Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 18,000 votes on an ArsenalFanTV poll asking would they be happy with a straight swap.

48% Yes

52% No.

Much closer than I thought it'd be...

This will be one of the best deals that I can remember, if we pull this off.

Well played Mr Woodward.

Shit chant to go along with all the other shit chants they have ....
“ and it’s Arseeeenaaal zzzz you’re by far the greatest zzzzzzzz team the world has ever zzzzzzzzz:boring:

I agree with you

I trust our fans will come up with something much better than that

And Raiola saying a deal is unlikely? You can't just choose the news you want to hear.
So, one source, who is trying to get a better deal for his client makes it 50/50?

Even without Mkhi in the picture surely Arsenal would rather offload Sanchez for 20/30m pounds now, than lose him for free in 5 months.

Almost 18,000 votes on an ArsenalFanTV poll asking would they be happy with a straight swap.

48% Yes

52% No.

they've watched him play this season, and seen the effect he's had on the team. it's a no brainer really. the No camp will be made of two types also, ones who want the cash, and ones who just want to keep him out of pride/hatred of United/etc. the 48% are the smart ones. Mhki is a good player.

48% Yes

52% No.

It makes sense. Sanchez is gone and Arsenal never spend money. This way they get a player who could be really good in their system instead of a nominal fee and no player in return.

it's not as simple as that. Arsenal are getting shafted because they let his contract run down so much, we're just the ones taking advantage of it. equating Sanchez and Mhki is pointless. obviously they're not the same player, but getting a replacement who could improve dramatically under a new system isn't a bad result for a petulant player who doesn't want to be there and that will be leaving for nothing in 6 months.

Let me ask you a genuine question. How is Miki going to improve dramatically in a new system? With worse players surrounding him. This guy hasnt shown any backbone to put up a fight when he is up against it. I agree Arsenal are in a no win situation and they deserve it for atrocious mis management by the board, however Sanchez for Miki is a steal

48% Yes

52% No.

You sure that’s not the Brexit result you’re looking at?

48% Yes

52% No.

Need to factor in pragmatism given he wants out and has almost downed tools, plus they will be saving face.

Same question at the end of last season would have seen very different results.

48% Yes

52% No.

Never dreamed it would be that close.

They are more desperate than we thought.

Because if Arsenal can't sell Alexis, they would end up with nothing in the end, and if the character assassination to be believed Sanchez has been acting up all season and not 100% contribute. Better having a player or money (not much and wouldn't guarantee quality in this market) than nothing

Naw. If Henrik really doesn't want to play for Arsenal then having a de-motivated wantaway with a drama queen agent locked in for 2 years is the last thing Arsenal needs.
If you want Sanchez this season you probably need to pay $30M+. Mourinho is the last manager Wenger wants to do any favors for. He'd probably sell to Pep for 5-10M cheaper than to Mourinho.

Mkhitaryan will be a baller for Arsenal, fam. I’ll not be one bit surprised when he’s terrorising defences in the PL. He is a good player, there is no doubt about it, but he’s mentally weak as feck. His form will rise with Arsenal and dip with Arsenal.

He’s only like 34 days younger than Sanchez too. It doesn’t matter if Sanchez has 6 months left on his contract - this deal is straight outta MasterLeague.

We’re getting a deal of the century here. Getting a player we desperately need to take us to the next level from our rival, right under the noses of our bitter rivals and giving them a player we don’t want. A player that won’t pull up trees when shit hits the fan. So essentially leaving Arsenal where they always been at.

fecking buzzing.

PS - Raiola is some fecking agent. I bet after this is over his phone will be buzzing for days from players who’ll want that type of representation.

The market has exploded since then. Mkhi is better than Sigurdsson and he went for £45 million. We would get that because we want to sell the player rather than a club trying to lure him away but £35m should be bottom line.
He might be a better player than Siggy but there's a massive diffeeence between the two transfers. One club didn't want to sell and the sale could possibly have affected their survival and one club is basically forcing the player out.

That affects bargaining positioning.

