Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky still rattling on about Chelsea on the basis of absolutely nothing. Literally nothing - no claims, no rumours, nobody in the media jumping on the band-wagon.

They even had the cheek to state Conte didn’t deny their interest, then showed the clip where Conte clearly confirms that he has feck all knowledge of the club’s transfer business. He’ll be gone in the summer.

-----------De Gea------------

Valencia -- Bailey--Jones--Shaw
Mata/Jesse--Matic--Pogba--Martial/Rashford
------------Sanchez---------------
------------Lukaku----------------

Sky still rattling on about Chelsea on the basis of absolutely nothing. Literally nothing - no claims, no rumours, nobody in the media jumping on the band-wagon.

They even had the cheek to state Conte didn’t deny their interest, then showed the clip where Conte clearly confirms that he has feck all knowledge of the club’s transfer business. He’ll be gone in the summer.

Which makes it absurd that a top level player would be joining a directionless club.

Neymar wanted to leave, he didn't need convincing. Pretty much all parties have indirectly admitted that. He moved because he didn't want to spend his career in Messi's shadow.

PSG spent an entire year turning neymars head, if neymar just wanted to leave Barca because of being in Messis shadow then he would have gone to a bigger club then PSG.
All top 5/6 European giants would have been in the market for him.

It has been over 48 hours since Wenger said that could be decided. I am waiting :boring::boring::boring:

Can anyone really blame Miki for not wanting to go to Arsenal though , if I were him I would just say that I want to fight for my place at United even if Jose has told him he is not in their plans . He won`t win any more trophies playing for Arsenal than he will playing for Uniteds reserves .

Live in London
Play in a massive and very nice stadium
Play good football (which they'll be doing again in a few matches)
Manager who develops players
Less pressure

If he stays here after this, Mourinho will freeze him out (rightly), and then move him on anywhere he can in a few months.

This is a great move for Mkhi. And Arsenal would be a great club for him.

Yea. PSG will get pissed off and drag our 2nd best player to France.
tbh i was reluctant using 2nd best player.

For me he was obvious choice to take Neymar or over Messi from Barca.

Also ive said it before and il say it again Neymar wants to play for Real Madrid and knew he needed to move to another club to get his wish.

By the time CR7 is done (looks like it this season) they will replace him with Neymar.

Gotcha. #1 or nothing.

Anyway, I'm going super off topic now. I don't want a threadban or I might have to work for the next... 37 minutes.
I've been sitting on the toilet at work for the past 20 minutes reading through this thread. I tend not to get involved in transfer sagas for the sake of my sanity but they provide a great distraction from doing anything productive!!

A bit of a light hearted fun from Arsenal Mania:
I'm sorry but Man City are a lesser team than United. And it's very short sighted to say he won't win big trophies with United when they are the most successful team in the Premier League era and have a major manager who wins trophies. Just because they may not win it this season doesn't mean in the next four years they won't.

Historically, that's true. I've never said any different. City is just an upstart with bags of money. But if you look at which club is better-equiped to win things over the next couple of years, it's quite obviously City. They have a better squad. They have a better coach. They have better finances. Of course United could win big things. But I'd put my money on City. United's success under Fergie and Busby aren't really relevant to the current situation.

Plus, Alexis would be playing for a manager who encourages creativity rather than one who stifles it.

Well id say all that is subjective. Mourinho has won European trophies at three different clubs. United have a fantastic squad and a brilliant manager. To say United aren't as equally equipped to be as successful as City is bizarre.

They have spent 95m and 85m on players (more than City have spent on any individuals player) financially they are out spending City to acquire Alexis. They have the resources, the manager and the players to be considered as genuine contenders for every competition they enter.

Mourinho is not a great manager anymore. The Mickey Mouse treble doesnt change that. I dont want to read about how great that sociopath is at this stage.

Mourinho is a great manager. Only a fool would say otherwise

Because of the past? Ok, Wenger is great manager aswell in that case.

