Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
With title change, I thought it is some very credible source reporting it. Is it just Sky reporting it?

Sanchez will decline in a year or so due to his age...I think miki will excel and prove what a good player he is.

So Sanchez will decline due to age, while Mkhitaryan, who is a whopping six weeks younger, will now show his worth.

Mhikitaryan would be a terrific player for Wenger's side. I'm a huge fan of Mhiki and wanted him to succeed here but it's just so happens that he just doesn't fit Jose's philosophy.
Really? Arsenals game is a lot more controlled possession based than ours. I don't think that suits him at all because he's not very intricate and intelligent with his play. I think he'd be a lot more suited to Liverpool.

Sanchez is 29 which is almost 30, which means he is on the decline. Mkhitaryan is 28 which is close to 27, which means he's in his prime.

Mhikitaryan would be a terrific player for Wenger's side. I'm a huge fan of Mhiki and wanted him to succeed here but it's just so happens that he just doesn't fit Jose's philosophy. Hopefully Raiola doesn't create some sort of issue with regards to wages and prevent the deal from going through. I honestly think we wouldn't have gotten much for Mhiki given his age and current form. In all, I think both parties (Arsenal and United) benefited in the end. United are getting a player that fits in well and so does Arsenal. In fact, Arsenal are getting a quality player without having to get the money and actually buying one after. They could have easily lost Sanchez for free over the summer. They almost got Mhiki for free if you look at it.

True

Huge contract for a 29yr old who plays his best on the left where Martial plays. I suspect we'll have to play Sanchez on the right, which he can do. Which makes a Luca Moura/Bale deal unlikely.

Jose clearly doesn't rate Miki so represents an ok deal, not fantastic. Sanchez will decline in a year or so due to his age. And he strikes me as a down tools kinda guy, so lets hope he stays happy during his stay here or he'll stink the place out with his attitude.

We need to get the best out of him for 2-3 years and ship him off to china or America who will pay his high wages. Hopefully it works out good.

I think miki will excel and prove what a good player he is. Shame it hasn't worked for him here
Impossible to tell when he will start declining due to age, or whether it's already started and his indifferent form this season isn't just because he downed tools for Arsenal. But I feel that certain transfer muppets aren't concerned about his age at all, they just want the deal to happen at any price ASAP.

I genuinely feel for Mkhi. He's just looked like he's beaten down playing for us. The pressure and the weight of playing for a club like us in the PL is proving to be a huge challenge for him. The problem for him though is that the burden won't get better if he goes to arsenal either because Wenger and their entire team is under pressure from their fan base. So, I don't know how much time Mkhi would have before he's being boo'ed over there.

It's actually pretty nice for Arsenal.

Rather than lose a player for nothing in Summer, who they want out of the door anyway because of his negative effect on the dressing room, they're getting a player to replace him.

I mean, it's a bad deal for them because they never should have let it get to this point with Sanchez's contract, but given the circumstances, it's a decent deal.

Is thay Nigerian outlet an honorary member of the approved journalist list? :lol:

I genuinely feel for Mkhi. He's just looked like he's beaten down playing for us. The pressure and the weight of playing for a club like us in the PL is proving to be a huge challenge for him. The problem for him though is that the burden won't get better if he goes to arsenal either because Wenger and their entire team is under pressure from their fan base. So, I don't know how much time Mkhi would have before he's being boo'ed over there.

While i agree to some of the points, the expectation at Arsenal is much lower than at United.There it's okay for a player get a CL spot and a occasional cup and feel good about that. In comparison, we won two trophies last season and still it was not a great season. Plus he get to play with Auba if a Arsenal could strike a deal. I believe not all is lost for him there.

Huge contract for a 29yr old who plays his best on the left where Martial plays. I suspect we'll have to play Sanchez on the right, which he can do. Which makes a Luca Moura/Bale deal unlikely.

Jose clearly doesn't rate Miki so represents an ok deal, not fantastic. Sanchez will decline in a year or so due to his age. And he strikes me as a down tools kinda guy, so lets hope he stays happy during his stay here or he'll stink the place out with his attitude.

We need to get the best out of him for 2-3 years and ship him off to china or America who will pay his high wages. Hopefully it works out good.

I think miki will excel and prove what a good player he is. Shame it hasn't worked for him here

Do people genuinely believe once a player hits 30 they decline? If they do they must have a very simple view of the world.

If Raiola says he proposed the swap 6 weeks ago, that means Mkhi is on board with joining Arsenal.

Let me put to bed the idea that Sanchez excels on the right. He doesn't. His best positions are in the center or to the left. His time at the right for Arsenal was his least productive. Why would you throw away the experimentation at a previous club just to start again.

If Raiola says he proposed the swap 6 weeks ago, that means Mkhi is on board with joining Arsenal.

Was just about to say this... A lot of posturing going on and Raoila has to look after his client but this is not to do with whether Mkhi wants to go to Arsenal it's to do with the wages he will get there and the agent fee Raoila will get.

Straight swap would put it up there as one of the most ridiculous transfers of the modern era

Status
Not open for further replies.