Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor peppy needs to be promised a new toy because another boy took the shiny one he wanted. He will stamp his feet if he doesnt get a better and shinier one.
City need to outspend us at all costs. Otherwise Pep will throw his toys out of the pram and quit.

No. If he doesn't sign, nothing happens. Sanchez to City was a foregone conclusion ages ago. No one at the club or even fans were expecting the season to be pinned on Sanchez signing.
Only a bunch of journos would look like fools for "Money United"

Thats why i said lots of ego will fall because not only the credible journos like dimarzio would look like a fool but us as fans and club would also look like a fool.

Sanchez is available and its not even a rumor, even wenger has admitted it.

Why i said club would also look like a fool, just imagine if in this transfer window, there are player that available and gettable like Sanche7 and Mahre7 and we opt to sign PSG reject (Lucas Moura) instead.

Well, I think City will win the league the next couple of years. According to wiki, he's got one league title over his career, so I'm sure he'd like to increase that. And yes, I do think the chances of winning the CL with City are better. While Mourinho's definitely a brilliant manager, I also think he'll be gone at the latest in the summer of 2019.

As for the money goes, do United really pay better? If that's the case, then they're certainly in it.
Anything else you want to add while you have your crystal ball? You do realize that Pep has never stayed at a club longer than 3 years. Not even at his club where he was adored as a player and manager.

Moreover you have ZERO clue what Sanchez or any attacking player thinks about playing for Mourinho. Yet you keep assuming and talking as if Pep is the one manager all players will choose above others.

Good to have Alex Shaw on our side. Rest of the scum journalists only want to make money, regardless of their allegiances.
Great article and spot on .. i.e. if Sanchez justs wants the money he can de-camp to China for one last unbelievable pay cheque. The guy is a fighter and maybe being 'the' main man at United appeals to him as does the chance to challenge City next season.. and the Pep 'love in' is just a media invention rather than actual fact.

Well, I think City will win the league the next couple of years. According to wiki, he's got one league title over his career, so I'm sure he'd like to increase that. And yes, I do think the chances of winning the CL with City are better. While Mourinho's definitely a brilliant manager, I also think he'll be gone at the latest in the summer of 2019.

As for the money goes, do United really pay better? If that's the case, then they're certainly in it.
He's 29, in the last 3 years he's won a trophy probably worth to him as much as 10 PL titles - twice. As much as people want to pretend like city are going to dominate football for the forseeable, the plain truth is there really isn't that much difference between them and united when it comes to chances of winning the CL.

And going by Di Marzio's report and the latest about united's offer, by signing now for United Alexis stands to earn £10m more(total) than if he signed for city in the summer

It's a no brainer

He's 29, in the last 3 years he's won a trophy probably worth to him as much as 10 PL titles - twice. As much as people want to pretend like city are going to dominate football for the forseeable, the plain truth is there really isn't that much difference between them and united when it comes to chances of winning the CL.

And going by Di Marzio's report and the latest about united's offer, by signing now for United Alexis stands to earn £10m more(total) than if he signed for city in the summer

It's a no brainer

What does this mean?

Anything else you want to add while you have your crystal ball? You do realize that Pep has never stayed at a club longer than 3 years. Not even at his club where he was adored as a player and manager.

Moreover you have ZERO clue what Sanchez or any attacking player thinks about playing for Mourinho. Yet you keep assuming and talking as if Pep is the one manager all players will choose above others.

I don't have a crystal ball and none of us know anything about what any professional footballer thinks. We can only guess, and thats what I did and why I wrote "I also think". If you're not allowed to speculate, then 90% of the posts on here should be deleted.

I never said all players would prefer playing for Pep, btw. I'm guessing that an all out attacker like Sanchez does, though.

Last edited:

He doesn't think that. Klopp is up there with Pep. I'm curious who he thinks players would choose between Pep and Klopp.

By the way, for those who had doubts, Casillero del Diablo is a chilean wine :D

Its genuinely annoying me now this idea that Man City is the romantic choice and United the money choice, and its quickly become the general consensus everywhere I read. I have never seen such widespread bitterness and delusion in my entire life. Souness has said it, carragher, ballague. Everywhere you read its stated as fact. Are Man City the only club who are allowed to build for a successful future now? What happened to everyone being proud of the PL being the most competitive in the world? It seems every man and his dog just couldn't bear the thought of United buying a world class player from under city's oil money fuelled noses. If this was the other way round, the media would be having a field day with Pep beating Mourinho to a target. If we want to pay more to get our man, whats the problem? Firstly, its our god damn money that we made ourselves, secondly surely that shows intent and shows that for once the board look to be prioritising on field matters over profit. Why is nobody picking this up? The bitterness and bias is exhausting. We are the most resilient fans on earth with the amount of pure BS said against us daily. I hope we see this over the line now. O guarantee if City come back in and meet Arsenals asking price and his wage demands, nobody will be saying he moved for money. Angers me

There should be a better and/or younger alternative than Sanchez. The team needs a younger core imo
We already have a bunch of young players especially in our attack. What we need is a few more experienced players to help Martial, rashford, and even lukaku and Pogba. All 24 or under. Lingard is 25 but he's still relatively inexperienced because of his late development.

