Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said Zlatan is too old too. Its ludicrous. Back in the day Real broke a world record for 29 year old Zidane and 28 year old Figo. If a player is world class, does not matter when you get them, so long as they haven't already past it.

They would be classmates. People are idiots.

The question of age came from the haters. Higuain was 29 when Juventus gave him a huge contract. He has been beastly for them. I have no doubt Sanchez will thrive. He’s got the X-factor.

He has been playing in 2018 thus far. I think when Mata plays we have a fluidity to our game and he keeps the ball moving. I think Mata is massively under rated on here
I really enjoyed his performance last night, tbh. Unlucky not to get a couple of goals too.

The question of age came from the haters. Higuain was 29 when Juventus gave him a huge contract. He has been beastly for them. I have no doubt Sanchez will thrive. He’s got the X-factor.
Matic was past it and too old as well according to the Redcafe brain trust.

Well I can see you are trying to make it look a bit more appealing but the truth is since he has been in the premier league he has seen Arsenal drop down the pecking order , fans desperate for the manager to leave , booing players , protesting at matches and singing you`re not fit to wear the shirt . He may decide it is better to be frozen out until the summer and look for a better move then .
For United and the Alexis deal it would be great if he just went now but it might not be what he wants for himself .

We forget that different things motivate different people and footballers are people.

He might just like Wenger. He might have been dreaming of living in London. He might have just realized that all he wants is a club that appreciates him and gives him playing time. He might simply like the prospect of playing with Auba. He might just want anywhere but United and any manager but Jose. He might just have met a girl who lives in London. Etc.

They might sound like silly reasons but people like silly things at times.

You've just got to let them be.

29 is actually not a bad age at all for a player to be given a good contract. They still have about four or five years at their best level (of course, depending on injuries and how they take care of themselves), but all in all I don't think it sounds crazy at all.

This deal needs to be done soon, I had promised myself I wont get caught up with another saga after the Pogba transfer :nervous:

Just allow yourself the muppetry. I used to hate it, but feck it, football is daft anyway.

Straight swap is bad business for Arsenal.

Best for Arsenal is to take the 30M cash and invest in Malcom and Lemar.

Good point but Arsenal is not exactly an unattractive place to play for an ex Dortmund star who has had a bad experience at a big club like United. London is still attractive, Wenger is still highly regarded, Arsenal plays the kind of football that fits him, he will be guaranteed playing time, and Auba is likely going to be joining him from Dortmund. If Arsenal can pay his wages, I see no reason why Miki wouldn't want to play for Arsenal. He comes across as a guy who is happy to keep things simple and enjoy his football.
Arsenal are not as attractive as they were a few years back , Wenger is not highly regarded by his own fans anymore , I don`t think they play the kind of football that suits him ( losing often and defensive frailties when the ball is given away cheaply ) and a pretty toxic atmosphere at games . Granted he may get on well with Auba but may be advising him to also avoid Arsenal , who knows .
It would be great if he agreed and we end up with Alexis , I am just saying that I can see why he has his doubts and feels he is being pushed into something he doesn`t really want when his other option is to carry on until the summer and weigh up his options then .

Some of the comments over Miki in this last 2 days have been atrocious. I like many others want Sanchez but understand the dilemma for Miki. It hasn't worked out and it's a shame but needs to be done correctly in the case of Mkhitaryan, still a good footballer. First of all Arsenal can feck off wanting the player plus money. Sanchez has a 4 months of playing time left on his contract. Miki has a contract to June 2020. If average players in this league like Sigurdsson go for £45m, then a straight swap considering the circumstances is enough. Andy (injury prone) Carroll is being linked with a £30m move to Chelsea. Just let that sink in, a big useless West Ham donkey. The market is crazy but we need to get the right deal. We all know what Mkhitaryans's agent is like, he will squeeze to get the best deal for the player. If I was Miki I wouldn't be excited to be going to Arsenal, lets face it. The club are in absolute turmoil from top to bottom. They are selling there best players, there is uncertainty with there manager, unrest in the stands, 6th in the league, in the EL and knocked out of the FA cup. Its's hardly the place to be at the moment, it's a mess. Does he want to go there, would you? I think we should have offered a £35m take it or leave it with Sanchez, they would except. They are that rubbish at getting players we have to offer them one of ours.

