Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw. If Henrik really doesn't want to play for Arsenal then having a de-motivated wantaway with a drama queen agent locked in for 2 years is the last thing Arsenal needs.
If you want Sanchez this season you probably need to pay $30M+. Mourinho is the last manager Wenger wants to do any favors for. He'd probably sell to Pep for 5-10M cheaper than to Mourinho.
You missed the point.

Sanchez is certain to go. Only matter is time. He is acting up and it's better to let him leave now if you're the manager than having him stinking up the dressing room. Also it would hinder any future signing as it looks like Arsenal unreasonably make it hard when thing doesn't work out between players and the club ( fee agreement, letting Arsenal having option to replace Alexis instead going behind your back and negotiate a free transfer in the summer...)

Clearly Wenger doesn't see thing like what you implied. Wenger clearly needs replacement to push for the rest of the season. Selling Sanchez for cheap and spending much more from their own pocket to find replacement in winter clearly a bad business as not many players motivated to move. Demotivated or whatever, it's better than having nobody. Unlike Sanchez, Mkhi is known as nice and professional guy who would stay in line with the rule. So it's a gamble to get him to perform but better than nothing.

All those getting worried by Mkhi potentially not wanting to to Arsenal need to chill. Raoila said that this was proposed six weeks' ago. If Mhki had no intentions of going to Arsenal that would have been made clearly then. The fact that the agent has even come out talking about it suggests a deal is very close but how close is anyone's guess
This

This. He does it every time. Even amid all the pogba to United rumors he said stuff like nothing is guaranteed yet and remains to be seen, blah blah blah when it was obvious it was going to be United. Same with Ibra. He does it every time to make his own client more valued, which is fair.

Yes/No

Do we think he’ll be in the squad for Burnley? What’s the cut off for registration?

They did.

That's rubbish and you completely missed my point. One of the major issues his teammates had with him in training and during games was his constant risk taking and losing the ball, while not helping them defend as a result. After a while I could see how that would piss off your teammates.

Oh that's what you meant, my bad. Just at work was was slightly distracted. That can definitely piss off your teammates after a while.

Sky Sports News still running the “Chelsea still well in contention” line ffs. I know they want to keep it as dramatic as possible but come on :lol:

Sky Sports News still running the “Chelsea still well in contention” line ffs. I know they want to keep it as dramatic as possible but come on :lol:

Right? The guy already moved to Manchester and they keep running that lame story. Even Conte admitted he had no idea.

Think we'll have to wait another night for this one.

Doesn't seem close enough yet for an announcement.

This is the problem with the rolling news circus, they have to constantly fill the void every hour (or less) with a new story, or new twist on an old story, just to keep eyes and ears on their channel. Just look at Di Marzio's silence, he knows stuff is going on but there's nothing major to report. Beyond Mino's wibbling, they'd be best served by shutting up until something happens.

Sanchez first interview as a United player:

"I joined United and snubbed City because United is my boyhood dream club with the history, fan-base, Mourinho, Old Trafford and its canine commodities being other factors. The rumours of Shaun Goater being my boyhood idol are completely false."

How beautiful would that be? Imagine the meltdown of the British press and the Ballbag excuse of a journo. :drool:

Yep. You are only as good as your last game (or at least 10 games) and Mhiki has been consistently terrible for the last months. SAF was probably more ruthless in his prime. I've got no issues seeing him leave the club.

Exactly. He's had 1 season and a half and I would be lying if I could say that I could think of more than a handful of very good games and even less outstanding games. He has not played allot (apparently 37 games in total in 1 and a half seasons) so he should be in peak fitness. Just not right in the head.

I don't. I see him in the RvP mold where he has one great season, one good season, and from there a massive slide downwards. 24-29 is the sweet spot in terms of where we should be looking.
Could be. He's played a lot of football in recent years. Hasn't had a summer off from a major international tournament since 2013, and has been to the final of tournaments the last 3 summers. The good news is that, assuming this deal gets finalized, he'll be more rested for next season than he has been in quite some time.

Getting late in the week. Don’t think we’ll see him Saturday unless he gets at least two training sessions in.

Sanchez first interview as a United player:

"I joined United and snubbed City because United is my boyhood dream club with the history, fan-base, Mourinho, Old Trafford and its canine commodities being other factors. The rumours of Shaun Goater being my boyhood idol are completely false."

How beautiful would that be? Imagine the meltdown of the British press and the Ballbag excuse of a journo. :drool:

You should be a screenwriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.