Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Let me know when they become finished products. I suspect you'll never message me...
Yes, you're right, but not for the reasons you think.
For most kids, the picture becomes pretty clear when they're around 22 I'd say. See you in 2-3 years.

He had a run late in the second half where he showed more pace than I've seen from him before. I'd say it was Elanga level of speed and acceleration. He hit the post at the end of that run.

You said we signed them because we didn't get Sancho, when Sancho fell through in the summer and we got these 2 in the winter.
Both were signed at the end of the summer transfer window. They just couldn’t do the paperwork in time for Amad. There’s no way we’d have bought both if we’d got Sancho when we should have.

Both were signed at the end of the summer transfer window. They just couldn’t do the paperwork in time for Amad. There’s no way we’d have bought both if we’d got Sancho when we should have.
So Pellistri was indeed signed in the summer, but the Amad deal was done in October and finalized in late January.

That's impossible to say and based on completely nothing.

If we were doing a desperation signing to get a player for our squad, we wouldn't go for an 18 year old getting his feet wet or a kid from outside of Europe. This sounds ridiculous to me.

So Pellistri was indeed signed in the summer, but the Amad deal was done in October and finalized in late January.

That's impossible to say and based on completely nothing.

If we were doing a desperation signing to get a player for our squad, we wouldn't go for an 18 year old getting his feet wet or a kid from outside of Europe. This sounds ridiculous to me.
It’s based on knowing how United always operate. If we’d spent £100m on Sancho as the asking price was then there’s no way we spend that kind of money on two more right wingers.

It’s based on knowing how United always operate. If we’d spent £100m on Sancho as the asking price was then there’s no way we spend that kind of money on two more right wingers.
So, when was the last time we missed out on a 100m senior player and went for two unexperienced 18 year old instead? We were in for Grealish before we went for VDB, weren't we?

It's not based on anything, you just made it up.

So, when was the last time we missed out on a 100m senior player and went for two unexperienced 18 year old instead? We were in for Grealish before we went for VDB, weren't we?

It's not based on anything, you just made it up.
Because it would’ve been the most United have ever spent in a transfer window. And while United are stupid, they aren’t quite stupid enough to spend it all on one position.

There’s no evidence for either theory. Just common sense. The only thing made up was you stating we signed Amad and Pellistri in the winter.

A difficult loan could be the making of him. Plenty of other top talents have gone on loan and not exactly lit the place up.

Does anybody remember how Beckham got on at Preston?

Let the guy realise what it takes to make it at the top level. Let's see if he's got the fight and determination and will power to progress.

Whether he smashes it at Rangers or not, it really won't decide if he will become a top player or not.

Didn't Lingard have a couple of very average loan moves to the championship around the same age?

Because it would’ve been the most United have ever spent in a transfer window. And while United are stupid, they aren’t quite stupid enough to spend it all on one position.

There’s no evidence for either theory. Just common sense. The only thing made up was you stating we signed Amad and Pellistri in the winter.
:lol: You got it wrong yourself too when you said Amad was a summer signing.

So far your theory is:
United only signed Amad and Pellistri because they didn't get Sancho (even though they weren't all in the same window)
United didn't sign them in the same window "because it would've been the most United have ever spent in a transfer window" and "they didn't want to spend so much on one position."

Fascinating stuff.

So far your theory is:
United only signed Amad and Pellistri because they didn't get Sancho (even though they weren't all in the same window)
United didn't sign them in the same window "because it would've been the most United have ever spent in a transfer window" and "they didn't want to spend so much on one position."

Fascinating stuff.
Wasn’t his visa the only reason the signing didn’t go through in the summer? Pretty sure the club announced the deal at the end of the summer window, and confirmed it in January once the formalities were complete.

A difficult loan could be the making of him. Plenty of other top talents have gone on loan and not exactly lit the place up.

Let the guy realise what it takes to make it at the top level. Let's see if he's got the fight and determination and will power to progress.

Whether he smashes it at Rangers or not, it really won't decide if he will become a top player or not.

Didn't Lingard have a couple of very average loan moves to the championship around the same age?

Becks was getting regular write ups in Match and Shoot. Lots of people talked up his chances. It wasn't Ryan Giggs levels of hype but the consensus was that Beckham was too good for Preston.

Amad needed to go on loan to a British club. He's got good feet but, as we saw today at Elland Road, you gotta be able to take a kicking and keep at it in the Premier League.

Whatever happens we'll learn more about the kid. Ultimately he has a lot of the raw goods. It'll be on him to show he can deal with the physicality of our football. Hope he can make an impact.

So far your theory is:

Fascinating stuff.
It was a summer window signing. It was announced pending a work permit. It’s ok to admit you’re wrong.

So far you’ve just been wrong and making yourself look a little bit of a fool. If you believe United would’ve signed three right wingers in the same window, pushing our spend to record levels then you’re beyond help.

Not a every 18 year old will have a career trajectory like Ronaldo messi or Giggs. Some people need to calm down with their OTT criticism. And also those bringing the argument of the 40m being wasted. Do they even realize if his value goes to 36m then he would have had a successful career at United. I feel loaning him for next full season would do him some good.