In the past 8 years Mourinho has won the Champions League, the Europa league, the Italian league, the Spanish league and the English league not to mention numerous domestic cups.

Mourinho has won trophies more recently than the great Pep.

Wenger hasn't won a league in 14 years or been to a European final in 12 years. Wenger was a great manager in the past now he is only a good manager. When Mourinho goes 14 years without a league win then you can say the same about him. As it is his last league win was 3 years ago and he has bridged that gap with another European trophy that Wenger has never picked up.

Mourinho is a cretin but his managerial qualities and achievements cannot be doubted.

Mourinho is a **** manager and I can't wait to see Sanchez waving his hands at him when they play with 10 men behind the ball each time they play anyone half decent. They're also going to play him at the right where he performed the worst for us. So buying Sanchez doesnt really solve too much for them.

He also transformed Chelsea to relegation candidates. And, once again, the Mickey Mouse treble is not impressive. If Wenger had won it you would have said the same.

Mkhitaryan was absolutely MASSIVE in his last season at Dortmund.
Literally unplayable and showing worldclass performance after worldclass performance.

His abilities cannot be doubted but rather, if he gets there again and whether he will not only continue to be an expensive passenger.

But the real reason this deal is terrible is because no Arsenal fan wants to see a repetition of the RVP incident, no Arsenal fan wants to see Alexis playing for Man Utd, no Arsenal fan wants to see those arrogant fans boasting again like they are without equal and no Arsenal fan wants to see that jerk Mourinho getting his man.

If it does happen it should at least hurt them as well which only would go along with someone like Martial going the other way..

Some truth in that, but we'd be getting the better end of a swap, no question. Contract situation taken into account, it would be a great piece of business.
Without doubt we'd be getting the better player.
Some may be. Some may also have actually watched him play this season.
Miki? Started the season off well enough. Still a decent player in the right team and with confidence.

Arsenal fans would be absolutely fuming if it was a straight swap. Imagine Pogba in his last 6 months and Arsenal come and swap him for say Ramsey. Thats just stealing

tbh i was reluctant using 2nd best player.

For me he was obvious choice to take Neymar or over Messi from Barca.

Also ive said it before and il say it again Neymar wants to play for Real Madrid and knew he needed to move to another club to get his wish.

By the time CR7 is done (looks like it this season) they will replace him with Neymar.
You're making it sound like FM. Neymar wouldn't have joined PSG, if he didn't want to. He left obviously for the money, to escape Messi's shadow and be the main man. Few would have paid the price PSG paid for him, and few would pay the price PSG will demand for him now.

Obligatory line-up for next season. Bring in a backup LB, 2 CM's, recall Perreira. Sell Blind, Darmian and release Zlatan. Fellaini will be probably gone too.

---------------De Gea------------
Valencia/TFM -- Bailly/Tuanzebe -- Jones/Smalling -- Shaw/ New LB
New CM/Herrera-- Matic/New CM -- Pogba/Perreira
Sanchez/Mata -- Lukaku/Rashford -- Martial/Rashford

Mkhitryan will leave and we will get Sanchez. But delaying this deal just a few days puts a lot of pressure on all parties except Mkhitryan who will just sit back and watch all others fumble around and stump up some cash for him and Raiola.

Mkhitryan will leave and we will get Sanchez. But delaying this deal just a few days puts a lot of pressure on all parties except Mkhitryan who will just sit back and watch all others fumble around and stump up some cash for him and Raiola.

Why can’t Woodward just pay cash only? I hope Sanchez will be in the squad by the time we face Spurs.

