Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhikitaryan would be a terrific player for Wenger's side. I'm a huge fan of Mhiki and wanted him to succeed here but it's just so happens that he just doesn't fit Jose's philosophy. Hopefully Raiola doesn't create some sort of issue with regards to wages and prevent the deal from going through. I honestly think we wouldn't have gotten much for Mhiki given his age and current form. In all, I think both parties (Arsenal and United) benefited in the end. United are getting a player that fits in well and so does Arsenal. In fact, Arsenal are getting a quality player without having to get the money and actually buying one after. They could have easily lost Sanchez for free over the summer. They almost got Mhiki for free if you look at it.

Agreed on all counts. If there's one thing Wenger is good at, it's at incorporating attacking players better than most managers. His teams lack at conceding, not attacking.

So Di Marzio's man on the inside was Raiola all along. Wonder if Mino strategically leaked the details to put pressure on United to get it done so he can squeeze the maximum out of the deal?

Wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who told City that Chelsea were in the running.

Hilarious that this has been going on so long and there were City sat feeling smug that Sanchez was in the bag, they were even briefing 24hrs after the first leak that 'he wants to play for Pep'.

Credit to their PR team for convincing the media they were in control all along though.

So Di Marzio's man on the inside was Raiola all along. Wonder if Mino strategically leaked the details to put pressure on United to get it done so he can squeeze the maximum out of the deal?

Hilarious that this has been going on so long and there were City sat feeling smug that Sanchez was in the bag, they were even briefing 24hrs after the first leak that 'he wants to play for Pep'.

Credit to their PR team for convincing the media they were in control all along though.

My City supporting housemate does this every time. Every player that City are interested in wants to play for Pep. Like he's Jesus. Like players are flocking from all over the world to the Etihad like it's some kind of Mecca begging Pep for the chance to be shown how to kick the ball a certain way. He was adamant that Dani Alves was going to turn down more money at PSG as well because he wanted to play for Pep and look what happened there.

Do people genuinely believe once a player hits 30 they decline? If they do they must have a very simple view of the world.

It's not really anything to do with that it's to do with your style of play. Alexis Sanchez is a 100mph type of player everything he does is with speed and agrresion a lot of his skill is based on his physical attributes. It's not to say he will start to decline at 30 it's just that he's likely to suffer a dip in things like sprints, acceleration, pressing etc around this age (could be later) . Compare this to say a Mesut Ozil like, who's skill is very much in the process of his footballing brain and the positions he takes up on the pitch - it's less likely that physical elements are going to affect them. Some players can improve with age because they get a better understanding of the game. Some have to adapt there game.

Lukaku
Martial Sanchez Lingard
Matic Pogba
Shaw Jones Smalling Valencia
deGea
I don't have a point to make it felt good typing out that line up. :drool:

So Mki is 29 next week. He is around one month younger than Sanchez. This is a cracking deal for us.

We get arguably their best player, they get Lingard/ Mata's understudy. I think both clubs are getting a player who don't really suit their systems.

I mean, it's a bad deal for them because they never should have let it get to this point with Sanchez's contract, but given the circumstances, it's a decent deal.

That's the way I see it. I thought he should have maybe been sold last time but I can see why people thought he'd be worth keeping - he's always been an Energiser Bunny and I wasn't expecting him to be relatively lacklustre this season.

As others have said, Chile's problems might have hit him hard. Had it not been for those maybe the gamble would have paid off. Maybe.

But this deal looks like it might salvage more from the situation than expected.

It's amazing to see pundits like Hargreaves and the like saying Wenger shoudn't sell us Sanchez as we're a direct competitor to Arsenal for top 4. We're 11 points ahead of Arsenal and Sanchez isn't putting a shift in for them. These same pundits reckon we're not competitors to City who are 12 points ahead of us. Is the difference between 11 and 12 points really so significant?

it doesn't. it just makes things easier for everyone if Mhki does agree to go.

Yeah this makes sense to me.

The situation at the club isn't that bad as everyone is making it out to be. I think one of the root causes of their problems on the pitch was Sanchez. The players didn't trust him and it was clear as day. Some players weren't passing to him (Ramsey for example), they hardly celebrated his goals with him and a lot of other players weren't happy with his antics in training either. Getting rid of him is better than keeping him around but I guess the perception of most players is that the team is regressing. They'd have to pay crazy wages get top players though.

I could see that, it sucks having a player on your team that isn't on the same level of spirit for you. It tough formulate winning attitudes.

