Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

I disagree with you here,

And evidently GVB disagrees with you also.
Evidently GVB didnt disagree with me because he picked him to start the celtic game after the Ross County game, so he clearly liked what he saw. Rangers fans were also full of praise for him after Ross County.

Fortunately, you disagreeing with me is of total irrelevance to me, wont be the first time 2 people see somthing differently. I think he was one of our best against Wolves, i think he was one of Rangers best against Ross County, thats good enough for me.

Evidently GVB didnt disagree with me because he picked him to start the celtic game after the Ross County game, so he clearly liked what he saw. Rangers fans were also full of praise for him after Ross County.

Fortunately, you disagreeing with me is of total irrelevance to me, wont be the first time 2 people see somthing differently. I think he was one of our best against Wolves, i think he was one of Rangers best against Ross County, thats good enough for me.
Good job I'm not looking to be relevant to you then :lol:

The interesting thing for me was Amad not getting any minutes against Dortmund, which you'd think given his supposed performance the game before he would have wouldn't you?
He also didn't start against Dundee Utd as well.
So is GVB just not playing players who play well deliberately I wonder?

I don't think Amad is trusted in that team yet, personally I think he is still being played out of position but he won't get in over Aribo or Ramsey as number 10.

The failure to square the ball and provide an open goal yesterday was really poor. He either lacked the awareness/vision, the execution to square it or he was greedy. He has the ability to contribute but that was very disappointing yesterday.

Here are his involvements since coming on in 73rd minute. The negativity over his contribution is bizarre.

I didn't watch the game but from this short highlight vid, his technique looks elite for a kid his age. Looks very graceful both at dribbling and passing the ball.

Good job I'm not looking to be relevant to you then :lol:

The interesting thing for me was Amad not getting any minutes against Dortmund, which you'd think given his supposed performance the game before he would have wouldn't you?
He also didn't start against Dundee Utd as well.
So is GVB just not playing players who play well deliberately I wonder?

I don't think Amad is trusted in that team yet, personally I think he is still being played out of position but he won't get in over Aribo or Ramsey as number 10.
Now that the laughing emoji has made an appearance, i worry i may have touched a nerve, i apologize.

No need to wonder, its crystal clear, he played well against Ross County, because of that, he got selected to play against Celtic, he had a shocker, GVB's current team selections are based off his Celtic performance. Really easy to understand..the Celtic game has been a killer for him, no arguments there, he hasnt been trusted since that game.

Still played well against wolves and Ross County though.

Diallo scored 2 in a bounce match against Brentford today, game finished 2-2. The Rangers side was basically a second 11 side so fairly strong, the Brentford team was "an experienced squad made up of a mix of first-teeam and B team players, which included Christian Eriksen".

Rangers fans got rightly pissed because he came in and was too timid plus missed a 1v1.

But all that completely ignores that he has looked good and had very bright moments.

Scoring 2 against Brentford ain't too shabby either.

I'd say his loan has been a mixed bag so far but really the Rangers fans all got pissed off over one 25 minute cameo which was by no means bad. It just had bad and good moments.

Suddenly it made them completely forget about his performance in the last game.

Here are his involvements since coming on in 73rd minute. The negativity over his contribution is bizarre.

He was very poor off the ball against Celtic and then he bottled that 50-50 before then thinking he was offside and not going for the ball. The narrative has now been set that he’s lazy unfortunately. Objectively it was a very decent cameo - an inch away from a goal and an assist.

He was very poor off the ball against Celtic and then he bottled that 50-50 before then thinking he was offside and not going for the ball. The narrative has now been set that he’s lazy unfortunately. Objectively it was a very decent cameo - an inch away from a goal and an assist.

I can see why Rangers are pissed as well they are trying to win a league but for us he clearly shows a lot of promise in his development.

Also we just need to look at the Wolves game to see that he is capable of working hard and getting stuck in.

Also if we are counting the Brentford friendly he has 3 goals and 1 assist since joining Rangers. Not setting the world alight but it's still very promising

Now that the laughing emoji has made an appearance, i worry i may have touched a nerve, i apologize.

No need to wonder, its crystal clear, he played well against Ross County, because of that, he got selected to play against Celtic, he had a shocker, GVB's current team selections are based off his Celtic performance. Really easy to understand..the Celtic game has been a killer for him, no arguments there, he hasnt been trusted since that game.

Still played well against wolves and Ross County though.
So despite being 'apparently' the best player against Annan (despite you admitting you didn't see the game) he still got dropped the next game?? Some strange decisions at work here.

Again we are back to GVB dropping players who are the best on the pitch!

The simple fact right now is Amad hasn't been the best player on the park for Rangers in any of his games he has made an appearance in, that Rangers have been more dominant in game without Amad almost proves this also.

