75.png

Height: 173cm
Player Agent: AMS Consulting
Squad Number: #16
Position: Forward - Right Winger
Foot: Left
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Club Option 1 year​

Chance to stake a claim while Garnacho is recuperating from International tournament football. I'm guessing Antony was called up by Brazil as well?

Let's hope he stays fit

Chance to stake a claim while Garnacho is recuperating from International tournament football. I'm guessing Antony was called up by Brazil as well?

Let's hope he stays fit

The current Brazil team is terrible but not that terrible.

Being serious, we are supposedly telling interested parties that he is not for sale and looking to offer a new contract so we may see a lot of Amad in the upcoming season.

Let's hope he stays fit
Garnacho only played 60mins for Argentina and has not been selected for the Olympics. There's no concern of him being tired if I'm being honest.

Garnacho only played 60mins for Argentina and has not been selected for the Olympics. There's no concern of him being tired if I'm being honest.
Fair, will still get an extended holiday anyway

Fair, will still get an extended holiday anyway
Oh for sure he will, I expect Amad to start in our initial preseason games. Garnacho will get 2-3 weeks holiday. Probably report back in the first week of August.

He'd be wise to wait on signing a new deal until a few months into the season to see about match time, whilst from a club's perspective we need to get him tied down sooner than later.

Will be interesting to see how he’s used this season. Will we gamble on him as RW or is it going to be Rashford LW/Garnacho RW as first choice.

Although I’m not convinced he’s the answer, I’d rather we commit to him for 5-10 games or so RW.

Don't see him featuring much, Antony will probably get another chance to redeem himself on the RW, while as long as Rashford plays LW then Garnacho is first choice RW.
A lot depends if we're bringing in another striker or will we be moving Marcus around.

One of the few genuine ballers we have in the squad. He needs to play this season.

He is without a doubt a better player than Rashford or Garnacho, so there shouldn't even be a conversation of how he gets minutes. The question seems to be whether EtH will have learned from last season.

Hopefully he'll stay injury free as he always seems to get injured at the wrong times

He played a hell of a lot of ball for us last year though, and then went straight off to Argentina camp after the season finished.

I’d like to see him get a good break now, even if that means he’s not available or at peak fitness yet for the first few games of the season.

Amad and Rashford can fill in just fine.

One of the few genuine ballers we have in the squad. He needs to play this season.

He is without a doubt a better player than Rashford or Garnacho, so there shouldn't even be a conversation of how he gets minutes. The question seems to be whether EtH will have learned from last season.
Add Amad Diallo to the list of players that some people have a bizarre way of ridiculously overrating.

Needs a big season. He's 22 so he's at the stage where he either needs to break in to the first team or we cash in while has some value.

I like him as a player though so really hop it comes together.

What is bizarre ridiculous overrating and certainly done by a lot of people is thinking Rashford or Garnacho are better players or are deserving of a place before Amad.

It's not ridiculous because they are better than him and have proven so.

Amad looks talented and I hope he gets more chances next season, but to say he deserves to start ahead of those two is ridiculous. Ahead of Antony and what he's shown, then yeah I would definitely start Amad, but he has to do a lot more to oust Rashford and Garnacho.

It's not ridiculous because they are better than him and have proven so.

Amad looks talented and I hope he gets more chances next season, but to say he deserves to start ahead of those two is ridiculous. Ahead of Antony and what he's shown, then yeah I would definitely start Amad, but he has to do a lot more to oust Rashford and Garnacho.
All they have proven is that they are very streaky in their output and generally terrible decision makers. I can excuse that with Garnacho as kid, but definitely not Rashford.

Amad is better than both easily and you don't need a season of football to see that. From a team management perspective, EtH could be excused to have them ahead of him for one reason or another behind the scenes, especially given Amad started last season with an injury. This season however, it would be ridiculous.

Of course it is.
Yeah, sure it is.