I know you're having a joke but even still it seems Aubameyang is going to join them. I wonder why a player of his quality is willing to do so in the current environment? I guess it's still a step up from Dortmund right now particularly due to being side-lined right now as result of apparent behavioural issues. That being said you'd think he might have some other offers to consider.

I still think Arsenal in terms of a career move is more lucrative than Dortmund. Playing in the Premier league is the current place to be, get you most exposure and some extra revenue. But who know's players have their own thoughts as well and they may think its a better move for them in the long term.

You're not living in the same reality as me then. United may have historically given their players away for peanuts but thankfully that's stopped post-Fergie.

If AOC goes to Liverpool for £40m, then you can clearly sell Miki (even stinking the place out as he has recently) for £30-40m regardless of his wages.

If United give Arsenal Miki AND cash, Arsenal have done very well out of that deal (with the current circumstances anyway).

The issue with us selling is any want away player leaving us will only take a step down and to demand them to pay £35m would be tough. But I also raised the same point to yours when I said we should not be over generous and desperate to give away mkhi for nothing. I still don't think it will be a straight swap as we will end up paying some cash but of it is a straight swap then we have struck gold.

Some may be. Some may also have actually watched him play this season.
Had a few poor games. fecks sake our fans have become entitled little cnuts, like City supporters. What happened to giving a player time to have a bad spell.
What have we become.

It's not really anything to do with that it's to do with your style of play. Alexis Sanchez is a 100mph type of player everything he does is with speed and agrresion a lot of his skill is based on his physical attributes. It's not to say he will start to decline at 30 it's just that he's likely to suffer a dip in things like sprints, acceleration, pressing etc around this age (could be later) . Compare this to say a Mesut Ozil like, who's skill is very much in the process of his footballing brain and the positions he takes up on the pitch - it's less likely that physical elements are going to affect them. Some players can improve with age because they get a better understanding of the game. Some have to adapt there game.
So what you’re saying is, we need to sign Ozil too? I’m on board with that :drool:

Riaola is the best agent. He's a dick but it's clear he gets the best for his clients.

Have nothing against Mkhi trying to get a better deal.

Had a few poor games. fecks sake our fans have become entitled little cnuts, like City supporters. What happened to giving a player time to have a bad spell.
What have we become.

He's been playing for us for a year and a half, very inconsistent for most of that period. He has the opportunity to go to a good team, with a manager that will suit him. We get a better player in return. In the current football climate, you improve or you stay behind. Rather get rid of an under performing player than becoming the next Liverpool.

What have we become.

Nothing has changed, it's always been like this. He has been given plenty of time and has been abject for far to many games to be given any more. SAF was just as ruthless

I don't know what you're struggling to understand :lol:

Losing Sanchez for Mkhi is, generally speaking, a bad deal, and it's Arsenal's fault for letting it get to that point, but given the circumstances of having a toxic player in the team who will leave for nothing in 6 months, getting shot of him now and getting a player back, is a decent deal.

I don't know what you're struggling to understand :lol:

Losing Sanchez for Mkhi is, generally speaking, a bad deal, and it's Arsenal's fault for letting it get to that point, but given the circumstances of having a toxic player in the team who will leave for nothing in 6 months, getting shot of him now and getting a player back, is a decent deal.

Ok.

Arsenal Mania is funny at the moment, various people losing their collective shit.....

Sackable offense number 27876543829 from Wenger for actually want this fat farmer.

Straight swap? I’ll kill a baby if that happens.

Straight swap makes sense. Suits all parties involved. (from a Utd fan)
Yes. We get a fat kebab restaurant owner on high wages and you'll get one of the best players in the league.
Now **** off.

Arsenal Mania is funny at the moment, various people losing their collective shit.....

Sackable offense number 27876543829 from Wenger for actually want this fat farmer.

Straight swap? I’ll kill a baby if that happens.

Straight swap makes sense. Suits all parties involved. (from a Utd fan)
Yes. We get a fat kebab restaurant owner on high wages and you'll get one of the best players in the league.
Now **** off.

Is this the moment when Arsenal Mania turns into BlueMoon?

Nothing has changed, it's always been like this. He has been given plenty of time and has been abject for far to many games to be given any more. SAF was just as ruthless

Yep. You are only as good as your last game (or at least 10 games) and Mhiki has been consistently terrible for the last months. SAF was probably more ruthless in his prime. I've got no issues seeing him leave the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.