I'm glad he played well against Wolves nearly a year ago! Not sure what impact that has on his performances this season however?

So despite being 'apparently' the best player against Annan (despite you admitting you didn't see the game) he still got dropped the next game?? Some strange decisions at work here.

The simple fact right now is Amad hasn't been the best player on the park for Rangers in any of his games he has made an appearance in, that Rangers have been more dominant in game without Amad almost proves this also.

I'm glad he played well against Wolves nearly a year ago! Not sure what impact that has on his performances this season however?

In fairness he was arguably the best player on the pitch against Annan FC only that was a cup game so he was playing with the second string + Ramsey.

He was given Man of the Match by some. Sakala also got man of the match by others so it depends who you ask.

Both of whom didn't play the next game. So they weren't really dropped it just meant neither was going to start either way

Yes? You’re acting like this is some huge gotcha as if managers usually choose their first XI in big games based off cup matches against 4th tier semi-pro sides.

Cole Palmer was good against Swindon and hasn’t made an appearance since. Very strange from Pep, Palmer was evidently actually shit against Swindon.

Yeah i happily admitt i was going off reports of the annon game, we'r not in court are we? Was used as part of an example that when he starts games, he's generally done well. If those reports are incorrect then he was still one of the best players against Ross County and against Wolves.

The Wolves game was part of his 'last 4 starts' which i refered to, where did i say anything about just this season? I didnt, thats a fact, but im also glad he played well in it. What isnt a fact is that he wasnt one of Rangers best players against Ross County, your opinion maybe, but not a fact, thats you being silly because your getting agitated.

And please dont tell me you think a scottish cup game against lower league Annon was ever going to reset GVB's thinking in regards to the Dortmund game, they rested players in preparation for the Dortmund game, dont let your need to prove me wrong cloud your common sense.

Yeah i happily admitt i was going off reports of the annon game, we'r not in court are we? Was used as part of an example that when he starts games, he's generally done well. If those reports are incorrect then he was still one of the best players against Ross County and against Wolves.

The Wolves game was part of his 'last 4 starts' which i refered to, where did i say anything about just this season? I didnt, thats a fact, but im also glad he played well in it. What isnt a fact is that he wasnt one of Rangers best players against Ross County, your opinion maybe, but not a fact, thats you being silly because your getting agitated.

And please dont tell me you think a scottish cup game against lower league Annon was ever going to reset GVB's thinking in regards to the Dortmund game, they rested players in preparation for the Dortmund game, dont let your need to prove me wrong cloud your common sense.
Your position on this was he has been the best player in the games he has played - he hasn't.

Seems strange that if he has been, he would be dropped for the big games against Hearts and Dortmund for example. That just doesn't make any sense really. I understand your reasoning that he was dropped because of the Celtic game, but then why did 8 of the Rangers team from that game play in the next game and in the Dortmund game,
again, I would have thought that being the best player on the pitch for three games would give Amad more time on the pitch than what he has since got, considering other players who were equally as bad in the Celtic game are still starting.

The Woves game is irrelevant due to being last May, that has zero bearing on his current situation on loan at Rangers! So why even bring it up?

Sounds to me like you really want to save face, despite you suggesting that my opinion wasn't relevant to you, bit awkward that!

I never said anything about them being flops. I said we wouldn’t have signed them both if we’d signed Sancho in that window. Based on every year in United’s history when it comes to spending money.
I confused you with someone else. Sure that's plausible, even likely. But you also said we would never sign "3 right wingers" in the same window, and that's irrelevant because the kids weren't first team signings.

Your position on this was he has been the best player in the games he has played - he hasn't.

Seems strange that if he has been, he would be dropped for the big games against Hearts and Dortmund for example. That just doesn't make any sense really. I understand your reasoning that he was dropped because of the Celtic game, but then why did 8 of the Rangers team from that game play in the next game and in the Dortmund game,
again, I would have thought that being the best player on the pitch for three games would give Amad more time on the pitch than what he has since got, considering other players who were equally as bad in the Celtic game are still starting.

The Woves game is irrelevant due to being last May, that has zero bearing on his current situation on loan at Rangers! So why even bring it up?

Sounds to me like you really want to save face, despite you suggesting that my opinion wasn't relevant to you, bit awkward that!

Well your first sentence here is wrong, go back and read my first post.."he's been ONE of the best players on the pitch in 3 of them" if only you had read the first post correctly, might of saved us both some time. Talk about Awkward.

The paragraph is just ifs, buts and why's, a lot of words, nothing much of use one way or another...And where you getting 3 good games for Rangers from, iv only mentioned 2 for Rangers, Ross county and Annon, again, if only you read things clearly.

