Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez first interview as a United player:

"I joined United and snubbed City because United is my boyhood dream club with the history, fan-base, Mourinho, Old Trafford and its canine commodities being other factors. The rumours of Shaun Goater being my boyhood idol are completely false."

How beautiful would that be? Imagine the meltdown of the British press and the Ballbag excuse of a journo. :drool:
Who is that?

Getting late in the week. Don’t think we’ll see him Saturday unless he gets at least two training sessions in.
Why would he need 2 training sessions? I'm pretty sure he was training with Arsenal this weekend and he is somebody who looks after himself. He seems the type that can be thrown into the deep end however there has to be tactical work with the coaches I guess so maybe you're right.

You missed the point.

Sanchez is certain to go. Only matter is time. He is acting up and it's better to let him leave now if you're the manager than having him stinking up the dressing room. Also it would hinder any future signing as it looks like Arsenal unreasonably make it hard when thing doesn't work out between players and the club ( fee agreement, letting Arsenal having option to replace Alexis instead going behind your back and negotiate a free transfer in the summer...)

Clearly Wenger doesn't see thing like what you implied. Wenger clearly needs replacement to push for the rest of the season. Selling Sanchez for cheap and spending much more from their own pocket to find replacement in winter clearly a bad business as not many players motivated to move. Demotivated or whatever, it's better than having nobody. Unlike Sanchez, Mkhi is known as nice and professional guy who would stay in line with the rule. So it's a gamble to get him to perform but better than nothing.

Naw you're the one that missed my point.

My point is that IF Henrik really doesn't want to come to Arsenal THEN its much better business for Arsenal to just get the most money out of you lot than worry about trading one player that wants out and is acting up for another.

And none of us know what Wenger really thinks. For all we know the deal is dependent on if Wenger can get Malcom in because thats who Wenger prefers not Henrik.

This keeps dragging... Wenger had said that his future would be decided in 48 hrs.... It's been 72. Sigh... can they do the damn deal already.

He is exactly the special something we are missing and were all crying for. He would instantly be our best player in terms of tight ball/dribbling control at speed and can cut past players at sharp angles in the final third. We were desperately missing someone with his qualities and attributes which we could rely on when Pogba was out of the team or was not being given options by our forwards. Having them both in the team along with Martial should give us a whole new dimension as we will actually have an attacking threat from the right-hand side(if that's where he will play). We became too predictable as we were "left-side heavy" for too long and teams could just congest that area or stifle Martia/Rashford too comfortably at times. We would be more dynamic and give the oppo more to worry about.

Naw you're the one that missed my point.

My point is that IF Henrik really doesn't want to come to Arsenal THEN its much better business for Arsenal to just get the most money out of you lot than worry about trading one player that wants out and is acting up for another.

And none of us know what Wenger really thinks. For all we know the deal is dependent on if Wenger can get Malcom in because thats who Wenger prefers not Henrik.
Agree to disagree.

First of all, you can see that Arsenal clearly being active to look for replacement. The best you can get for Sanchez is under 40 mil which is less than you sold Ox for. You may end up to pay much for to get replacement.

I wouldn't judge Malcom quality but repeat the point I made which you ignored. The selling club doesn't want to sell in winter which you may end up paying more than it should. Pricey player gets extra pressure to perform which is unnecessarily for one who would be new to the league and didn't have pre season with to team to bond. In case he doesn't hit the ground running, it's putting even more pressure on your club having a pricey player on the bench.

I was checking this thread over the weekend and for the past 2 days. I know what players I like my team to sign from a rival :

Players who I hated just because they were playing for a rival, he is awesome we just need to make sure he remains hungry (and by that I do not mean banning fish chips).

I do not think this will happen, mkhitaryan won't accept Arse. Too lazy to accept a new challange + wants a pay rise

Getting late in the week. Don’t think we’ll see him Saturday unless he gets at least two training sessions in.

It doesn't matter if he makes the game v Burnley. What does matter is that he joins this month.

12pm on the Friday prior to a Saturday fixture the paperwork has to be submitted for a player registration. At least that’s the EFL deadline!

We don't want a superstar making his debut at Burnley, apart from the fact we 'could' lose its not befitting of a new King, Yeovil away is a much bigger stage !

We don't want a superstar making his debut at Burnley, apart from the fact we 'could' lose its not befitting of a new King, Yeovil away is a much bigger stage !

Agree. Also we did that 'debut vs Burnley away' thing already with Di Maria.

How on earth could he possibly justify looking for a pay rise?

If Mhiki is on 150£k per week, it's less than the 200k the media has been reporting. That's why I'm sceptical Sanchez will walk in on 350k. That's City's PR trumpeting numbers to suit their agenda.

I think it will be closer to 250 plus bonuses.

Agree to disagree.

First of all, you can see that Arsenal clearly being active to look for replacement. The best you can get for Sanchez is under 40 mil which is less than you sold Ox for. You may end up to pay much for to get replacement.

I wouldn't judge Malcom quality but repeat the point I made which you ignored. The selling club doesn't want to sell in winter which you may end up paying more than it should. Pricey player gets extra pressure to perform which is unnecessarily for one who would be new to the league and didn't have pre season with to team to bond. In case he doesn't hit the ground running, it's putting even more pressure on your club having a pricey player on the bench.

Ox was PL homegrown premium price. Can find better value elsewhere. But none of us think we can find equal value for Sanchez in last year form. We all accept we are taking a step down.
But what's best no fan can know. No one knows if Henrik really doesn't want Arsenal or not. If he does and wants to work hard for Arsenal then great take him. But if he doesn't then take the money and spend more to get a replacement.

Why wouldn't he ? It's a golden opportunity for him because the deal depends on him.

Yeah, he's got more power here than he'll otherwise have if we decide in the summer that we don't want him. At the moment he's someone we may need to sell as opposed to someone we'd like to sell.

I think he's a good player and don't think it would be right to insult him if he ended up not going but surely you would hope to have the dignity and self awareness to know you have nowhere near earned a bump in pay. This feels like holding us over a barrel which is poor form. I suppose we should have learned to expect poor form from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
imagine Mkhi stayed and overtook Fellaini as the most hated united player.

I wouldn't understand anyone hating him if he stayed, to be fair. Ultimately he's going to try and seek the best deal he can and if that's not ideal for us then it's a complication we need to work around.

I think he's a good player and don't think it would be right to insult him if he ended up not going but surely you would hope to have the dignity and self awareness to know you have nowhere near earned a bump in pay. This feels like holding us over a barrel which is poor form. I suppose we should have learned to expect poor form from him.

Suppose you could argue he's more than entitled to do that to us. We've deemed him surplus to requirements and therefore if he's leaving he doesn't really owe us anything as such. All top footballers tend to be after as much money as they can get and there's no reason to expect any different from him. Especially when he's got no reason to have a great affinity for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.