Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ornstein has also stated that he believes the deal would be a straight swap.

That's actually quite mad.

Me. Every time someone posts a fake tweet, the thread needs to be locked for cleanup as it gets 20+ replies in a matter of minutes. If people took more care in seeing that what they posted is from someone genuine and not someone masquerading as a BBC reporter there wouldn't be any issues.
No worries, thanks for the hard work.

I just seen the locked sign and thought it was done whilst refreshing.

Then you have Malcom, a 19 year old Brazilian, who was an instant smash hit in France without speaking the language (I assume), whose already allegedly learning English, which speaks for his attitude, eagerness and long-term career planning, who´ll probably cost like half in wages.

Makes no sense to me.
The huge issue with Malcom is Bordeaux don't want him to leave in January (if they do sell Malcom they want him back on loan for the remainder of the season) and Arsenal want someone straight away.

I have no idea what Arsenal are thinking with this whole saga.

Klopp has one simple rule: Only sign players that really want to play for your team and are not purely motivated by money.

Now I´m not saying there are not players that will move for money and still do an excellent job, because they are true stone cold professional. There are many of those. But there are also other personalities (it´s human nature and life) and from everything we know Mkhitaryan is such a sensitive high maintenance player (like AdM was).

So what do Arsenal think, they´ll be getting, if he won´t commit, unless they pay him outrageously high wages?

Then you have Malcom, a 19 year old Brazilian, who was an instant smash hit in France without speaking the language (I assume), whose already allegedly learning English, which speaks for his attitude, eagerness and long-term career planning, who´ll probably cost like half in wages.

Makes no sense to me.

He also has a second rule: If you find yourself in a cup final, don't turn up.

In all seriousness, Klopp kept Coutinho who clearly wanted to leave in the summer. He would have kept a productive but unhappy Coutinho forever.

Ornstein has also stated that he believes the deal would be a straight swap.

That's actually quite mad.

The media are starting to try and drum up the interest in the opinion that this is a great deal for Arsenal. :D

Mkhi being "younger" (by a month!) and that Sanchez's real footballing age is "35". :wenger:

Reactions: SteveJ
The huge issue with Malcom is Bordeaux don't want him to leave in January (if they do sell Malcom they want him back on loan for the remainder of the season) and Arsenal want someone straight away.
Didn't Malcom travel to London? Is it either Mhiki or Malcom for Arsenal?

If it's a straight swap then all the talk about how much he will cost the club will be nonsense isn't it? At max only difference to the club would be increasing a player wage from 150K-180K to 300K-350K, that's around 9 Million per year and also agent fee.

Well that's not looking good IMO, Mikhitaryan won't go easy on this, and again the question is, is that the only offer on the table to get Alexis? I mean if Mikhitaryan doesn't want this transfer and trying to play the hard ball or so? Really can't believe it's down to Mikhitaryan now after that chase from City!

It can be both as Ozil is still likely to leave and their other wide options are pretty crap (Iwobi and Welbeck). Malcom's representatives have been in London but not sure about the player himself.

From what I've followed I thought Malcom might need to be signed now but joins next season as the President is unwilling to let him leave early? I took for our context at least that he needs Mkhi and Aubameyang before letting Sanchez go..

He also has a second rule: If you find yourself in a cup final, don't turn up.

In all seriousness, Klopp kept Coutinho who clearly wanted to leave in the summer. He would have kept a productive but unhappy Coutinho forever.

Yeah for half a season till he could assess the whole squad better, and then he let him go. The circumstances last summer were different: Uncertainty of Salah and Ox performance level, and a fresh Lallana injury. He didn´t dig his heels in this time around, although it´s not a great time to sell one of your best players in January, when you really don´t have to.

Most importantly this is not about selling an unhappy player a few years into his tenure. This is about buying one that you already know is not happy and a difficult character on top of it.

Well that's not looking good IMO, Mikhitaryan won't go easy on this, and again the question is, is that the only offer on the table to get Alexis? I mean if Mikhitaryan doesn't want this transfer and trying to play the hard ball or so? Really can't believe it's down to Mikhitaryan now after that chase from City!
The thing is, Raiola has already said this is a game time issue for Mkhi... no personal problems with Mourinho etc.

He'll know that if he stays his game time will be severely limited. At Arsenal he will get games no problem, depending on form

He's mentally fragile and knows he isn't wanted at the club, he wont be staying. This will be Raiola wringing the clubs for all he can

What I loved about Van Persie was that he had the same arrogance as us to boil the piss of Arsenal fans.

morgan-tweet.png

I don't think Arsenal can afford to hold on to Sanchez till his contract expires either way. We will get him I think, even if it takes a cash offer on the last days.

Fans that are dissing Mikhitaryan because they want Sanchez to come are disgraceful. And you expect loyalty from players.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can somehow nab Sanchez and then Ozil without giving Arsenal a penny, there is a chance that Piers Morgan spontaneously combusts.
Then this must be completed.
If Mkhi is as bad for Arsenal as he has been for us in a straight swap for Sanchez on the wages being quoted it will be the worst bit of transfer business in Arsenal's history. I'm only slightly uneasy because the longer this repellant looking agent takes to finalize this deal the more time Arsenal have for second thoughts.

imo we should move Mkhitaryan in a separate deal - no need for Raiola involved at the moment. Lets get our man in first.

Give Arsenal the cash for Sanchez and get it done! Move Mkhitaryan later.

I feel bad for Miki although I tend to feel bad for people in general. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Last edited:
Raiola is simply a bitch to work with. I was convinced it was on before it was apparent he's involved. If Mkhi is the only thing they're accepting, not straight cash, I don't see this happening.

I feel bad for Miki although I tend to feel bad for people. Wasn't meant to be I guess.
From the perspective of dreams unmade and life disappointment I can sympathise with the guy as he leaves Utd unwanted and heads to what I think will be failure at Arsenal. But as one possibly embittered half of a negotiating team stalling on a deal where he demands 200k a week for kicking a bag of wind about my heart is a black stone.

Raiola is simply a bitch to work with. I was convinced it was on before it was apparent he's involved. If Mkhi is the only thing they're accepting, not straight cash, I don't see this happening.

Raiola was telling everyone that would listen this morning that he proposed the move 6 weeks ago. If a players agent is suggesting that a club should offer his client to another club it seems, at best, slightly odd to believe that that player would have no interest in the move.

All those blaming Mhki needs to calm down. This is all Raiola doing, he will try to make as much money possible for himself and his client like he always does. It's all good when you're dealing with him and have a straightforward common interest. Things like throwing chairs than look funny and great. But, when you're on the other side, it can turn ugly. Fortunately for us, Mhki going away looks inevitable. It's just that it will probably take some time.

Why don't you see it happening?

Raiola will accept nothing but the best terms for his client and himself and Arsenal aren't exactly a club notorious for indulging. I think this will go on for a long time, only for both players to end up staying where they are. Unless Arsenal accept a straight cash offer, which seems unlikely as they seemingly only want to do business if they have a replacement.

Then again, I've been wrong constantly about this saga, so feck if I know anything. I'm just a random idiot.

What a unique situation this is, can’t think of another quite like it. Those expecting fans not to be frustrated with Mhkitaryan if he is making a fuss are living in a dreamland.

As I see it he is coming

It's just whether it's a swap for Mikhi or 35m (ish) I suspect Mikhi will make it work as he knows he not wanted

Feck Raiola for allowing this to drag on. Sanchez and his agent sorted their side out ages ago and now he's messing around trying to extract every little penny he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.