Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do arsenal insist on getting mkhi and not just take 30 million, they screwed up during the summer not taking 60 million for him as they wanted sterling thrown in but keeping hold of sanchez hasn't done sod all for their top 4 chances so far this season and very much doubt them being stubborn once again and keeping sanchez for the rest of the season will have much of a positive impact on their top 4 chances seeing as sanchez's is not going to break sweat for arsenal with his heart not in it and to make sure he's injury free for the world cup and his mind already set on his next move.

Erm, Chile didn't qualify.

No, they're exchanging a player they'll lose in a few months for an out of favour (here with Mourinho, but who could very well excel there with Wenger), Mkhitaryan.

Or you could argue they trade one player that does not want to play for Arsenal for another player that does not want to play for Arsenal. Congrats you gave Alexis a contract extension.

why do arsenal insist on getting mkhi and not just take 30 million, they screwed up during the summer not taking 60 million for him as they wanted sterling thrown in but keeping hold of sanchez hasn't done sod all for their top 4 chances so far this season and very much doubt them being stubborn once again and keeping sanchez for the rest of the season will have much of a positive impact on their top 4 chances seeing as sanchez's is not going to break sweat for arsenal with his heart not in it and to make sure he's injury free for the world cup and his mind already set on his next move.

Alexis has been a little disappointing this season but the problem could be (in part) that Chile didn’t qualify for the World Cup. Who knows what effect it had but we know that his national team is very important to him. Keeping him was always a gamble but if Chile had qualified it might have come off.

Please, please reject us Mkhi.

I'm not sure if our players really hate Sanchez. Similar stories come out whenever a high profile player is about to leave or left. RVP was captain fantastic when he was with us, all the players loved him and Mrs. Van Persie organized social gatherings for everyone. The second he wants to leave, we hear stories about fights with Ramsey and Walcott. He's a bad influence on the younger players, the whole works. Same with Alex Song who supposedly got into a fight with Steve Bould in the season.

I'm not saying that those type of things don't happen. If they are true I think they are 1. Exaggerated and 2. Leaked quite deliberately around the time of a transfer to get the fans onside.

At this stage it just reeks of club propaganda. Also why would they hate Sanchez for leaving when half of them have one foot out the door as well?

Moreover these guys are professionals and know having a quality player like Sanchez in the team will only help them win.

Ignore this guy, Mkhi. London is wonderful. In fact, it's sunny here. Probably raining like crap in rubbish Manchester.

Or you could argue they trade one player that does not want to play for Arsenal for another player that does not want to play for Arsenal. Congrats you gave Alexis a contract extension.
I'm convinced Mkhitaryan won't mind playing for Arsenal and Wenger and their type of football favours him. He might be worried if they don't get more good players, but if he even gets a raise…

And do you think that he can play calmly in front of the OT ground from now on!?

If he's intelligent he's got to chose his ONLY way out.

I'm sorry for him.
Not me. He’s had chance after chance. FFS, Shaw was being pilloried on here for having s serious injury. Why is Mkhi getting the sympathy vote

Never liked Mkhitarayan as a player here tbh,since day 1 really...always felt he was in the Di Maria mould that hed buckle with a little criticism and pressure. hes not the sort of character in a player that appeals to me.
Anyway youd have to feel sorry for him he's been basically forced into a situation where he can either go somewhere he probably has no interest in being part of a rebuilding job or stay and be lauded here as not only a major failure as a signing but the sole reason we couldn't get a top 5 player in the league.
Wages and all aside its a pretty sh1t situation to be in

About time that Chilean media got properly involved. We've missed ya.

More than anything they want their player to be winning. They've been urging him to move from Arsenal and we could get the same treatment soon if we don't win the PL or CL soon. He's already wasted years at Arsenal.

If Raiola proposed the idea, which he may have considering Mikhitaryan is out of favour and his client, then I see no reason why this won't go through. It's their idea so the obviously want the move.

Just read some quotes from Mikhitaryan from 2009 saying Arsenal are his team and he wants to play for them one day.

It'll happen.

The picture of Ed :lol: Is that a selfie with a fan?

edsync.jpg

Mkhi's training today according to MEN - so probably best not to expect any news too soon.
Why not? If I remember correctly, when we signed RvP, he was pulled from a training session. Plus it'll be his agent doing the negotiating. Mourinho would likely have him do light training to make sure he doesn't get injured

If we do get him, it'll a statement of intent by us. I didn't think this time last week that we would be talking about him potentially joining us.