The Wolves game is relevent because i included it in my thinking, which is my entitlement, i used his last 4 starts as my criteria, unfortunately for you, you dont get to choose what criteria i use. You can choose to have an opinion on it, as you have, but i brought it up and included it, basically because i can and i wanted to.

To simplify things to a level we can both hopefully understand..

I think he was one of of our best players against Wolves
I think he was one of Rangers best players against Ross County
I think he was awful against Celtic
Reperts say he was one of Rangers best players against Annon

My criteria : His Last 4 starts, 3 good games

If you disagree on his performance these 4 starts then thats entirely up to you, dont worry why GVB selects who he selects, you shouldnt need his team selections to back up your opinion.

I wasnt suggesting your opinion wasnt relevent to me, i was stating it clearly...Now that is a bit awkward.

Relax dude. Jesus.

Looks good in those clips, seems Rangers fans on the Internet can as ridiculous as Manchester United fans on the Internet.

At the end of the day he's got 3 goals and an assist counting the Brentford game. He ain't doing bad.

I confused you with someone else. Sure that's plausible, even likely. But you also said we would never sign "3 right wingers" in the same window, and that's irrelevant because the kids weren't first team signings.
If you can give an example of United ever signing three right wingers in the same window feel free to share it.

Well your first sentence here is wrong, go back and read my first post.."he's been ONE of the best players on the pitch in 3 of them" if only you had read the first post correctly, might of saved us both some time. Talk about Awkward.

The paragraph is just ifs, buts and why's, a lot of words, nothing much of use one way or another...And where you getting 3 good games for Rangers from, iv only mentioned 2 for Rangers, Ross county and Annon, again, if only you read things clearly.

The Wolves game is relevent because i included it in my thinking, which is my entitlement, i used his last 4 starts as my criteria, unfortunately for you, you dont get to choose what criteria i use. You can choose to have an opinion on it, as you have, but i brought it up and included it, basically because i can and i wanted to.

To simplify things to a level we can both hopefully understand..

I think he was one of of our best players against Wolves
I think he was one of Rangers best players against Ross County
I think he was awful against Celtic
Reperts say he was one of Rangers best players against Annon

My criteria : His Last 4 starts, 3 good games

If you disagree on his performance these 4 starts then thats entirely up to you, dont worry why GVB selects who he selects, you shouldnt need his team selections to back up your opinion.

I wasnt suggesting your opinion wasnt relevent to me, i was stating it clearly...Now that is a bit awkward.
He's been close to, if not there best in 2 of them,

That's what you said.

I said he hasn't.

This triggered you despite your protestations that it bore little relevance.

I then suggested GVB thought similar (that he wasn't the best player on the pitch) hence his team selections.

That leads us to now, whereby you are now writing essays despite claiming you don't care, which dare I say is amusing to me and probably a bit awkward for you I'd imagine.

I have my opinion, you have yours, GVB also has his. Only one matters really, and so far it's not been good for Amad.

If you can give an example of United ever signing three right wingers in the same window feel free to share it.
Yes, I know all the youth team signings throughout each year off the top...

I'm positive we sign 3 players in the same position for different teams throughout the youth setup constantly.

But again, my point that they weren't first team signings keeps flying over your head.

Yes, I know all the youth team signings throughout each year off the top...

I'm positive we sign 3 players in the same position for different teams throughout the youth setup constantly.

But again, my point that they weren't first team signings keeps flying over your head.
How many youth signings do we pay £30m combined for? You’re fighting logic here.

How many youth signings do we pay £30m combined for? You’re fighting logic here.
So you believe they were signed for the first team because we could not get Sancho?

Well, If so, I disagree, you don't go for 2 completely unexperienced 18 year old because you couldn't get one of Bundesliga's best players.
I'm no expert on our youth setup, but we also paid 10m for Mejbri. Ajax got Daramy for 12m euro in the summer and has barely featured in the first team.
Pedri also cost Barca 20m, the difference with him is that he hit the ground running. This doesn't always happen.

So you believe they were signed for the first team because we could not get Sancho?

Well, If so, I disagree, you don't go for 2 completely unexperienced 18 year old because you couldn't get one of Bundesliga's best players.
I'm no expert on our youth setup, but we also paid 10m for Mejbri. Ajax got Daramy for 12m euro in the summer and has barely featured in the first team.
Pedri also cost Barca 20m, the difference with him is that he hit the ground running. This doesn't always happen.

I believe we signed Amad in the hope he could join the first team. Pellistri is a weird one. We didn’t pay £10m for Mejbri, unless we’re also saying Amad cost us £30m.

Daramy has been in all but one of Ajax’s squads since he signed. Fair to say he’s in the first team squad.