It's a no brainer

Copa? Even so, I doubt him winning the Copa means he doesn't care about winning the PL or CL.

Either way, we'll see soon enough. I hope to feck he's not going to United:lol:

Why i said club would also look like a fool, just imagine if in this transfer window, there are player that available and gettable like Sanche7 and Mahre7 and we opt to sign PSG reject (Lucas Moura) instead.
If we sign Moura, I would believe it'll be because Jose sees some use of Moura in his plans and not because we were not capable of signing anyone else.

Gettable is a relative term. Right now the only thing between our offer and City offer is money, but if he doesn't wanna take the extra money, there is hardly anything we could do. Sanchez chose Arsenal in 2014, as he was pretty sure that he wants to move to a team in UCL only. There was nothing we could do at that time too.

Have a mixed feelings about it, if i'm honest.
You know there was a time, not so long ago, when players went to United having had better financial offers from elsewhere. Now it seems we can only buy our way out of trouble. It's like we switched sides with City of 2012.
I am not sure that taking players like Ibra, Sanchez offering then 150% of what they would earn anywhere else is a viable strategy. Sanchez is 29 also. But then again he is a proven player. And even with all his troubles, still one of the best currently in the league.

Well, money stuff is one, the lesser worry. The main worry is the what i call "Pogba/Di Maria situation". When you pay more than 50m for the player, you have to know exactly the position and role he will play. There must be no ambiguity about it. When we bought Di Maria, we used him as a winger, then as a AM, as a second forward. That's just silly. Some might say, that was before, but i am not seeing it. We bought Pogba and it's the same problem. His roles and positions are all over the midfield place. Sanchez is not Lukaku, who has like an obvious position and role on the field and it's tough to mess it up. Sanchez is a special player than way. He prefers and can shine in a sort of a free position. Will he be able to play as a winger in our 4-2-3-1 formation? Not really sure, probably would not be his preferred spot. He is very dangerous inside the box. Will he able to play a AM/SS in the same formation with a midfield trio Pogba-Sanchez-Matic. Again, maybe but than midfield might just be too weak and exposed. The truth is Sanchez's best position is something like an AM in say 3-4-2-1 formation. Kind of between the side and the center, so he has extra help in those areas and can roam. Now will Jose change the formation? And even if so, will it suit our players?
Of course Sanchez can also be quite effective in a 4-3-3. But honestly i will never believe Jose has the balls to play 4-3-3, i've never seen him do that. It's always 4-2-3-1 with him, with wingers are not really forwards who do defensive work by pressing high, but more of a midfielders who are going deeper to defend.
I trust Mourinho's judgment on this so I'm optimistic but that's a very fair assessment.

There should be a better and/or younger alternative than Sanchez. The team needs a younger core imo

We have plenty of young talented players. Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Lingard are all young players still learning their trade. Even Pogba for how complete he is, is still really young in terms of midfielders. Now is the time to being in a true world class attacker who we know is doing to deliver and bring others along.

No , this squad needs exactly this. Player at his peak. We have only valencia as a player who needs to be replaced. Most of squad are 24-28 years old. Ddg, bailly, jones, pogba, lingard, lukaku plus rashford, martial, mensah, tuanzebe, pereira....
Future is bright. We need class. Now.

Have to disagree, we have rashford, martial, pogba, lukaku, pereira, even in defense Shaw (if he stays fit), Bailly, Lindelof.

We need an established player or two actually, look at matic for example, he transformed our team.

Reactions: Varun
If City don’t get Sanchez, they’ve said they’ll get someone else.

If we don’t get him, are we also going to look elsewhere?
No. Jose said he would sign someone in January if it was a special kind of signing. If we don't get him we will wait until the summer. Then likely be up against City and the usual suspects again.:(

I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan right now, it's bad enough knowing your best player wants out, as well as the second best player, and even a bench warmer - but it genuinely looks like he's going to one of their main rivals for a CL space.

Him going to City makes sense, they're gonna win the league regardless and Arsenal have a snowballs chance in hell of competing with them, but hugely strengthening a rival, one that looks like it could be caught and taken over is just madness. Sanchez will add another dimension to United, you lot will be much much stronger with him and be nailed on for second place. I'm sure the twits on AFTV will be acutely aware of this so they're gonna lose their shit over such a ridiculously moronic decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.