Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find any other pictures of him with the exact same expression. I googled 'alexis sanchez portrait'. To me it looks very real.

If he's earning a good £50k a week more here he might not give 2 fecks.

Thats over £5m of potential wages lost, he isn't going to settle for less than what he's on.

Playing time should be his highest priority imo. He is at an age where you have to play. If he just wants to sit on the bench at United because he can earn a bit more money than he is just a mercenary and nothing more. Should look for a transfer to a Chinese club if he is that kind of player.

Mikhi will leave. He's smart enough to know the atmosphere around him in the club will be unbearable if he fecked up this move. He'll never play again for us and will be hated by the fans then end up getting sold in summer to a club even worse than Arsenal. He's smart enough to know all that.

He's just trying to get the best deal financially for himself. Everything will be fine.

The club can't force him out - he can still refuse to go to a team that the club agrees a fee with. The worst that the club can do is not play him in any game and let him rot on the bench/in the reserves.

Do we know how many years are left in his current contract?

Playing time should be his highest priority imo. He is at an age where you have to play. If he just wants to sit on the bench at United because he can earn a bit more money than he is just a mercenary and nothing more. Should look for a transfer to a Chinese club if he is that kind of player.

He probably thinks he'll get enough game time here to turn his form around - Mourinho still values him.

The club can't force him out - he can still refuse to go to a team that the club agrees a fee with. The worst that the club can do is not play him in any game and let him rot on the bench/in the reserves.

Do we know how many years are left in his current contract?

2 years

I know I keep telling myself that it won't matter much to me if the move ends up in shambles, but I can't help getting used to the idea of him playing for us. He won't be a Cantona, or a Cantona-lite, or a poor man's Cantona, or whatever euphemisms that are used as a backhanded compliment, but his underlying ferocity which defines his fighting spirit is something I can really look forward to. It's been some time since we had a talismanic figure in the team, someone who can turn games on their heads, create something special out of a paucity of options, and if he joins we could finally have someone in that vein. Pogba too is starting to look like that player, and I hope Mourinho keeps deploying in such a way as to get the best out of both him and Sanchez. When put like that, I don't think I could remain stoic if the deal falls through.

Who locked the thread then ? I got my hopes up for a minute and thought it had been announced.

He probably thinks he'll get enough game time here to turn his form around - Mourinho still values him.

If he thinks that than he is stupid or naive or both. If Mourinho would value him he would be playing Mkhitaryan alot more, the fact that he isn't shows that he wants him out. Yes in front of the press he will not be talking about his player like that, especially if you still want to have some leverage in selling him. But it should be pretty clear that Mourinho wants him gone and replaced.

That pic is fake his haircut alone is all wrong unless he had a chop for the big move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I keep telling myself that it won't matter much to me if the move ends up in shambles, but I can't help getting used to the idea of him playing for us. He won't be a Cantona, or a Cantona-lite, or a poor man's Cantona, or whatever euphemisms that are used as a backhanded compliment, but his underlying ferocity which defines his fighting spirit is something I can really look forward to. It's been some time since we had a talismanic figure in the team, someone who can turn games on their heads, create something special out of a paucity of options, and if he joins we could finally have someone in that vein. Pogba too is starting to look like that player, and I hope Mourinho keeps deploying in such a way as to get the best out of both him and Sanchez. When put like that, I don't think I could remain stoic if the deal falls through.
Kot to rester, Quatre Bornes? :smirk:

Imagine how smug Fergie will be if this deal falls through because of Raiola.

Also, imagine how hated poor Mhiki will be our fans!

Read the article. So Mkhi wants the same pay arsenal offered Sanchez to renew. And apparently JMs pissed at Mino for dragging this out. Hope the last part is not true. We have 2 key players from Mino and can't afford having a messy relationship with Raiola

SO.....is this gonna be done by end of tomorrow, do we think? Surely they can't negotiate for that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine how smug Fergie will be if this deal falls through because of Raiola.

Also, imagine how hated poor Mhiki will be our fans!

I don't think that will be the case at all. Fergie may view the situation as Raiola having once more scuppered a deal for United.

Who locked the thread then ? I got my hopes up for a minute and thought it had been announced.
Me. Every time someone posts a fake tweet, the thread needs to be locked for cleanup as it gets 20+ replies in a matter of minutes. If people took more care in seeing that what they posted is from someone genuine and not someone masquerading as a BBC reporter there wouldn't be any issues.

This is quite like the Lukaku deal.

Everyone thinks he's guaranteed to go elsewhere, the new suddenly breaks we're favourites to everyone's disbelief.
Then that final confirmation seems to take aggggesss to come through.

Thread got locked for a moment and I thought United official announcement has been made but no :(

I hate this wait, it is getting boring now.

By the way, if Sanchez signs today or tomorrow, if it really does happen, will he be able to play Next premier league match against Burnley ?
Will we play him straight away or wait a week to start him ?

If he thinks that than he is stupid or naive or both. If Mourinho would value him he would be playing Mkhitaryan alot more, the fact that he isn't shows that he wants him out. Yes in front of the press he will not be talking about his player like that, especially if you still want to have some leverage in selling him. But it should be pretty clear that Mourinho wants him gone and replaced.

Like Shaw?

I mean that's a good point really.

The Arsenal squad is terrible, it's not like there are superstars there he's asking to be paid more than. Although you could argue with how awful he's been this season, and how mediocre he's been since coming to England, he's taking the piss asking for silly money like that.

If they're getting Auba then there's some merit. The pair of them were fabulous in the same side together.

He's a very good footballer that deserves to earn what he's worth. He's shown ability for us, just woefully inconsistently.

It's in the best interest of both sides if this transfer is done real soon. No-one will want this distraction while playing games. I can only hope Mkhitaryan and Raiola lower their demands so we can get this transfer over the line.

Posted by @Adnan in the transfer tweets thread:

And shoutout to Damien for all the hard work cleaning up the thread every 5 seconds when someone posts fake breaking news. We should get better at quadruple-checking everything we post to make sure it's not from fake users etc, to make it a little easier for Damo and the rest of the mods.

I will start to worry if we don't hear anything in the next 24 hours.
Depends what you mean by 'anything'. The Mkhitaryan side of things will take a bit to sort out (and, if Arsenal want to bring in someone else first too - whether it be Aubameyang or Malcom) that'd take a bit of time to sort out.

I'm pretty relaxed. Would only be worried if someone like Ornstein said it collapsed or someone else had made a better offer.

I have no idea what Arsenal are thinking with this whole saga.

Klopp has one simple rule: Only sign players that really want to play for your team and are not purely motivated by money.

Now I´m not saying there are not players that will move for money and still do an excellent job, because they are true stone cold professional. There are many of those. But there are also other personalities (it´s human nature and life) and from everything we know Mkhitaryan is such a sensitive high maintenance player (like AdM was).

So what do Arsenal think, they´ll be getting, if he won´t commit, unless they pay him outrageously high wages?

Then you have Malcom, a 19 year old Brazilian, who was an instant smash hit in France without speaking the language (I assume), whose already allegedly learning English, which speaks for his attitude, eagerness and long-term career planning, who´ll probably cost like half in wages.

Makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.