Becks was getting regular write ups in Match and Shoot. Lots of people talked up his chances. It wasn't Ryan Giggs levels of hype but the consensus was that Beckham was too good for Preston.

Amad needed to go on loan to a British club. He's got good feet but, as we saw today at Elland Road, you gotta be able to take a kicking and keep at it in the Premier League.

Whatever happens we'll learn more about the kid. Ultimately he has a lot of the raw goods. It'll be on him to show he can deal with the physicality of our football. Hope he can make an impact.

Good post. If he’s ever going to be a starter, ie a dominant winger for us in the PL. He needs to be tough and brave. Technique alone isn’t enough. This loan will hopefully wake him up a bit. Theres still plenty of the season left for him to impress too. Everything with him and posters on here seems so emotional and reactive. He’s a good young player who needs to improve a lot. That’s why he wasn’t starting here.

Last edited:
Good post. If he’s ever going to be a starter, ie a dominant left winger for us in the PL. He needs to be tough and brave. Technique alone isn’t enough. This loan will hopefully wake him up a bit. Theres still plenty of the season left for him to impress too. Everything with him and posters on here seem so emotional and reactive. He’s a good young player who needs to improve a lot. That’s why he wasn’t starting here.

A lot of posters here don't understand academy players or 18y.o kids. They all expect them to have an immediate impact or they are flops -- instead of incremental growth/improvements.

So far your theory is:

Fascinating stuff.

What are you talking about? Amad and Pellistri were both signed in the summer window - on the last day of it, to my recollection. But the deal for Amad stipulated that he would not join United until the January window. Pretty straightforward?

What are you talking about? Amad and Pellistri were both signed in the summer window - on the last day of it, to my recollection. But the deal for Amad stipulated that he would not join United until the January window. Pretty straightforward?

Bloody hell!!!

You two need to just stop (being so pedantic) and just get a room. The sexual tension between the two is so blatant.

Bloody hell!!!

You two need to just stop (being so pedantic) and just get a room. The sexual tension between the two is so blatant.

You've the wrong man there. That was my first post in that exchange, and I was just trying to clear up a factual point.

You seem to have a point though. :)

You've chosen some bad examples there I think. Beckham demonstrated very quickly he was ready for the first team and was brought back and Lingard scored a lot of goals at those lower levels. I remember his Leicester loan (first one?) he even scored 4 on his debut I think.

Not a every 18 year old will have a career trajectory like Ronaldo messi or Giggs. Some people need to calm down with their OTT criticism. And also those bringing the argument of the 40m being wasted. Do they even realize if his value goes to 36m then he would have had a successful career at United. I feel loaning him for next full season would do him some good.
Agree. I dont understand how people can criticise this signing. Off course we could have signed someone with more direct impact, but all the big clubs have to balance and think two thoughts at the same time (short and long term). He can be a very very good, descent or bad signing, but we would probably not get the answer this season nor the next season.

The signing of Ahmad was in my opinion a low risk signing. He could be a world class wing, and if not we probably won’t loose much money on him (ref. James to Leeds for £30m).

Conclusion: The signing of Ahmad has a much higher upside than downside.

You've chosen some bad examples there I think. Beckham demonstrated very quickly he was ready for the first team and was brought back and Lingard scored a lot of goals at those lower levels. I remember his Leicester loan (first one?) he even scored 4 on his debut I think.
The point is the first loans are rarely very important. It's about playing time, fighting for your place - realising being at the top is a privilege more than anything.

Lets use Harry Kane as a better example shall we?

Barely did anything in the championship, he must have been rubbish.

2011 → Leyton Orient (loan) 18 (5)
2012 → Millwall (loan) 22 (7)
2012–2013 → Norwich City (loan) 3 (0)
2013 → Leicester City (loan) 13 (2)

Then suddenly he got given a chance at Spurs and never looked back. Sometimes it's about maturing, the penny dropping and getting a chance at the right moment.

Amad is clearly a very good footballer, he just needs to work on a few things and keep working hard.

The point is the first loans are rarely very important. It's about playing time, fighting for your place - realising being at the top is a privilege more than anything.

Then suddenly he got given a chance at Spurs and never looked back. Sometimes it's about maturing, the penny dropping and getting a chance at the right moment.

Amad is clearly a very good footballer, he just needs to work on a few things and keep working hard.
Bringing Kane as example is moot point. For one Kane there are thousands of youngsters with terrible loan who never panned out in the end. He is the exception rather than the norm.

Bringing Kane as example is moot point. For one Kane there are thousands of youngsters with terrible loan who never panned out in the end. He is the exception rather than the norm.
Eh? that's exactly the point i'm making.

One good or bad loan means nothing in the grand scheme. Who would have seen Kane at that stage and said he would turn out to be the player he is now?

Whether Amad smashes it at Rangers or struggles will not determine if he's good enough in the future.

Ah, so I googled it and saw Amad was agreed in October and finalized in January, but I forgot the summer window extended to October that year.

It was a summer window signing. It was announced pending a work permit. It’s ok to admit you’re wrong.