Sure I saw something the other day, saying you had turned down a 30M bid for him and made it clear he wasn't for sale.

Soft on the outside, crunchy on the inside.

Amad isn't better than Rashford.

Amad's passing is better than Rashford.

Passing isn't the be all end all of football.

Dean Henderson is Amad FC, has him as the most underrated young player in the league.

Don't see him featuring much, Antony will probably get another chance to redeem himself on the RW, while as long as Rashford plays LW then Garnacho is first choice RW.
A lot depends if we're bringing in another striker or will we be moving Marcus around.
Ten Hag will have blood on his hands if he wastes another season of Amadinho.

When he was fit he was involved in a good number of games. Missing 25+ games with injury will always be replaced with the myth EtH played Antony over Amad.

If he stays fit and keeps scoring I have zero doubt Amad will play a big part in the season.

Like a few have mentioned, he should be able to get a jump on Garnacho at the start of the season and if Amad can contribute a combined 10-15 GA in 24/25 then it will be another young player that has improved greatly under EtH.

Exciting times!

Amad isn't better than Rashford.

Amad's passing is better than Rashford.

Passing isn't the be all end all of football.
Pfff, you must be having a laugh. Amad is better at passing, ball control, positioning, decision making. Even finishing is arguable given the repertoire Amad showed at Sunderland. The only attributes Rashford is better at is speed and shot power.

I see him as a long term replacement for Bruno. His best games at Sunderland was as a "10". A future midfield of Gore, Kobbie, Amad

I see him as a long term replacement for Bruno. His best games at Sunderland was as a "10". A future midfield of Gore, Kobbie, Amad
Gore isn’t up to it and will be playing c/ship if not league 1
Can’t see Diallo ever been a regular starter for us either. More like a squad player

I mean if that's the case might as well sack ETH now already, because under no circumstance should Antony be getting a 3rd season to "redeem himself" over one of our more promising young players.

Amad I expect to be first off the bench for winger rotation, and get opportunities to start as well.

I hope he reaches a new lebel this season, kinda like Garnacho did. Could be a truly exciting player

That is what I expect as well. He will be third choice on the right and might be second choice on the left but even then we are probably more likely to play Garnacho on the left if Rashford is out and Antony on the right.

I just don’t think ETH likes Amad all that much, might be the skills, might be the character but something seems off in that relationship. I think this will probably be his last season here if he does not get to play much as at 23 and with his contract coming to an end he will want to find somewhere he can play.

Expecting him to get 15 or so starts and similar number of impact sub appearances.

That is what I expect as well. He will be third choice on the right and might be second choice on the left but even then we are probably more likely to play Garnacho on the left if Rashford is out and Antony on the right.

I just don’t think ETH likes Amad all that much, might be the skills, might be the character but something seems off in that relationship. I think this will probably be his last season here if he does not get to play much as at 23 and with his contract coming to an end he will want to find somewhere he can play.

Expecting him to get 15 or so starts and similar number of impact sub appearances.

I agree that it's basically his last season to prove himself but disagree that Ten Hag won't play him. It seemed like we wanted a wide-creator from the RW. Quite a few rumors about our interest in Olise starting in Jan until the season ended. Given that didn't work out and we seemingly have no funds for another RW, I think we'll see Antony / Amad battle it out for the starting position on the right.

The only wildcard is the Zirkzee signing - we can run both the cut in and shoot merchants (Rashford LW, Garnacho RW) if he becomes the starter over Hojlund.

Either way I think he'll get plenty of game time.

Gore isn’t up to it and will be playing c/ship if not league 1
Can’t see Diallo ever been a regular starter for us either. More like a squad player

What is this based on?

I don't understand why people don't want to give Amad a chance. Antony got all the opportunity he needed. unless we buy a new RW who walks in, Amad should be higher than Antony in the pecking order, even Pellistri should be higher than Antony. But if Garnacho plays on the right, that's a different conversation, even then it is if Rashford turns up.