Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get over the fact this is going to be a swap deal when it goes through. Insanely good deal for us :drool::devil:
Dont understand people repeating this. We arent giving them bebe! they are getting Mkhi for 35 million while on other hand unknown talents like malcom go for 40-50 million. Also they are getting 35 million for sanchez whose contract is up in 6 months. Its a good deal for both parties.

in all fairness all transfer seem to take ages, pretty much every transfer not done on transfer deadline day seems to be... this person is gonna sign in the next 24 hours then two weeks later where still waiting.
This might also become more/is this messy, because of the Aubameyang/Mkhitaryan connection. Maybe neither wants to go to Arsenal, unless the other one has an agreement. And Dortmund probably could not care less about United/Sanchez/Mkhitaryan. Might only encourage them to take a harder stance on the fee.

Dont understand people repeating this. We arent giving them bebe! they are getting Mkhi for 35 million while on other hand unknown talents like malcom go for 40-50 million. Also they are getting 35 million for sanchez whose contract is up in 6 months. Its a good deal for both parties.

True but considering they're the same age, there is a huge gap in quality between the two. If Sanchez had more than 6 months left, Arsenal would not even entertain this offer. We are just fortunate to be on the opposite side in this deal.

I've been through some sagas in the transfer forum but the mkhi aspect adds so much extra banter and discussion. Thoroughly enjoyable :lol:

Nah. Mkhitaryan won’t get a move to any big 6 side other than Arsenal. That means he probably gets one shot at a massive salary like this, without going to China. He’s not going to be that daft (nor, for all his posturing, is Raiola, as there’s no way he’ll choose this particular hill to die on). We’ll subsidise it and he’ll be eased out the door as comfortably as he’s been eased out of challenges the last 18 months. Either way the end result will probably be tears.

Nah. Mkhitaryan won’t get a move to any big 6 side other than Arsenal. That means he probably gets one shot at a massive salary like this, without going to China. He’s not going to be that daft (nor, for all his posturing, is Raiola, as there’s no way he’ll choose this particular hill to die on). We’ll subsidise it and he’ll be eased out the door as comfortably as he’s been eased out of challenges the last 18 months. Either way the end result will probably be tears.

I think Klopp would take him but only because they have history.

in all fairness all transfer seem to take ages, pretty much every transfer not done on transfer deadline day seems to be... this person is gonna sign in the next 24 hours then two weeks later where still waiting.

I know, they all seem to drag on these days, but guess it's too much to ask that they're all Chicharito, Bailly type transfers, done and dusted before the press even have an inkling anything is happening.

I know we aren't, and that is not what I am implying. I am simply implying that for Manchester United, it is a brilliant deal because we are getting rid of a player who just has not cut it here and replacing them with a brilliant player, one of the best in the league who will fit our team to a T. Arsenal are getting a good deal indeed, but I could care less about how they perceive the deal and I am only interested in the fact it is such a good deal for ourselves.

Monetary value or a player's cost had nothing to do with what I was meaning.

Casillero del Diablo would chip in for Sanchez' salary. Perfect fit -- Chilean player, Chilean wine, and the red devils.

Bring out a new wine, Casillero del Diablo Rojo and we are set.

True but considering they're the same age, there is a huge gap in quality between the two. If Sanchez had more than 6 months left, Arsenal would not even entertain this offer. We are just fortunate to be on the opposite side in this deal.
That is what makes this deal work, arse think they got a player for a player they would have to be released, while united get a player who might suit them better.
Mkhi isnt that bad, he might fit in better at arse and have a great year next season.

Casillero del Diablo would chip in for Sanchez' salary. Perfect fit -- Chilean player, Chilean wine, and the red devils.

Bring out a new wine, Casillero del Diablo Rojo and we are set.

This could also be our announcement video for Sanchez :D

Replace Giggs, Rooney and Evra with Lingard, Martial and Pogba and have Sanchez emerge from the explosion.

Is it just me being a Utd fan, and only really paying attention to our transfers, or do we seem to take forever to get a transfer wrapped up? All other clubs seem to do it in a couple of days, yet our whole process just seems so long.

It’s something to do with us still using a semophore since our fax machine broke during the De Gea to Real saga

Around that period the journalists completely made stuff up about us. Nobody knew what was happening with our transfers and we did very little business anyway.
The reason I found that article was because I was looking for a quote from Fergie where he says he tried to get Alexis Sanchez but he chose Barca instead. I’ve certainly seen Fergie mention this previously, it’s just as soon as you type in Alexis, United, and Fergie in any order all you get are updates on the current situation.

It should be more widely known that Lukaku has 1 interception? No one gives a feck about how many interceptions a striker makes.
It’s not an either or situation. You can contribute defensively without blunting your offensive efforts.

It’s not an either or situation. You can contribute defensively without blunting your offensive efforts.

The point is the number of interceptions for a striker is not something which should be 'more widely known'. Also, your original point about him being 'lazy' is just wrong. He works very hard for the team.

I am really hoping this Mkhitaryan situation - in particular the abuse he is getting on Twitter - doesnt make future talent think twice about a move here.

Yeah Mkhi has shown glimpses of brilliance but also has been missing an awful lot but as others have pointed out he was a big part in our success in the EL last year and for me it feels that because Sanchez has become available he has now become merely a pawn for us :( I would just hope other players wont look at this and doubt us.

Unrelated to the transfer but his likeness to David Schwimmer is uncanny. :eek:

if twitter abuse or reaction was a criteria for player's moving or not moving to us then no player should play for real.Madrid considering how many of their twitter fans are ungrateful. Also, I think the club will never treat mkhi like shit, point is he will not get much game time so he has to make a decision.

The reason I found that article was because I was looking for a quote from Fergie where he says he tried to get Alexis Sanchez but he chose Barca instead. I’ve certainly seen Fergie mention this previously, it’s just as soon as you type in Alexis, United, and Fergie in any order all you get are updates on the current situation.
Go to google

Use this in the search

site:www.redcafe.net/forums your-search-key-words

Under the search box on the right next to settings, click tools --> look to the left under the search box --> Click 'Any time' , then click 'Custom range..'

Now to hack redcafe for insulting my intelligence !

Translation: ‎Alexis ⁧‫#مانشستر_يونايتد‬⁩ mkhtarian ⁧‫#أرسنال‬⁩ ✅ is almost a done deal and will make sure both clubs to complete the registration process by the middle of Friday to include players in the next round of selection ⁧‫#البريميرليغ‬⁩. waiting for the official announcement!

Bein Sports.

Why would Arsenal want Mkhitaryan? I thought Wenger and Arsenal had a good eye for talent.

If only we could cherry-pick whoever and whenever from our domestic league like the wonderful Bayern.

Give me anything people. Truth, rumours, hastily concocted half-truths, obviously obvious lies... ANYTHING!
Calm down. Have a pill. Patience.

Is it not possible for us to contact Sanchez's barber? Perhaps he may have some inside info?
That stage already, huh. Ok. What about his dog walker?

On the plus side i start work at Manchester Airport next week so i could be lucky in seeing him :)
It might be too late next week! Can you start working today? Unpayed, of course. It will also give your employer a hint what kind of great employe he is getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.