So far you’ve just been wrong and making yourself look a little bit of a fool. If you believe United would’ve signed three right wingers in the same window, pushing our spend to record levels then you’re beyond help.
The only thing foolish is believing an Uruguayan kid and kid just having made his debut in Serie A were signed for the first team as a replacement for Dortmund's 80m superstar.

Their position is irrelevant when one's a immediate signing for the first team, the other for the future. But if you already consider them "flops", it makes sense you wouldn't see the difference.

You thought Amad and Pellistri were signed as Sancho replacements and Ole thought they were hot garbage upon arrival and therefore didn't actually use them for the first team?

Kane did win Millwall young player of the season. I think his rise is mostly due to hard work though. His Leicester team mates said that he was always doing extra in the gym and training pitch to improve himself.

Paul Konchesky

“When he came to us, he was actually subbed quite a bit,” the left-back “But he chipped in and worked so hard on his finishing every single day in training.

“As a senior player, it was your responsibility to help look after them. Especially somebody like Harry, who absolutely everybody could see worked very hard and wanted to be in the team. It was impossible not to want him to do well and be a part of it.”

Martyn Waghorn

“You could see the way he worked off the pitch, he worked just as hard on it," Waghorn, now at Derby

"He was always in the gym staying around doing the extra bits. I was injured at the time, so I noticed him a lot in the gym doing what he needed to do.

"He conducted himself in a great manner. He always wanted to improve and better himself every day and loved winning games.

It's impossible for us know if Diallo is as driven as Kane. Lets hope he is.

Ah, so I googled it and saw Amad was agreed in October and finalized in January, but I forgot the summer window extended to October that year.

The only thing foolish is believing an Uruguayan kid and kid just having made his debut in Serie A were signed for the first team as a replacement for Dortmund's 80m superstar.

Their position is irrelevant when one's a immediate signing for the first team, the other for the future. But if you already consider them "flops", it makes sense you wouldn't see the difference.

You thought Amad and Pellistri were signed as Sancho replacements and Ole thought they were hot garbage upon arrival and therefore didn't actually use them for the first team?
I never said anything about them being flops. I said we wouldn’t have signed them both if we’d signed Sancho in that window. Based on every year in United’s history when it comes to spending money.

He's started 3 games for them after being injured and playing barley any football all season ffs.

He's been close to, if not there best in 2 of them, had a shocker along with the rest of the team in another. Yesterdays cameo's getting slated because he didnt square a ball he should have, hit the post, a few inches to the left and he's the hero...19 yearold takes wrong option, feck me, the best players ever have had shite games and took wrong options as teenagers. He also put a beutiful ball across there box that was screaming to be nodded in. And if he's getting wrote off because he pulled out of a 50/50, feck sake, not ideal but hardly the make or break of a teenage attackers career.

The last 4 games he's started in his first team career, he's been one of the best players on the pitch in 3 of them.

Last edited:
He's started 3 games for them after being injured and playing barley any football all season ffs.

He's been close to, if not there best in 2 of them, had a shocker along with the rest of the team in another. Yesterdays cameo's getting slated because he didnt square a ball he should have, hit the post, a few inches to the left and he's the hero...19 yearold takes wrong option, feck me, the best players ever have had shite games and took wrong options as teenagers. He also put a beutiful ball across there box that was screaming to be nodded in. And if he's getting wrote off because he pulled out of a 50/50, feck sake, not ideal but hardly the make or break of a teenage attackers career.

The last 4 games he's started in his first team career, he's been one of the best players on the pitch in 3 of them.
He really hasn't.

Amad Diallo, £35m wonderkid; noo he's a dick.

Amad not for me.

No fight no bottle. Be as well back at Man Utd. He doesn’t look interested.

Shouldn’t wear the jersey again imo

He squares it to Sakala, we win the game.

He chose personal glory instead.

Why the fvck he didn’t square it is beyond me

A lost wee boy.

He’s a fecking shitebag, and awful decision making.
Are you alright mate or what?

He really hasn't.
Wolves - He was
Ross county - He was
Annon - Didnt see, but the reports are that he was.

Even if the Annon reports arnt accurate, he was one of our best against Wolves and one of Rangers best against Ross county.

Awful, like everbody else, against Celtic.

Wolves - He was
Ross county - He was
Annon - Didnt see, but the reports are that he was.

Even if the Annon reports arnt accurate, he was one of our best against Wolves and one of Rangers best against Ross county.

Awful, like everbody else, against Celtic.
I disagree with you here,

And evidently GVB disagrees with you also.

Here are his involvements since coming on in 73rd minute. The negativity over his contribution is bizarre.

Some amount of involvement for 17 minutes. The best way to look at it would be...if he scores that goal, Rangers fans are raving about him saying that he changed the game and was so involved and dangerous. As it happened, he missed by a hair. Fine margins. Nothing wrong with the performance.

Some amount of involvement for 17 minutes. The best way to look at it would be...if he scores that goal, Rangers fans are raving about him saying that he changed the game and was so involved and dangerous. As it happened, he missed by a hair. Fine margins. Nothing wrong with the performance.

They are just having a tantrum because Celtic are 3 points clear.