Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sickening. Nasty medicine doesn't do it justice, more like having all your limbs amputated.
Seeing that lot win is never a good thing, but the sheer schadenfreude of Liverpool beating a team to deny them the Title and also allowing United win it is an irony that would be the worst medicine they ever tasted.

I wonder whats holding this up?
Both managers have confirmed it, that on its own is a big deal. I’m guessing Sanchez has agreed his personal terms, maybe it’s Raiola digging in his feet to get a better deal and bonuses from Arsenal.
Fixed

If he plays for Arsenal I would think it means the deal is no place close to being done or might even be off. Training is one thing, playing when a deal is close seems unlikely. But who knows.
You've got to realise that the 'Arse' in Wenger's name is there for a reason.

Even if they lose another game before we do it'll make things interesting at least. They've got an interesting run coming up soon:

Burnley A
Leicester H
(Basel)
Arsenal A
Chelsea H
(Basel)
Even a couple of draws and it's game on. That's a very tough run of games. Add in the CL and you never know what can happen. We need to win every game from now until the end of the season with maybe the odd draw in there to catch them.

Even if they lose another game before we do it'll make things interesting at least. They've got an interesting run coming up soon:

Burnley A
Leicester H
(Basel)
Arsenal A
Chelsea H
(Basel)
Could very well lose 7 points during that run. Silva with family problems, no left-back available, Jesus not certain to return in time, players getting tired etc.

Burnley with an outside chance of an upset, but I'm going for a draw with Leicester after the way they outclassed Chelsea at the Bridge. They've got Vardy, Mahrez, Gray, Okazaki, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Ndidi etc - all great for pressing high up the pitch.

If Arse get Auba and Mkhi in form they could very well beat the Sheikhs, while Chelsea are out for revenge.

I wonder whats holding this up?
Both managers have confirmed it, that on its own is a big deal. I’m guessing Sanchez has agreed his personal terms, maybe it’s Miki digging in his feet to get a better deal and bonuses at Arsenal.

If I were in Mkhitaryan's shoes I'd want my agent to get the best possible deal for me. He's essentially being chucked out and I doubt he's too enamoured about Arsenal. But he's in a shitty situation where if he says no the whole thing collapses, the fans resent him and the manager doesn't play him again.

Burnley A
Leicester H
(Basel)
Arsenal A
Chelsea H
(Basel)
They will drop points for sure but our run is not easy too. Tottenham away. I hate that game

Who would have thought Mikhi would be sold for profit. Genius whoever pulled it.

That's been overlooked, and lets not forget that we got good fees for Schneiderlin & Depay too.

They will drop points for sure but our run is not easy too. Tottenham away. I hate that game

It's at Wembley now so some of that edge is lost. Lingard will also obviously score a couple.

I hold the same view to be fair. Just on this occasion under these circumstances. Glad I didn't participate in that thread. Tag is awful.

Is tomorrow finally going to be the day?

The calm before the stormzy?
I personally doubt they'd announce in the same day as a match, I doubt Jose would be impressed. And everyone hung over in a Sunday so no attention. I'd bet Monday now.

Agent P strikes again!
0fVDrFx.png

Really hope he's not in their squad tomorrow.
If this is sorted and there are just technicalities left, surely we'd have made sure they weren't going to play him. That said, if he does, that's possibly not a good sign unless he scores a couple of own goals then celebrates by staring deadly at Wenger.

Also feck this tag!

Do people realise that if United fans stopped clicking on stupid, rancid, clickbait hatchetjobs like this, they would stop generating money for rags like this and clowns like him would stop getting paid for writing absolute shite?

Don't click on a link with the Sun, the Mail, the Mirror or any other of these idiots in the title. Switch offer when Guillem Ballache comes on Sky Sports News. Don't follow idiots on twitter.

United have more fans than anyone else in football. If we stop giving oxygen to these morons it will be felt and it will stop.

The impact this would have, given hundred of millions of united fans around the world would be amazing. If only people would do this. Not just for sports as well... in general... the “journalists” spouting such propaganda, hatred and pure vile would fade away if they didn’t get the hits.

Anyway, been watching this thread for the past few days. Just as I do with almost all transfers. It’s good fun reading the ups and downs, the tantrums, the thrills when someone slightly farts on Twitter and links get posted here!! Kudos to everyone who stays the course and adds to these threads... I can never be more than a silent muppet. You guys and gals are far stronger than us lurkers. Keep it up!

As for the transfer... dayumm! Can’t eait for it to complete.

That Ashton article had me rubbing my eyes in disbelief at what I had just read, I feel embarrassed for the guy, but there must be something else going on here with him and the majority of the press, it's like they're all trying to score brownie points as to who can belittle the deal the most, it makes you wonder as to why..

Maybe some can fill me in with more information but when United was winning league after league I don't remember us being lauded so much in the media. Of course there were positive articles but always got the sense some of them, many, just can't wait for us too fall. It was always they're done, they're in decline, Fergie is retiring and whatnot. I mean maybe it was cause it was boring after a while cause we were so good and always on top.

This salivating over City and Pep is disgusting. I mean ok, people are enjoying good football they produce and they're having freakingly good season but media acts like United has suddenly, over night, become some no name midtable club which can offer only money to wc players and has no right to meddle into mighty City business. Not to mention saying Alexis has chosen us just for the money unlike poor City which doesnt have it and if they do it certainly not some oil money.

Quoting his price with wages is mental. Never seen anything like it.

the best part of the article is still that he claims that Pep had an agreement with Alexis in September (which would have to be considered tapping up, yes?) and then talks about morals.

the media coverage of this transfer has been astonishing. Some bitterness is to be expected from parts of the media, but I struggle to think of another transfer in recent history that has made so many "journalists" and "experts" that salty.

Maybe some can fill me in with more information but when United was winning league after league I don't remember us being lauded so much in the media. Of course there were positive articles but always got the sense some of them, many, just can't wait for us too fall. It was always they're done, they're in decline, Fergie is retiring and whatnot. I mean maybe it was cause it was boring after a while cause we were so good and always on top.

This salivating over City and Pep is disgusting. I mean ok, people are enjoying good football they produce and they're having freakingly good season but media acts like United has suddenly, over night, become some no name midtable club which can offer only money to wc players and has no right to meddle into mighty City business. Not to mention saying Alexis has chosen us just for the money unlike poor City which doesnt have it and if they do it certainly not some oil money.

I agree with this, it really is pretty disturbing actually. People will claim it's RAWKish or whatever but it's really not. It is as clear as day that there is a strong agenda against us and it really has intensified with this Alexis deal.

It's a really strange going on, they've gone so over the top with it that it is ringing alarm bells as to what is actually going on now.

I have pretty much managed to steer clear of transfer sagas after the Pogba thread. But feck it. This one has drawn me in.

I have pretty much managed to steer clear of transfer sagas after the Pogba thread. But feck it. This one has drawn me in.

At least January window ones have the relief of games in between! The summer is one barren place!

Pretty sure Wenger is acting all stingy right now, just to drag these negotiations a bit further. He may be trying to get Auba and Mkhi on the same day so as to avoid abuses being hurled at them

How about this for lyrics for a Sanchez song red hot Chile Sanchez just need a tune and more lyrics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.