Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAQ's

Can Sanchez still play against Burnley?

No. Unless the deals already been completed and we've not been told, the deadline for him to be eligible was midday today.

How much are we paying him a week?

According to reliable sources, roughly £350k a week. There are also bonuses which some media are reporting as being part of his base salary. However.. nobody actually knows.

When will it be complete?

If first, when later. It looks like a certainty, but nobody actually knows. Most reliable outlets think it's likely to be a formality in the coming few days or week.

Whats the hold up?

Again, people the caf would trust above others say it's due to Myhi's contract negotiations, and his agent stalling to ensure deal gets over the line.. but ensuring the biggest wad of money possible going his way.

These probably resolve around 85% of posts in this thread - anymore needed? Or are we at this point surrendering and just going for volume of posts?

Nice one !

how is an agent supposedly deciding the deal, if his client wants the move? that doesn't make sense

Was just about to question the same logic. It would actually be a breach on his behalf if he stood in the way of his client's wishes to leave. After all, HM gets the final say whether he leaves or remains in some capacity be it in the reserves or otherwise.

You'd hope So, Jose has said time and again that when a player like this becomes available in January you have to take notice. That said Wenger has stopped the deal happening because of him not finding a replacement before, so no reason he wouldn't do it again.

At this point someone who doesn't want to see City lose a few is secretly a Pep lover. I was thrilled to see Pool do it. Would love to see anyone else do so too. Gives me peace at work for a week from the City fan (notice singular) if nothing else.

I hold the same view to be fair. Just on this occasion under these circumstances. Glad I didn't participate in that thread. Tag is awful.

Is tomorrow finally going to be the day?

The calm before the stormzy?

Fear and raiola delaying a deal

Our club is likely to be one of the biggest consumers of Raiola's clients in the future as well and will pay him well. He knows it and so won't do anything to jeopardize our deals.

Look how he is dealing with us despite SAF bad-mouthing him, and how he was careful to say that Mkhi's exit had nothing to do with Jose. He values our relationship as we are a steady stream of income for him.

You wanted them to deny us the league title by losing?

Yes, you sir are indeed mad.
Liverpool winning is never a medicine! It's more like some nasty twisted poison that makes you go blind.

If it wins us the league, then it's a nasty twisted poison that somehow cures that STD that I can tell had been bothering you.

Still feel bad for Mkhi and anyone who says anything bad against him is a wanker as far as I'm concerned.

He's been playing at a huge club, in the Champions League and he's no doubt very proud of that. It's a very public kick in the face to be booted out for a better model and I can't imagine it feels very nice. He's no doubt settled in the area, has a house he's made a home and made friends in the local area - he's having to uproot all that and start again. I expect he's also made friends around the club. Not just players but the whole United family.

He might not have set the pitch on fire recently but we shouldn't hold that against him, some people just don't have that extra something to make it at United and/or in a Mourinho team.

Best of luck to him at Arsenal. Hopefully he scores against all our rivals.
Well said,couldnt agree more.

Absolutely. If we had the best player in the world I wouldn't give two shits about finances as long as the club isn't fecking itself into oblivion. But it's still noteworthy as a laugh when you actually look at the financial side.
Yeah agreed. Which is why I don't have much of a problem, at least in isolation, that Sanchez will earn reportedly £350k a week. The other players at the club will also know that one of the big reasons why he's getting such a salary is to do with him running down his contract.

how is an agent supposedly deciding the deal, if his client wants the move? that doesn't make sense

Was just about to question the same logic. It would actually be a breach on his behalf if he stood in the way of his client's wishes to leave. After all, HM gets the final say whether he leaves or remains in some capacity be it in the reserves or otherwise.
Seeing as it's been reported that he was crying when he left I don't think that he wants to leave.

You wanted them to deny us the league title by losing?

Yes, you sir are indeed mad.

You know their own fans wanted them to lose that one?:lol:

We are 12 points behind and City lost their first game in the league. Denying us the league title :wenger: title is gone this season

Seeing as it's been reported that he was crying when he left I don't think that he wants to leave.

Pure paper talk. No proof. Or he just was sad about leaving like some people are on their last day somewhere. Besides he has the option not to leave despite not delivering and lack of performance for the majority of his time here if he wanted to stay that badly. An option most people don't have.

This is taking the Mikhi now (sorry) :P Monday has to be the day now surely with the weekend footy my patience isn't the best I was really hoping to have him for Burnley tomorrow he could of been the X factor

Does anyone have the original quotes where Raiola says that it was he who suggested the swap deal?

If they lose another 2 games quickly it's all on again.

Even if they lose another game before we do it'll make things interesting at least. They've got an interesting run coming up soon:

Burnley A
Leicester H
(Basel)
Arsenal A
Chelsea H
(Basel)

Yet Sanchez is in full training by the look of things, imagine if he plays tomorrow!

Surely this will be done today.
If he plays for Arsenal I would think it means the deal is no place close to being done or might even be off. Training is one thing, playing when a deal is close seems unlikely. But who knows.

Even if they lose another game before we do it'll make things interesting at least. They've got an interesting run coming up soon:

Burnley A
Leicester H
(Basel)
Arsenal A
Chelsea H
(Basel)
Totally. This is the time of the season that they imploded last season. I dont expect it to happen this season but just 2 losses would make a big difference.

We need to beat Burnley and Spurs though. We need Alexis for the Spurs game.

I wonder whats holding this up?
Both managers have confirmed it, that on its own is a big deal. I’m guessing Sanchez has agreed his personal terms, maybe it’s Miki digging in his feet to get a better deal and bonuses at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.