Summed up, hopefully we get Sanchez but shouldn't be fleeced. Arsenal are not in a strong position here. We have basically rejected Miki and told him go there, it can't be a nice situation for the player. We should have offered money and Sold Miki abroad to where he wants! Some people need to show a little respect to him too. We would not be playing CL football this season if it wasn't for him, hasn't worked out. No need for threatening abuse towards him. Lets hope it gets resolved for what is FAIR for clubs and players involved.

What a shit comment. Arsenal technically do hold all the cards. We can just tell yous to feck off and you can try and deal with him in the summer when there are likely to be more options on the table for him.
You give examples of what the selling club did exactly to fleece the buying club out of more money then the players worth then accuse us of demanding too much.
The selling club makes the rules, not the buying club. You can negotiate but only once the selling club are happy will the transfer ultimately go through.

Mkhi will definitely excel under Wenger. Wenger's teams don't need to defend as much as a Jose teams.

Hate to be a pessimist here but if it's Mikhi or no deal, I find it hard to believe Mikhi would want to go Arsenal. It's a lower club and I would imagine he would rather move to another league, no?

I've got zero confidence

Does anyone know if he speaks good English? In case he doesn't, if he signs he'll be surrounded by loads of Spaniards, so he should be all right.
Please let's make this official asap! He'll be a great player for us!!

29 is actually not a bad age at all for a player to be given a good contract. They still have about four or five years at their best level (of course, depending on injuries and how they take care of themselves), but all in all I don't think it sounds crazy at all.

29 is pretty old to be buying a player. How many top years did RvP give us ? One, maybe one and a half ? (Zlatan is obviously an exception here).

I just thought you'd all like to know
7eknqBbSrez4CvPKnedo_topppers.png

That sky rate us as likely to sign Lucas Mora as Sanchez and do not thinhkMkhi will sign or arsenal

That's a complete myth my friend. They've been trying to sign Neymar the previous summer (summer 2016). Neymar wanting to have a bigger role wasn't a new thing in the past summer, this is why they've been working behind doors for a long time. Guys who work at the club have attested to that. I'm not gonna pretend to know better than them.

No club was ready to pay his clause. That was the only way to get him because Barca were never considering any offers
mate i think you might be a closet PSG fan, anyway will be funny to see him ditch PSG and get his dream move to Real Madrid in a couple of summers time to replace CR7

Mkhi will definitely excel under Wenger. Wenger's teams don't need to defend as much as a Jose teams.

Except Raiola keeps insisting he doesn't want to come to Arsenal and views us as "low level".

Why the feck would Arsenal want to trade one wantaway player for another? If Henrik doesn't want to come to Arsenal then there is no reason Arsenal should take him.
Getting rid of one dressing room problem for another is the worst thing Arsenal could do.

Mkhitaryan has had his chance, he has disappointed. He gets a very nice opportunity to start over at Arsenal, if he is smart he will take that chance.

If he doesn't and if the transfer of Sanchez falls through because of that than his story at this club will have been one of failure and misery and fans will blame him for missing out on Sanchez which might not be fair but it will happen anyway.
Maybe, but then many fans are stupid.

Why can’t Woodward just pay cash only? I hope Sanchez will be in the squad by the time we face Spurs.
Perhaps Arsenal want a replacement, a player? Since they're not guaranteed to sign anyone, they want Mkhi

mate i think you might be a closet PSG fan, anyway will be funny to see him ditch PSG and get his dream move to Real Madrid in a couple of summers time to replace CR7
:lol: ffs anything but cynicism and you're a closet fan?

Except Raiola keeps insisting he doesn't want to come to Arsenal and views us as "low level".

Why the feck would Arsenal want to trade one wantaway player for another? If Henrik doesn't want to come to Arsenal then there is no reason Arsenal should take him.
Getting rid of one dressing room problem for another is the worst thing Arsenal could do.
Because if Arsenal can't sell Alexis, they would end up with nothing in the end, and if the character assassination to be believed Sanchez has been acting up all season and not 100% contribute. Better having a player or money (not much and wouldn't guarantee quality in this market) than nothing

People who question this transfer are nuts. I said back when linked with Griezmann that Sanchez was my dream signing. Literally the complete attacker. He scores some finesse goals as well as cracking ranged goals, turns so sharply in the box. His goal collection is wonderful. With Pogba feeding him, and Martial, he will score bucket loads. He is a 4 x better version of lingard

With regard to Mkhitaryan’s impending departure I’ve repurposed the old Rooney chant:

My old man said to me
We just sold the man who’s the white Bebe
So I asked who is he?
He goes by the name of Arsenal’s Mkhi!

Status
Not open for further replies.