All ticket/travel information thread - 2011/12: Touting will not be tolerated

I need two tickets beside eachother for the Bolton game on Jan. 14th if anyone could help? Cheers :)

Im really torn on that apparently the club are really pissed off our fans have to pay more than others. On one hand why should fans of away teams have to pay over double what other fans do for essentially the same thing but then again why shouldnt clubs be able to charge more for when the big boys are in town which then would make it unfair if away fans were paying less than home fans and not be good PR.

Plus United are as bad.

The fairest thing would be a rule that away supporters tickets have to be the same price in both legs. E.g. Bolton charged us £28 so United have to give them seats at £28 for Old Trafford, QPR are charging £55 so we should charge them £55; and in reverse sides that play at OT first charge us whatever we charge them.

Right, I know this is a ludacrus ask but does anyone know of any way I could get hold of 5, yes five, tickets to Basel away?

We booked flights way back when the draw was made but didn't get tickets in the ballot.

I know its a huge long shot but if anyone could help with a potential way of getting hold of just one, two or however many it would be greatly appreaciated. We're going to fly out anyway to enjoy the atmosphere and a night out which hopefully means we may be able to pick something up out there, however unlikely it is.

Anyone ever lost an away ticket? My mate went and did so last night so we are seeing if we can get a duplicate or anything!

An away ticket for what?

Lost Everton last season, club arranged a duplicate to be collected at Goodison (it was for Magic United if I remember right). When duplicates aren't posssible, they're usually the game that the club ask you to pick up from the Ticket Office.

Whatever you do, blame the post, no yourself or your mate. The club are arsey like that, better to shift the blame onto them and say that it never arrived in the post.

It was a villa ticket.

Is that likely to lead to any problems if the original one is found and then attempted to be used?

Again, could anyone help me with two tickets at Home to Bolton on Jan. 14th? Would really appreciate it!

Anyone ever lost an away ticket? My mate went and did so last night so we are seeing if we can get a duplicate or anything!

An away ticket for what?

Lost Everton last season, club arranged a duplicate to be collected at Goodison (it was for Magic United if I remember right). When duplicates aren't posssible, they're usually the game that the club ask you to pick up from the Ticket Office.

Whatever you do, blame the post, no yourself or your mate. The club are arsey like that, better to shift the blame onto them and say that it never arrived in the post.

I have, twice actually - once through it never arriving in the post, and the second time through having my wallet pinched.

One of them was through an exec ticket (for Bolton this year) and they were as helpful as they could possibly be; issued duplicates and I was able to pick them up at the Reebok on the day of the game no problem.

Other time, on a normal ST, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do. No duplicates issued."

Joke or what.

I have, twice actually - once through it never arriving in the post, and the second time through having my wallet pinched.

One of them was through an exec ticket (for Bolton this year) and they were as helpful as they could possibly be; issued duplicates and I was able to pick them up at the Reebok on the day of the game no problem.

Other time, on a normal ST, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do. No duplicates issued."

Joke or what.

fecking wankers!

Talking of prices for away matches, interesting to see that the City tickets away at Arsenal in the Carling cup were a wonderful £10 each !!!

I am the same Ian, no success and that's with multiple applications, I would love to see a break down of where our tickets go, players, club officials and agencies, and a few to the fans !!

lads, ive a spare for palace on wednesday, 2 of us going, but we have 3 tickets. itss a strettie lower, will sell it for 20quid.

ill be at the game myself so can meet you before the game and will get the ticket once inside.

my main aim is to have the ticket swiped and used.

Hi guys. I've never been to Old Trafford and fancy going to a game in the new year. Just got a new job so I'll finally have a bit of money to go and see the team!

I'd be looking to go with my mate, with maybe a couple more going, but let's say just 2 of us for the sake of this post.

I have no idea whatsoever about how I should go about getting these tickets.. Should I sign up somewhere? Are tickets readily available? Where/when should I buy them? Some tips on do's and don't's when it comes to buying tickets?

Cheers.

Hi guys. I've never been to Old Trafford and fancy going to a game in the new year. Just got a new job so I'll finally have a bit of money to go and see the team!

I'd be looking to go with my mate, with maybe a couple more going, but let's say just 2 of us for the sake of this post.

I have no idea whatsoever about how I should go about getting these tickets.. Should I sign up somewhere? Are tickets readily available? Where/when should I buy them? Some tips on do's and don't's when it comes to buying tickets?

Cheers.

Depends on the games really. If you become a One United member for about 35pound a year, you can enter ballots or sometimes just buy 1 ticket per membership if it goes on general sale. Again it depends on the game and importance. Other than that just request a ticket in this thread. Some top blokes here and also in the newbs.

Still have a spare in W3104 for Wigan on Dec 26th if anyone wants it

I also need a pair for Liverpool in Feb if anyone is up for a swap:D might even throw in a 2nd Wigan ticket if your lucky

Have a pair spare for Villa tomorrow - anyone interested in a swap for a pair (or 1 plus face value) for QPR?

Please, swaps only. Have plenty that would buy.

Edit: Alternatively, would consider selling them with my season tickets for Wolves - as a I can't go.

2 in the Stretford End T1 (£37 each) + 2 for Villa (£45 each) = £161.

Can meet at ground tomorrow. PM if interested.

I am aware that this is a long shot, but I have a ticket in the family end for Basel on Wednesday night.

Anyone interested in swapping for the United end?

Don’t all laugh at once :)

I don't understand people laughing down ticket requests on here. There was a Chelsea away spare on here once. Maybe someone who can't make the Basle game has family in Basle and is willing to swap. You never know, you might just get lucky. Nothing wrong with trying your luck.

What I meant was a local Basle red. Stranger things have happened.

And do you laugh at people who buy lottery tickets?

Sure, people win the lottery too.

If I was trying the same I'd be offering something more, that's all I'm saying. A straight swap really is like hoping to win the lottery. Even a 2 for 1 would be a gigantic long shot.

And if you read my original post I did say I was aware this was a long shot. Just to clear it up for you I dont expect it to happen, but am I not allowed to try on the off chance??

Stop being a prick.

Lads, i realise this is a longshot but i really need 1 but preferably 2 tickets for the Liverpool home game in February. Its for my brothers 21st birthday and i've tried every contact i have but to no avail. If someone can assist then aswell as the ticket cost i can offer them first refusal on my season ticket for a champions league knockout game if thats any use (should we make it to that stage of course).