Last edited by a moderator:
People feel sorry for Mkhi? Arsenal is a great option for him, would he rather be approached by 2nd or 3rd tier German clubs in the summer? Because we sure would look to sell him

Is Mkhi to Arsenal a more natural fit than Sanchez to us?
Depends on the support he gets at Arsenal. I feel we have the more well rounded and suited players to Sanchez's style whereas at Arsenal, with the exception of Ozil, I'm not sure who else complements Mkhi well. Auba coming in might change that though. Not a huge fan of Lacazette and I haven't watched enough of the likes of Iwobi to really add more.

I've often wondered why there aren't more swap deals, not so much now....
in all fairness all transfer seem to take ages, pretty much every transfer not done on transfer deadline day seems to be... this person is gonna sign in the next 24 hours then two weeks later where still waiting.

Can't remember the last time a swap deal happened. Ashley Cole and Gallas? Even back then Arsenal got mugged off.
Best trade deal ever if Lord Woody pulls this one off.

If Raiola proposed the idea, which he may have considering Mikhitaryan is out of favour and his client, then I see no reason why this won't go through. It's their idea so the obviously want the move.

I agree. And they're not stupid enough to think Arsenal would just make him their highest paid player without argument. They're just playing hard-ball atm, trying to squeeze as much as they can.

TBF, if you'd asked Arsenal 18 months ago if they'd sign him on a free (which he effectively is, given that Sanchez will go for nothing in 6 months if this doesn't happen) on higher wages than anybody else in their squad, they'd have happily done so. I know he's not had a great time since, but he's still the same guy! I reckon he can expect to be right up there amongst their best paid.

Can't remember the last time a swap deal happened. Ashley Cole and Gallas? Even back then Arsenal got mugged off.
Best trade deal ever if Lord Woody pulls this one off.

We damn nearly had one for De Gea and Navas!

From Chile: Sanchez urged to sign for Manchester United – ‘Alexis, go with Mou’ for revolution
Sport Witness Team17th January 2018
Even the Chilean press have had enough. La Tercera start an article today with: ‘Chapter 4.825 of a series that becomes tedious: where will Alexis Sanchez play?’

If it’s up to Rodrigo Sepulveda, a journalist with the Chilean newspaper, it’ll be Manchester United.

In an open letter to the Arsenal player, Sepulveda urges him to sign for Jose Mourinho, explaining why it’s the right choice to make right now.

La Tercera title the article ‘Alexis, go with Mou’, and Sepulveda explains: ‘Leave the passivity and seek the madness. Get out of Wenger’s mind and go for genius. Leave the “professor”, the “economist”, and go for originality. You already went through Pep, he already directed you, now there’s dreams of Jose’s revolution.

‘The Special One can transform you. Superb, presumptuous, insolent, but a tremendous coach. Alexis, go ahead and win.’

The Chilean journalist watched Manchester United’s 3-0 victory over Stoke City on Monday and imagined where Sanchez would fit in, clearly excited by the possibilities on offer for the national hero.

Sepulveda insists Sanchez shouldn’t decide his next destination on money alone, and put forward a strong case for Manchester United: ‘You have Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City at your feet. All huge powers and celebrated worldwide. Where should you go? If I were your advisor, I would say: go to United and choose the number 7 shirt. That number that’s been so successful for the Red Devils: Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, George Best and Bryan Robson. They’re second in the Premier League, one of the largest teams in the history of world football.

‘City is powerful economically today, but the legend is United.’

Rodrigo Sepulveda should be popular among Manchester United fans, then.
Lord I really dislike journalists but I'm making an exception for Mr Sepulveda after this legendary quote:drool:

I usually just put my username on the side so it doesn't interfere with viewing the GIF but it's easy to crop it out. I don't mind if they just share them without cropping my username out.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread, back to muppeting :D
This may sound OTT but you should add your name on the t-shirt of the manatory Jones appearance in each video. It wouldn’t interfere with the viewing and would actually be pretty funny. Almost like Jones is being endorsed by you to turn up.

Is it just me being a Utd fan, and only really paying attention to our transfers, or do we seem to take forever to get a transfer wrapped up? All other clubs seem to do it in a couple of days, yet our whole process just seems so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.