Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't understand anyone hating him if he stayed, to be fair. Ultimately he's going to try and seek the best deal he can and if that's not ideal for us then it's a complication we need to work around.

I dont understand anyone hating Fellaini or lingard prior to december but they still do. Football fans are mental

Some how mkhi is worth more than what we bought him for. If we end up paying no cash to arsenal, it will be a huge deal for Ed as we have sold good players for peanuts usually.

Some how mkhi is worth more than what we bought him for. If we end up paying no cash to arsenal, it will be a huge deal for Ed as we have sold good players for peanuts usually.
Valuation is based on the length of the contract I guess. When we bought him he only had a year left. Now he has 2 and a half

Mkhitaryan looking a lump sum payment is sickening. I can understand him trying to get improved wages from Arsenal, but trying to get a few million from United is pushing his luck.

Suppose you could argue he's more than entitled to do that to us. We've deemed him surplus to requirements and therefore if he's leaving he doesn't really owe us anything as such. All top footballers tend to be after as much money as they can get and there's no reason to expect any different from him. Especially when he's got no reason to have a great affinity for us.

I am not totally surprised, as you said it is not unlike players. The thing I find a little embarrassing is that this is a pretty unique situation due to the domino effect he can obviously have on the Sanchez deal. Most high wage demands come off the back of that players form not through leveraging a situation they fell into.

I am not totally surprised, as you said it is not unlike players. The thing I find a little embarrassing is that this is a pretty unique player due to the domino effect he can obviously have on the Sanchez deal. Most high wage demands come off the back of that players form not through leveraging a situation they fell into.

Aye, quite a unique situation but ultimately he's more than entitled to try and take advantage of it if he can.

To me it looks like Mkhi's ego is really hit by this, he will probably make it as difficult for us as possible. He will also not want to be portrayed as the lesser player. So this is all posturing and everything. It will be done by thursday night.

How on earth could he possibly justify looking for a pay rise?
On if he doesn't move to, Arsenel is to lose Alexis for nothing. Just see Mikhi wage price as sign on fee, which is not much from Arsenal to pay Alexis wage from now till the end of the season while he can't be arsed performing. Leverage they call it.

I wouldn't understand anyone hating him if he stayed, to be fair. Ultimately he's going to try and seek the best deal he can and if that's not ideal for us then it's a complication we need to work around.

Pretty clear this afternoon a lot of people have already started hating him :wenger:

I think he's a good player and don't think it would be right to insult him if he ended up not going but surely you would hope to have the dignity and self awareness to know you have nowhere near earned a bump in pay. This feels like holding us over a barrel which is poor form. I suppose we should have learned to expect poor form from him.

You expect loyalty and understanding from him but have no understanding of him wanting to secure the best deal for himself and taking the time to decide while he's being pushing out of the door by the club he really wanted to play for in the first place?

I really want him to move now not only because we get a better player in return, but that some part of our fanbase probably will embarrass themselves by giving him abuse over this.

To me it looks like Mkhi's ego is really hit by this, he will probably make it as difficult for us as possible. He will also not want to be portrayed as the lesser player. So this is all posturing and everything. It will be done by thursday night.

Nah. Remember who it is. It's Mkhi. He wants to be loved and have an arm around his shoulder by the manager. He can't take criticism like Mourinho's. He won't be able to take it from the fans (although anyone slating him is wrong imo). This is simply his agent making sure he's treated correctly and isn't completely fecked over moving to Arsenal. Mino always does this in transfers and I don't blame him nor the player for wanting more since it's obvious we're kinda forcing him out anyways. I don't think there's any bitterness in it, Mkhi will thrive in a place with less expectations than Stoke.

This deal looks quite tidy for us: if it’s a straight swap then I’d have no problem having to give Raiola £5m and Micky the same, for that matter.

As a previous poster said, once it’s this close it’s only a matter of time to completion.

Exactly this. He must think on himself. He has contract in biggest club in country and plays in CL. He can say-" i will try harder , be better and mourinho again will play me".
If i am him i would also want wage raise.

We don't want a superstar making his debut at Burnley, apart from the fact we 'could' lose its not befitting of a new King, Yeovil away is a much bigger stage !
Arsenal may insist that he plays for us against Burnley. It may prove vital in Arsenal's 6th place hopes.

You expect loyalty and understanding from him but have no understanding of him wanting to secure the best deal for himself and taking the time to decide while he's being pushing out of the door by the club he really wanted to play for in the first place?

I really want him to move now not only because we get a better player in return, but that some part of our fanbase probably will embarrass themselves by giving him abuse over this.

I don't expect anything from anyone I don't know personally. I just feel like if I had turned in genuinely awful and disinterested performances at work for months and my employers decided they had to get someone else in to do the job because I wasn't up to it. I would feel personally embarrassed to be asking for a raise because I had some form of control over the outcome of that hire rather than because my performances merited it.

I don't expect anything from anyone I don't know personally. I just feel like if I had turned in genuinely awful and disinterested performances at work for months and my employers decided they had to get someone else in to do the job because I wasn't up to it. I would feel personally embarrassed to be asking for a raise because I had some form of control over the outcome of that hire rather than because my performances merited it.

One of my pet hates is people comparing football to their own job - in any regard.

Ballbag is supposed to be a grown man! He behaves like a 13 year old.

Sad, sad individual.

Don't quite know how i have posted this, could a mod please delete it.

I must of clicked on the post when frantically refreshing this page over the last few days.

I feel sorry for Mkhi because he's being forced out of the door whilst effectively being told you're not better than the man we're signing.

That being said I think Sanchez takes us to the next level for the next four years, that suits me.

This Ballague bloke, his tweets are incredibly bitter towards United, anyone can tell me why? :wenger:

I feel sorry for Mkhi because he's being forced out of the door whilst effectively being told you're not better than the man we're signing.

That being said I think Sanchez takes us to the next level for the next four years, that suits me.
I doubt Mkhitaryan is deluded enough to believe he's better than Sanchez.

This Ballague bloke, his tweets are incredibly bitter towards United, anyone can tell me why? :wenger:
Because he loves spain, we made his madrid look like shit over de gea fiasco, we made his Personal waiter rafa benitez look like shit,He hates mourinho as he made Pep crazy and made madrid win the league, he made claims of us signing falcao(famous down payment claim) and Torress that dint turn out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.