There's a lot missed from that clip, like when he refused to take a pass from Tavernier when he thought he was offside (Tavernier was telling him that he wasn't. Repeatedly). The ball just lingered in free space for ages because there was no Dundee United player near it and Diallo refused to get it.

Also when Diallo hit the post, it was greed. Not cutting it back to Sakala was a very poor decision, but Rangers fans while raging now, will eventually forgive him that. It's the naivety of not playing to the whistle and backing out of 60-40 (in Diallo's favour) challenges they are really pissed about. You cannot look like you lack commitment and get the fans on your side.

I believe we signed Amad in the hope he could join the first team. Pellistri is a weird one. We didn’t pay £10m for Mejbri, unless we’re also saying Amad cost us £30m.

Daramy has been in all but one of Ajax’s squads since he signed. Fair to say he’s in the first team squad.
"In the hope", meaning it wouldn't surprise anyone if it takes time? :)

Daramy rarely plays in the first team. He's played more for the reserves. The only reason he may have been on the bench more for them than Amad has been for us, is because of the EPL has limits the bench to 9.

10-20m fees for super talents that aren't expected to jump right into the first team, do happen.

Surely he will get a chance in pre season. We have no RW and we are currently trying to play Lingard and Rashford there. Diallo would be perfect if he can show signs of improvement in the next few months.

He needs to take this opportunity and make it his.

It's the perfect loan for him at this stage of his development.

He's laying in a physical league which will help him come to terms with the nature of the premiership. He has plenty of time to go for the rest of this season and hopefully this leads to another loan next season to a premier league team who can guarantee considerable playing time.

The doubts about Amad have never been around ability, if you go back and watch the games against AC Milan and Leicester from last season you can clearly see that, the only issue is if he will be able to handle the physicality of the league.

Another 18 months of first team football in a competitive and physically demanding league will ensure he is ready for us at the start of the 23/24 season.

The highlights for the bounce game with Brentford are available to Rangers TV subscribers now. Amad’s first goal was very good, really good skill to beat a few men and then put it in the far corner. He at least used the opportunity to stake his claim and show what he can do. Good to see Eriksen playing too, he was involved in anything Brentford did.

Reactions: roonster09
The highlights for the bounce game with Brentford are available to Rangers TV subscribers now. Amad’s first goal was very good, really good skill to beat a few men and then put it in the far corner. He at least used the opportunity to stake his claim and show what he can do. Good to see Eriksen playing too, he was involved in anything Brentford did.

Found the first goal. Not too shabby that.

Last edited:
Found the first goal. Not too shabby that.
That video actually cuts out the best bit, when he received the ball he used very good skill to beat the first man. That clip starts just after he’s done that for some reason.

That video actually cuts out the best bit, when he received the ball he used very good skill to beat the first man. That clip starts just after he’s done that for some reason.

Damn that a shame. The above is the only one I could find

He's been close to, if not there best in 2 of them,

That's what you said.

I said he hasn't.

This triggered you despite your protestations that it bore little relevance.

I then suggested GVB thought similar (that he wasn't the best player on the pitch) hence his team selections.

That leads us to now, whereby you are now writing essays despite claiming you don't care, which dare I say is amusing to me and probably a bit awkward for you I'd imagine.

I have my opinion, you have yours, GVB also has his. Only one matters really, and so far it's not been good for Amad.
'Close to, if not there best,in 2 of them' dosnt actually mean he's been the best, it means he's been one of them and close to it, so even with your selective reading you got it wrong im afraid, i also finish the same post saying he's been one of the best, not the best, one of, and this is the part you actually highlighted in your first response. You can choose to ignore it now, but its there for all to see.

You refer to GVB as if it proves your point, it does the opposite, he selected him to play against celtic after the ross county game, so by your own logic, he was impressed with his performance.

I admitted he was poor against Celtic and GVB lost trust in him , you then thought that him not getting picked against Dortmund was proof he cant of played well against Annon, like a game against Annon was ever going to influence GVB in his team selection against Dortmund, this shows a very poor knowledge about that situation in particular and football in general... Confirming why you disagreeing with me is of no relevance.

I will talk football with anyone, be that someone who knows what they're talking about, or you. I dont sign up to a football forum to then not talk about football when a debate gets going, that would be foolish of me or anyone for that matter...You dont do that do you? Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and lean towards you just scrambleing about for something that sounds slightly humerus., that being said.. Yep im feeling awkward, good one, you can stop being repetitive with that now.

Agree on the last sentence, dont think thats stating anything we havnt already covered. Amads been one of the best in 3 of his last 4 starts, you dont agree, GVB's team selections dont prove anything...Thats it in a nutshell.

Last edited: