Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mkhi was part of the deal, He wouldnt be in the squad. I think it is more the case of convincing mkhi to go there instead of paying cash.I also think Arsenal will want a replacement in first to calm down the fanbase. Globesporte are usually reliable in case of Brazillian players. Malcom will be one replacement. I think United's deal will go through after this is done.

If he's any good, we'll probably sign him on a free at the end of this contract anyway. :lol:

That's your opinion and I'm not entering a Mourinho vs Pep comparison now. I'm just stating that Sanchez had already played under Pep and it wasn't actually that great experience.

Of course. I have no way of knowing what goes through Sanchez' mind. I only know what I'd choose.

Swap deals only happens in US Sports and Italy. It's not feasible and Mkhitaryan is going no where

He was crap at Tika taka... that’s why he’s at Arsenal now. Mourinho’s roboost style will do him just fine.

I hear Sharwood talking like he won’t enjoy United’s training. I mean WTF, if we do get him someone needs to have a real dig at these ABU pundits.

I know I'm probably just going crazy but what are the chances this whole thing was setup by City's media department?

1) Chase Sanchez all year
2) Pretend Arsenal is asking for too much money
3) Setup the story that it's between choosing between playing with pep and winning trophies vs. money
4) Back out of deal so United looks set to capture
5) Sanchez at last minute decides football is more important than money (to go along with the narrative)
6) He joins City

City come out of it looking amazing. Their setup of them being a big club finally exists with a player choosing them over money. They get one over on United at the same time

From SSN Transfer Centre;

UTD OFFER SANCHEZ £350K PER WEEK

Manchester United are prepared to pay Alexis Sanchez more than £350,000 per week, as the club lead the chase to sign the Chilean.

Sky Sports News understands United are confident of completing a £35m deal to sign Sanchez in front of rivals Man City.

One source has told Sky Sports News that, in fact, City have all but given up on signing a player they had agreed a £60m deal for in the summer but did not arrive because of Arsenal's failure to land Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

Arsenal would also prefer Sanchez to move to Old Trafford because United are willing to let Henrikh Mkhitaryan go to the Emirates as part of the deal.

I know I'm probably just going crazy but what are the chances this whole thing was setup by City's media department?

1) Chase Sanchez all year
2) Pretend Arsenal is asking for too much money
3) Setup the story that it's between choosing between playing with pep and winning trophies vs. money
4) Back out of deal so United looks set to capture
5) Sanchez at last minute decides football is more important than money (to go along with the narrative)
6) He joins City

City come out of it looking amazing. Their setup of them being a big club finally exists with a player choosing them over money. They get one over on United at the same time
Mourinho pretty much declared our interest, he wouldn't have done so if there wasn't serious talk happening. It's not his style unless he is confident.

Every Journo is guessing now, and nothing concrete since that Di Marzio tweet from yesterday when asked about us negotiating Sanchez and he answered "I think so". Today I won't be surprised if we find him in the stands,and before the game starts with one or two hours this place is gonna explode. Hopefully with joy.

If City are actually interested, it's difficult imagining him choosing you. While you are the by far the bigger club historically, he's 29 and much more likely to win a big title at City than at United. For a player like him, it's probably also more tempting to play for Pep than Mourinho.

The whole ‘Sanchez is desperate to play under Pep again’ thing is media driven nonsense as he played 20 games under Pep, was subbed in 14 of them and struggled stylistically BUT the media would have you believe it’s a love affair that all are desperate to rekindle.

Sky Sports News and BBC Sport are reporting that Man City have all but given up and it’ll all be sorted by tomorrow morning, I trust those two sources as well as Di Marzio more than anyone else or other sources.

Hope he (sanchez) will be unveilled before the stoke match. This transfer is too big to fail. Lots of ego will fall.

Imagine if he signs for city....i fear of mkhi future.

If City are actually interested, it's difficult imagining him choosing you. While you are the by far the bigger club historically, he's 29 and much more likely to win a big title at City than at United. For a player like him, it's probably also more tempting to play for Pep than Mourinho.
You're overthinking it. City might look more likely to win titles now, but the one title they're sure of winning is not the one he wants. United are really good, have a great manager, a lot of money, and with him they would reduce the gap to city. The chances of winning CL at city over the next 2-3 years aren't that much better than at United

He's 29, he's won the second biggest trophy he could win twice. Between city and united, what matters is who pays better. Simple as that

And it's united

Wow that's a miracle! he actually replied on something recent.

Or maybe not. The question was not specific. Maybe he means Sanchez moving to Barca from Udinese.

I have a question, when did this taking the piss out of Howard Nurse start?

The whole ‘Sanchez is desperate to play under Pep again’ thing is media driven nonsense as he played 20 games under Pep, was subbed in 14 of them and struggled stylistically BUT the media would have you believe it’s a love affair that all are desperate to rekindle.

Sky Sports News and BBC Sport are reporting that Man City have all but given up and it’ll all be sorted by tomorrow morning, I trust those two sources as well as Di Marzio more than anyone else or other sources.

I think City are hoping Sanchez refuses to move to United, that's basically it. I would imagine though that if United have a bid accepted City will match it.

Be happy people. We could be Chelsea and trying to sign Andy fecking Carroll on loan.

There’s momentum, and then there’s acting like Real Madrid would do well sign an Athletico target because they’re currently 10 points behind them in the table.

Our 4 years of post Fergie crisis have literally been more successful than either Liverpool or Arsenal’s last decade. This is exactly the kind of daft exaggeration I’m talking about. We’ve been out of the title race for little over a month and all of a sudden we’re a spent force in global football compared to the might and power of Manchester fecking City. What on Earth is happening?

Real Madrid have won the European cup 10 times. I wouldn’t be too worried about taking their aggressive stance to transfers!

We’ve been out of the title race for 4 years and you would be wrong to suggest we are in it now. Arsenal have been in the title race most years till March/ April until they implode, but for this exact reason no one sees them as lasting competition. In the last 4 years we have been flaky in form and rubbish in the league respective to United SAF era. This year is a lot closer and arguably as good if you ignore the City impact this year.

However, you can’t just ignore a record breaking year with a great balance of youth and experience and a hugely expensive team of top talent.

And in the European Cup well apart from a half decent Moyes run we haven’t done anything for a few years.

The point you are missing is we are on a fine balance. A signing like Sanchez puts us back in competition with the top clubs. In absence of a player of this quality we are a fringe club just ahead of Arsenal with no real chance of winning the major trophies. Yes City might implode next season and it’s a different story, but that doesn’t look likely.

I've never believed any of this Miki nonsense. Player swap deals are very rare in reality, they're nearly always just made up by journalist's. Unless there's a quote somewhere I've missed, and not just 'sources close' and ITK bollocks.

Glad i have stayed out of this thread. The state of some of the posts in here over the last 48HRS. Some people need to grow up and most of the others need to take a timeout from the internet for a few days.

Woodward is sorting out a dog food sponsorship; that's why we haven't announced him yet :devil:
Is anyone tracking the Craig Norwood photographer guy?

We could try ringing him up saying we need an urgent photograph of two labradors done today...

If he is available to do the shoot Sanchez is going to City.

If he can't make the shoot today then we are in the lead.

If he says - yes I was told to expect your call MR Sanchez... it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

Just the general trend of news coming out, from where it was last night to today where City are no longer ruled out, Mkhi thinks he's too good for Arsenal, etc.
Tbf, one of those things is based on speculation and the other is a human being having seen Arsenal play football, so I wouldn’t be getting too hysterical yet.

Utd got Pogba even though he had an offer from Madrid, Utd got Lukaku despite an offer from Chelsea.

That's the biggest club in the world and CL winners, the other team are the current PL champions.

This idea that players now universally prefer City over United is ignoring reality. Players are not so naive to base their decisions off one season where City are breaking records. Players want money, an opportunity to play in the biggest games (CL), to feel like they are contributing something special.

Sanchez walking into a PL medal will not be in his head whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.