Let me ask you a genuine question. How is Miki going to improve dramatically in a new system? With worse players surrounding him. This guy hasnt shown any backbone to put up a fight when he is up against it. I agree Arsenal are in a no win situation and they deserve it for atrocious mis management by the board, however Sanchez for Miki is a steal

you never know - less pressure? Arsenal play a different style to us, arguably more like Dortmund. I'm not saying it's guaranteed (far from it), but for £35m, it's a risk you can take on a player knowing what his peak form is like. and that peak form (if he was to ever get back to it) shits all over other players going for around the same amount.

obviously we still get the better deal because we get the better player, but right now given Arsenal have created this shitty scenario for themselves, it's probably the best deal they will get. anyone they want to sign to replace Sanchez now, mid Jan, will be well north of £35m.

Arsenal supporters seem reasonable. A guy on Arsenal Mania called Troopz with a picture of the Arsenal fan tv guy (could actually be him) posted this:

You can't really blame Alexis.

Everyone is talking about he's chasing money etc. That's bullsh*t.

I only just had a look at the league table, we're 11 points behind Man Utd who are second. No chance we're getting the bare minimum of top 4.

Our best hope of CL is the Europa League and that's not a certain.

That's ****ing disgraceful. Wenger should be sacked mid season.

And a lot of people subsequently agreed with him.

48% Yes

52% No.

Of course they realise that he's bad for their dressing room and Wenger knows this too!

Does anyone know if he speaks good English? In case he doesn't, if he signs he'll be surrounded by loads of Spaniards, so he should be all right.
Please let's make this official asap! He'll be a great player for us!!

Yeah he's okay! Probably got better as well.

While i agree to some of the points, the expectation at Arsenal is much lower than at United.There it's okay for a player get a CL spot and a occasional cup and feel good about that. In comparison, we won two trophies last season and still it was not a great season. Plus he get to play with Auba if a Arsenal could strike a deal. I believe not all is lost for him there.

Good points! Thx for sharing

Huge contract for a 29yr old who plays his best on the left where Martial plays. I suspect we'll have to play Sanchez on the right, which he can do. Which makes a Luca Moura/Bale deal unlikely.

Jose clearly doesn't rate Miki so represents an ok deal, not fantastic. Sanchez will decline in a year or so due to his age. And he strikes me as a down tools kinda guy, so lets hope he stays happy during his stay here or he'll stink the place out with his attitude.

We need to get the best out of him for 2-3 years and ship him off to china or America who will pay his high wages. Hopefully it works out good.

I think miki will excel and prove what a good player he is. Shame it hasn't worked for him here
Remember that RVP was basically accused of having attitude problems before he joined us too yet never caused any problems when he was here?

People are making too much out of nothing. If someone like Suarez can suddenly behave once they get their move, Alexis easily will too.

Like swapping a Porsche for a Skoda.

this kind of Skoda?

141126-skoda-fabia-r-5-concept-car-essen-001.jpg

48% Yes

52% No.

That's not surprising. Mkhi was linked to Arsenal much before we came in and got him last to last summer. Getting him in a swap is a much better deal than letting Sanchez go on a free in the summer. Even if they get the money now, what is the guarantee that their board will spend it?

What a shit comment. Arsenal technically do hold all the cards. We can just tell yous to feck off and you can try and deal with him in the summer when there are likely to be more options on the table for him.
You give examples of what the selling club did exactly to fleece the buying club out of more money then the players worth then accuse us of demanding too much.
The selling club makes the rules, not the buying club. You can negotiate but only once the selling club are happy will the transfer ultimately go through.
The player holds the cards ultimately when a contract is run down this far, he's free to sign a pre contract now with other clubs for next season. Arsenal wont let him walk away for nothing in the Summer, especially with Ozil potentially leaving for nothing. They have sold up in the past and it looks like they will sell again, we are negotiating with the club. We wouldn't be after Rvp but they have got themselves in a mess with contracts once again. Yeah usually the club selling are in the strong position, not this time. Not even the most deluded Arsenal fan would disagree. I think you'll find you have made the 'shit comment'.

Arsenal supporters seem reasonable. A guy on Arsenal Mania called Troopz with a picture of the Arsenal fan tv guy (could actually be him) posted this:

And a lot of people subsequently agreed with him.

Not surprised. Years of mediocrity mean a lot of delusions of success have disappeared for Arsenal fans and they're sick of the current situation to the point where they can understand anyone who wants out.

Another 2 things:

He can play straight away with us in the CL:

Raiola better not fool around with us seeing we have three of his players!

Status
Not open for further replies.