Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality control
This has been an enriching exchange. All the best.
At no point did I not understand what you meant, I just found the wording of your original post amusing.

Then I wanted to see how long you would go with just the Ok response. 3 messages showed good control. I had one guy go on for about 20 messages, just riling himself up. I do wonder if he's still arguing with himself to this day.

Funny game at times football, 18 months ago Mkhi was seen as one of the best attacking midfielders in world football whilst Sanchez came off the back of a fairly underwhelming second season for Arsenal. Be interesting to see how this move pans out for both players (providing it goes through of course)

At no point did I not understand what you meant, I just found the wording of your original post amusing.

Then I wanted to see how long you would go with just the Ok response. 3 messages showed good control. I had one guy go on for about 20 messages, just riling himself up. I do wonder if he's still arguing with himself to this day.

I reckon you're just trying to get into the top posters in the thread.

Had a few poor games. fecks sake our fans have become entitled little cnuts, like City supporters. What happened to giving a player time to have a bad spell.
What have we become.
I agree with the sentiment, but it’s been more than a few. I think, like Nani, Mkhi is too dependent on mood and «feel». Several players, current and former, have said they never understood the pressure of ManUtd before they joined.

At a juggernaut like this club you simply have to have a very tough mentality, which it seems he lacks. His footballing ability has been proven in his short stint here. I absolutely do not understand or agree with the hate he gets from our own.

My aspirations in life are generally low, but not that low.

Gotcha. #1 or nothing.

Anyway, I'm going super off topic now. I don't want a threadban or I might have to work for the next... 37 minutes.

dont want to see mkhi leave, he's not done it consistently but to have depth in our attack to call upon a player that can produce moments of brilliance is something we need to compete with man city and their attacking talent.

Chelsea fan here, you're getting Sanchez, don't worry.
I only 3 posts today, so I'll reply to some but just so you know, the general mood around the Chelsea fanbase is that we're almost completely confident we're not getting him.

Had a few poor games. fecks sake our fans have become entitled little cnuts, like City supporters. What happened to giving a player time to have a bad spell.
What have we become.

What the hell are you actually talking about?

I’m not abusing the guy or wishing any ill on him, just pointing out that he hasn’t been anywhere near the standard required. Lingard, Mata, Rashford etc. are all deservedly ahead of him in the pecking order. There’s a reason he’s been excluded from most match day squads over the last few months and a reason we’re quite willing, even quite eager to part ways.

Nothing entitled about it. Stop being so dramatic ffs.

People really are underrating Miki and this situation. Miki has several years left on his contract, while Sanchez only has about 5 months and will be free. Miki is easily worth as much as Sanchez in these circumstances. The only reason why Miki isn't worth a lot more is his relatively high wage demands that Arsenal likely won't match, which will lower his transfer fee.
Basically this. I’m surprised how this is not bleedingly obvious. I think a straightforward swap deal is the best deal for both parties.

Sanchez leaving Arsenal because of wages
Mkhi on high wages needs to agree terms
You feel either Mkhi takes a pay cut or this thing don't happen

dont want to see mkhi leave, he's not done it consistently but to have depth in our attack to call upon a player that can produce moments of brilliance is something we need to compete with man city and their attacking talent.
Even when this attaching brilliance was last seen in August?

If this happens, its a brilliant deal in my view. I like Mkhi but he's been a terrible fit for what Jose wants from his attacking players. He's a good player but not great and never will be great....his style does fit the Gunners better though.

Some of the Arsenal fans are going on as if Mkhi is Bebe standard. He's still a good player but then Sanchez is twice better

He's not playing and showed multiple times he's not someone to depend on, either as a starter or a sub. Replacing him with a top player that's going to play consistently is the best for everyone.

Can anyone really blame Miki for not wanting to go to Arsenal though , if I were him I would just say that I want to fight for my place at United even if Jose has told him he is not in their plans . He won`t win any more trophies playing for Arsenal than he will playing for Uniteds reserves .

Some of the Arsenal fans are going on as if Mkhi is Bebe standard. He's still a good player but then Sanchez is twice better
Mkhitaryan has been playing at Bebe's standard, that's why everyone wants rid of him

Or we pay the difference

By far the most likely scenario.

I don't see us holding back financially from this point - I never thought we'd get Sanchez but it's got to a point where it would be a pretty catastrophic blow psychologically to lose out on him. We've done the hard part of this deal and got Sanchez on board - Whatever else needs to be done will be taken care of to ensure it gets over the line.

Nah, PSG were after Neymar for at least a whole year before they signed him. This "revenge" thing from PSG is pure fiction.
nah i disagree

Barca had been tapping up Verrati since Xavi left and the summer before they really tried hard and upset the player according to PSG.

So that entire year PSG identified Neymar as the player they wanted as revenge and spent an entire year convincing him to leave

But he doesn’t bring any moments if brilliance, very rarely anyway. Better to swap him for a player who is one of the best attackers in the league. Then bring someone else in, in the summer. Griezmann or Dybala would be nice. Even Ozil would be good.

Lukaku
Martial Sanchez Lingard
Matic Pogba
Shaw Jones Smalling Valencia
deGea
I don't have a point to make it felt good typing out that line up. :drool:
Lingard on the right wing?
Pogba on the right of a two man midfield?
Jones and Smalling at centre back?

That’s a very iffy looking line up.

Can anyone really blame Miki for not wanting to go to Arsenal though , if I were him I would just say that I want to fight for my place at United even if Jose has told him he is not in their plans . He won`t win any more trophies playing for Arsenal than he will playing for Uniteds reserves .
But its a family that doesnt want you vs. a family that wants you sort of.

nah i disagree

Barca had been tapping up Verrati since Xavi left and the summer before they really tried hard and upset the player according to PSG.

So that entire year PSG identified Neymar as the player they wanted as revenge and spent an entire year convincing him to leave
Neymar wanted to leave, he didn't need convincing. Pretty much all parties have indirectly admitted that. He moved because he didn't want to spend his career in Messi's shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.