Some of the comments over Miki in this last 2 days have been atrocious. I like many others want Sanchez but understand the dilemma for Miki. It hasn't worked out and it's a shame but needs to be done correctly in the case of Mkhitaryan, still a good footballer. First of all Arsenal can feck off wanting the player plus money. Sanchez has a 4 months of playing time left on his contract. Miki has a contract to June 2020. If average players in this league like Sigurdsson go for £45m, then a straight swap considering the circumstances is enough. Andy (injury prone) Carroll is being linked with a £30m move to Chelsea. Just let that sink in, a big useless West Ham donkey. The market is crazy but we need to get the right deal. We all know what Mkhitaryans's agent is like, he will squeeze to get the best deal for the player. If I was Miki I wouldn't be excited to be going to Arsenal, lets face it. The club are in absolute turmoil from top to bottom. They are selling there best players, there is uncertainty with there manager, unrest in the stands, 6th in the league, in the EL and knocked out of the FA cup. Its's hardly the place to be at the moment, it's a mess. Does he want to go there, would you? I think we should have offered a £35m take it or leave it with Sanchez, they would except. They are that rubbish at getting players we have to offer them one of ours.

Summed up, hopefully we get Sanchez but shouldn't be fleeced. Arsenal are not in a strong position here. We have basically rejected Miki and told him go there, it can't be a nice situation for the player. We should have offered money and Sold Miki abroad to where he wants! Some people need to show a little respect to him too. We would not be playing CL football this season if it wasn't for him, hasn't worked out. No need for threatening abuse towards him. Lets hope it gets resolved for what is FAIR for clubs and players involved.

What would delight me the most is not signing Sanchez but seeing Mhki leave. He never had that United mentality and his weekly mention of being Armenia footballer of the year on social media is tiresome to say the very least. I wish him well going forward nevertheless.

As for the possible signing of a world class player in Sanchez, I believe the real long term value in this investment lies with how such a deal, at this time of the year when we are 12 points behind City who had long been 'committed' to signing the player, signifies our ambition and status at a difficult and at times confusing time. It would restore confidence in the team as well as the fans, many of the latter, including me, are gradually and unwittingly accepting the 'fate' that all things in life go in full circles and United could be 'in the wild' for years to come. As soon as United announce the signing I would quit smoking after 11 years of two packs a day.

Reactions: Penna
Some of the comments over Miki in this last 2 days have been atrocious. I like many others want Sanchez but understand the dilemma for Miki. It hasn't worked out and it's a shame but needs to be done correctly in the case of Mkhitaryan, still a good footballer. First of all Arsenal can feck off wanting the player plus money. Sanchez has a 4 months of playing time left on his contract. Miki has a contract to June 2020. If average players in this league like Sigurdsson go for £45m, then a straight swap considering the circumstances is enough. Andy (injury prone) Carroll is being linked with a £30m move to Chelsea. Just let that sink in, a big useless West Ham donkey. The market is crazy but we need to get the right deal. We all know what Mkhitaryans's agent is like, he will squeeze to get the best deal for the player. If I was Miki I wouldn't be excited to be going to Arsenal, lets face it. The club are in absolute turmoil from top to bottom. They are selling there best players, there is uncertainty with there manager, unrest in the stands, 6th in the league, in the EL and knocked out of the FA cup. Its's hardly the place to be at the moment, it's a mess. Does he want to go there, would you? I think we should have offered a £35m take it or leave it with Sanchez, they would except. They are that rubbish at getting players we have to offer them one of ours.

Summed up, hopefully we get Sanchez but shouldn't be fleeced. Arsenal are not in a strong position here. We have basically rejected Miki and told him go there, it can't be a nice situation for the player. We should have offered money and Sold Miki abroad to where he wants! Some people need to show a little respect to him too. We would not be playing CL football this season if it wasn't for him, hasn't worked out. No need for threatening abuse towards him. Lets hope it gets resolved for what is FAIR for clubs and players involved.

I feel for Mkhi - he's not been as dreadful as many ppl think. He's just not lived up to high expectations an been very sporadic with his form. The way we play football isn't really lined up with his skillset so I think he should move on.

Why can’t Woodward just pay cash only? I hope Sanchez will be in the squad by the time we face Spurs.
Of course we can, and I bet we prefer that too. But at the moment, Arsenal seem to want a cover before selling. If they could finalize something with Auba or Malcom, I believe we'll have a cash deal sanctioned.

