Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So his agent is makng it known that he's close with United, albeit Sanchez, if multiple reports are to be believed, wants to play for City and Pep. Yeah....can't imagine how thi$ on€ £nds.

Think your keyboard might be broken.

He might be right but he's just quoting the thoughts in his head. Calls to mind that post on the caf last year (?) by the ex-football journalist who said nowadays members of his former profession type up guesswork because they don't have access to players and haven't got a fecking scooby. plus John Cross's voice instantly subtracts credibility from his opinions, voice like a friendless radio traffic reporter.

I always tell myself I won't get sucked in and it never works, looks like I'm going to have to set up camp on this page

Never going to understand people who would prefer Ozil over Sanchez. One is absolutely world class while the other disappears at the first sign of trouble. Not that ozil isnt a good player, just that Sanchez is exactly the player Utd have been crying out for, for a very long time.

Lots of reports saying he wants to play for Pep.. I hope the agent is not using us to get good contract terms..

Would be a great signing but not getting my hopes up..
Dani Alves only wanted to play for Pep, until PSG came along.

He might be right but he's just quoting the thoughts in his head. Calls to mind that post on the caf last year (?) by the ex-football journalist who said nowadays members of his former profession type up guesswork because they don't have access to players and haven't got a fecking scooby. plus John Cross's voice instantly subtracts credibility from his opinions, voice like a friendless radio traffic reporter.

:lol: I thought it was a video of the late Keith Chegwin discussing the latest news on Sanchez, which to be fair would have been a hell of a turn up.

As for the saga itself, I'm trying not to get excited because I don't see us drawing Sanchez in ahead of Guardiola's City.

The British journos are going by past briefings from City. The Italian media and di Marzio are going by agent connections. Will see who's right soon enough.

Di Marzio is so focused on giving us hope so that the shock will be even stronger.

Maybe a stupid question but other than being his former manager, are there any quotes (since they went separate ways) to suggest Sanchez has a semi for Pep?

The derby will definitely be a much more enjoyable experience if we were to steal Sanchez from City. Still not hopeful though. Given his wage demands, I think he's more likely using us to force their hand.

You can get 4/5 on him joining City now. Might lump a bit on that. Don't think it's gonna get much better.

Never going to understand people who would prefer Ozil over Sanchez. One is absolutely world class while the other disappears at the first sign of trouble. Not that ozil isnt a good player, just that Sanchez is exactly the player Utd have been crying out for, for a very long time.

It's pretty subjective and they're entirely different players. Ozil is unquestionably a world class player in terms of technique - Very few can do what he does and statistically he's among the most consistent creators in world football. I think his issues of going missing are pretty overstated and simply a result of playing for a mediocre side. He's not the only one who's struggled at times for Arsenal but always the first to be highlighted.

Sanchez's style will always see him more involved but he's prone to the odd shocker as well where he may not "go missing" but will be incredibly wasteful. Most Arsenal fans I know have been more keen to secure Ozil for a while, although that may be them being resigned to losing Sanchez. Either would improve us instantly.

Worth noting that, even if we do manage to convince Sanchez to choose us over City, we'd still be reliant on Arsenal signing someone for them to agree to this move. Relying on Arsenal being active in the transfer market is what Arsenal fans have been doing for over 10 years now. Look where its's got them.

We can give them Mkhitaryan. Would be the best solution for all parties.

How much do City actually want him? They are absolutely stacked for forward players and he'd be rotated a fair bit. I know they are oil rich but will they pay over the odds in fee and wages if they really don't need the player.

I would be in full muppet mode if we bought him. I wanted him since he was available from Barcelona, I can still not understand how Arsenal managed to buy him with no rival bids from any of the big clubs. He is exactly what we need right now.

I would be gutted if he moved to City. As if they need any more forwards anyway.

How much do City actually want him? They are absolutely stacked for forward players and he'd be rotated a fair bit. I know they are oil rich but will they pay over the odds in fee and wages if they really don't need the player.

He'd defo get WAY more game time here.

Unless Guardiola has promised him the CF role, which he may have done.

Yeah, I'm going with this...

We're being sucked in lads, he's going to City, he's always been going to City.

This suits Arse (get more money) and suits Sanchez (needs more interest to get same terms he'd agreed with City when he was coming on a free).

We're being strung along.
Whilst you might be right, don't listen to John Cross. 99% of his tweets and articles are opinion pieces. He's absolutely clueless when it comes to transfers.

I think with the injury to Jesus they will, they aren't exactly stacked centrally in the forward department.

I read that Arsenal are now favourites for Malcolm.

Jose was apparently very interested in Malcom, so is it possible that he agreed to let Arsene have a free run at signing him, if we get Sanchez?

Wild theory, I know.
Was thinking same but that'd depend on Sanchez wanting to come here.

Whilst you might be right, don't listen to John Cross. 99% of his tweets and articles are opinion pieces. He's absolutely clueless when it comes to transfers.

Well, I hope he's wrong on this one.

I think what he's saying makes it so obvious though.

We're being used by Arse and Sanchez to get more money, where without our interest they'd have no leverage at all.

Yeah, I'm going with this...

We're being sucked in lads, he's going to City, he's always been going to City.

This suits Arse (get more money) and suits Sanchez (needs more interest to get same terms he'd agreed with City when he was coming on a free).

We're being strung along.

And you don't think United have considered that? Woodward has had his fair share of this stuff - Ramos, Ronaldo et al. What's clear is that our interest is genuine, otherwise all it'd take is a single line press briefing on our part to deny the rumours. Woodward/Mourinho clearly think their is enough substance in pursuing a deal.

Manchester United used to be listed as his favourite club on Football Manager when he was playing in Italy :D

I did that bet on Skybet recently that refunded the tenner as cash, so I had a tenner sitting in my account. Just put £1.54 on Sanchez staying at Arsenal which will return my tenner if he stays, and the rest on him joining City.

If he joins us - happy days. I won't care about losing a tenner with a signing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.