myself in Amad and Troare. Valencia not so much but I'm not going to speculate and come to conclusions. You probably have a better eye for these things than I do

If you read your first sentence, it’s not a point, but a question. It’s been answered several times, and I think nobody but you will find it strange that being one of the best players in a B-string against a lower league team doesn’t give a starting place ahead of players who have two straight clean sheeted wins. If you indeed do.

You have consistently misquoted the said poster and yourself in this discussion, so it’s hard to believe you know what the poster’s opinion about Amad really is.

Personally I’m guessing Amad is behind other players atm, but I’d be surprised if he’s very far off a starting place. As a light 19 year old loanee in a new team, that doesn’t worry me too much at this point. I hope he fancies the challenge and grows from it.
In regards to the bolded part so do I, as that would make it a successful loan in my opinion.

On the bench against Motherwell at home…

That Celtic performance has ruined his loan.

We just aimed too high a level with the loan. He's got better players ahead of him.

There was no guarantee a youngster with very little first team experience was going to walk into a team battling for 3 trophies, including a European one.

The bench also includes Kemar Roofe and Scott Wright - more experienced players battling for the same spot. And when Aaron Ramsey is fit, that means Aribo or Arfield could start there as well.

Diallo is still getting good matchday experience at a big club as they battle for trophies. And if he performs well when he gets opportunities, then he can still make a useful contribution on the pitch in the remaining 3 months. If he doesn't take those opportunities, he'll still benefit from the experience and should learn what he needs to do better next season. If he doesn't learn from it, that's on him.

For those who said that we shouldn't send him on loan to Ranger to sit on the bench. First and foremost, he has to perform in order to be selected regardless of which team he was sent on loan. If Man Utd send him to Ranger, that means that they see him fit the level and should be able to get games.

Amad need to up his game and fight for his chance to build up his character and skills. I personally think that Ranger is his level and he should work harder to get back the starting place. If Ranger quarantee a starting place for him he can't develop well as a player without any fight, grit and mental strength.

I would actually loan him back there next season too. Squad player there is better than reserve here. He just needs to earn his place back and I’m confident he will. If he can’t get in Rangers team he’s not getting into the Utd side although who knows what our attack will look like next season. It’s an easier level of football with the right kind of physical and mental tests for a young player