Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Alexis does sign, does anybody else think he would be our most 'finished article' signing ever (i.e. best player/high profile at point of signing)?

I can only think of Veron, Di Maria and van Persie who might be in the argument.

Rio, Rooney, Ronnie were obviously young and still had improvement. Ruud and Eric you could argue reached another level after joining. Falcao was clearly affected by his injury before he joined.

Thoughts?

he has a contract, and its united who want him out

If he said "Sorry but I love it here and want to fight for my place." Then he would 100% be in the right and it would be up to Utd to come up with a deal excluding him which works for Arsenal. Doing what has been reported is a little embarrassing.

This Ballague bloke, his tweets are incredibly bitter towards United, anyone can tell me why? :wenger:
Liverpool fan. He was also wrong about Pogba. Said "he cried when he signed for United cause he wanted to join Real" then was proven wrong.

Even if you were shit at the place you wanted?
Yeah. He's got 2.5 years left on his contract here so he's under no obligation to leave. With football managers if they're sacked, they get compensation and they get to choose their next job. Mkhitaryan is being pushed towards somewhere he doesn't really want to be (Arsenal) so wants to be financially compensated for it.

This Ballague bloke, his tweets are incredibly bitter towards United, anyone can tell me why? :wenger:

He’s unprofessional and most of his opinions are driven by national bias. Pep is City’s manager and a Catalan like him. Also, he took some L’s regarding us with the De Gea and Pogba to Madrid things, and United fans never let him forget it.

I feel sorry for Mkhi because he's being forced out of the door whilst effectively being told you're not better than the man we're signing.

That being said I think Sanchez takes us to the next level for the next four years, that suits me.

Given that Raiola conceived of the swap deal I’d say he isn’t being forced anywhere. He has looked like he wanted out for a while to me.

coQRd.jpg

You guys will get him. I mean I don't feel bitter, your club knows what it's doing, it knows it has to show ambition to get to the top again and is doing something about it. Unlike the circus at Arsenal.

I don't expect anything from anyone I don't know personally. I just feel like if I had turned in genuinely awful and disinterested performances at work for months and my employers decided they had to get someone else in to do the job because I wasn't up to it. I would feel personally embarrassed to be asking for a raise because I had some form of control over the outcome of that hire rather than because my performances merited it.

"Disinterested performances" is highly subjective though. I really doubt that he gives a feck and that he's content with being ridiculed in public as long as he gets his salary. But what I asked was, why should he be some loyal servant when he doesn't get any loyalty in return from his employer?

If I get asked by my employer to move to a place and company where I really don't want to be just so my current employer could land a deal, then of course I would ask to be compensated. Regardless of my performance.

Anyway, it's not really comparable. And don't forget a footballer's career span is way shorter than us with normal jobs. And this might be Mkhi's last big contract.

"Disinterested performances" is highly subjective though. I really doubt that he gives a feck and that he's content with being ridiculed in public as long as he gets his salary. But what I asked was, why should he be some loyal servant when he doesn't get any loyalty in return from his employer?

If I get asked by my employer to move to a place and company where I really don't want to be just so my current employer could land a deal, then of course I would ask to be compensated. Regardless of my performance.

Anyway, it's not really comparable. And don't forget a footballer's career span is way shorter than us with normal jobs. And this might be Mkhi's last big contract.

I know that wasn't your question but I've never asked him to be a loyal servant. The days of players like Maldini taking 30% pay cuts to help their clubs finances are becoming a thing of the past. I am just saying I'd be personally embarrassed.

I think improved pay should be earned by what you contribute. Not by you failing to such a level that your employer wants shot of you. How it isn't clear that this is poor form is strange to me.

As much as we like to mock Arsenal we are hardly sending him to work down a coal mine. If it is such an issue then as I said he should say "I want to stay and fight for my place." Which would be a respectable stance and the club would have to look at a purely financial deal for Sanchez.

We’ve reached the stage where there’s nothing left to be reported but the official announcement, so the thread goes to absolute shit with mostly rubbish being posted.

It’s a good sign really.

Status
Not open for further replies.