Can anyone really blame Miki for not wanting to go to Arsenal though , if I were him I would just say that I want to fight for my place at United even if Jose has told him he is not in their plans . He won`t win any more trophies playing for Arsenal than he will playing for Uniteds reserves .

Good point but Arsenal is not exactly an unattractive place to play for an ex Dortmund star who has had a bad experience at a big club like United. London is still attractive, Wenger is still highly regarded, Arsenal plays the kind of football that fits him, he will be guaranteed playing time, and Auba is likely going to be joining him from Dortmund. If Arsenal can pay his wages, I see no reason why Miki wouldn't want to play for Arsenal. He comes across as a guy who is happy to keep things simple and enjoy his football.

Live in London
Play in a massive and very nice stadium
Play good football (which they'll be doing again in a few matches)
Manager who develops players
Less pressure

If he stays here after this, Mourinho will freeze him out (rightly), and then move him on anywhere he can in a few months.

This is a great move for Mkhi. And Arsenal would be a great club for him.
Well I can see you are trying to make it look a bit more appealing but the truth is since he has been in the premier league he has seen Arsenal drop down the pecking order , fans desperate for the manager to leave , booing players , protesting at matches and singing you`re not fit to wear the shirt . He may decide it is better to be frozen out until the summer and look for a better move then .
For United and the Alexis deal it would be great if he just went now but it might not be what he wants for himself .

Huge contract for a 29yr old who plays his best on the left where Martial plays. I suspect we'll have to play Sanchez on the right, which he can do. Which makes a Luca Moura/Bale deal unlikely.
I think he is best as a forward and support striker he could be a beast. Zlatan got a huge contract and was 36. RVP was 29 and injury prone.
Jose clearly doesn't rate Miki so represents an ok deal, not fantastic. Sanchez will decline in a year or so due to his age. And he strikes me as a down tools kinda guy, so lets hope he stays happy during his stay here or he'll stink the place out with his attitude.
No reason to suspect this. He could be entering his prime. just 6 months ago he was on 24 EPL goals.
We need to get the best out of him for 2-3 years and ship him off to china or America who will pay his high wages. Hopefully it works out good.

I think miki will excel and prove what a good player he is. Shame it hasn't worked for him here

You realise when people are in their prime and decline isn't set in stone, right?
People said Zlatan is too old too. Its ludicrous. Back in the day Real broke a world record for 29 year old Zidane and 28 year old Figo. If a player is world class, does not matter when you get them, so long as they haven't already past it.
It gets even better. Sanchez just turned 29 on 19th Dec, whilst Mkhi is about to turn 29 on 21st Jan. So basilly there is a month between them
They would be classmates. People are idiots.

He has been playing in 2018 thus far. I think when Mata plays we have a fluidity to our game and he keeps the ball moving. I think Mata is massively under rated on here

I agree.

We should keep him as a squad / impact player.

Mikhi, Auba , Ozil , Laca is still a tasty line up.
Think Mikhi will excel under wenger and will surprise lot of us.

nah i disagree

Barca had been tapping up Verrati since Xavi left and the summer before they really tried hard and upset the player according to PSG.

So that entire year PSG identified Neymar as the player they wanted as revenge and spent an entire year convincing him to leave
That's a complete myth my friend. They've been trying to sign Neymar the previous summer (summer 2016). Neymar wanting to have a bigger role wasn't a new thing in the past summer, this is why they've been working behind doors for a long time. Guys who work at the club have attested to that. I'm not gonna pretend to know better than them.

PSG spent an entire year turning neymars head, if neymar just wanted to leave Barca because of being in Messis shadow then he would have gone to a bigger club then PSG.
All top 5/6 European giants would have been in the market for him.
No club was ready to pay his clause. That was the only way to get him because Barca were never considering any offers

Status
Not open for further replies.