Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer is too big to fail. Lots of ego will fall.
No. If he doesn't sign, nothing happens. Sanchez to City was a foregone conclusion ages ago. No one at the club or even fans were expecting the season to be pinned on Sanchez signing.
Only a bunch of journos would look like fools for "Money United"

Is anyone tracking the Craig Norwood photographer guy?

We could try ringing him up saying we need an urgent photograph of two labradors done today...

If he is available to do the shoot Sanchez is going to City.

If he can't make the shoot today then we are in the lead.

If he says - yes I was told to expect your call MR Sanchez... it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

Genius I say.

The transfer forum is a mental place

To be fair to everyone in here, this transfer window is utterly mental thus far, and could be about to get even more so.

VVD to Liverpool for 75m
Coutinho to Barca for 140m
Giggs becomes new Wales manager
Sanchez to City once replacement is signed
Sanchez to United not City! (possibly with Utd player going the other way)
Sanchez to City back on
Malcom to Arse
Carroll to Chelsea strong rumours

Meanwhile City lose their unbeaten run and Mourinho and Conte spar during pressers.

It's understandable everyone's a bit caught up in it all.

A little bit about negotiations.

Like a said before. Sanchez agent probably had all contract offers in his hands a couple of weeks ago. Wages, bonuses, contract length, incentives and so on. That’s probably why Sanchez has his family around him. You don’t take such a long term and big economical decision without consulting your nearest.

If the reports are correct that United first approached Sanchez a couple of month ago then the decision how much we are willing to offer was probably taken when the January transfer window was opened. I think it’s fair to think that Zlatans injury concerns probably helped United to be more flexible regarding Sanchez wage demands.

Regarding City I think the reasons why they backed off wasn’t because they didn’t want the player. Probably more because of FFP and financial restrictions. Getting him for free in the summer was probably the plan but when United stepped in and was willing to offer Arsenal a fee in January then City was left behind.

I assume that right now the financial part of the deal regarding Sanchez is already sealed. What’s left is Arsenal trying to buy a replacement, maybe involving Mhiki, maybe not.

Finally you can be sure that people with first hand knowledge about the deal don’t talk to media until both clubs release a final statement. We talk about maximum ten people. The only part who maybe can leak some sort of information is the player and his camp, for obvious reasons. Di Marzio probably got his information from Sanchez agent or family.

Regarding english media. As usual totally clueless. Any seasoned business man with more then two brain cells knows that whatever you do don’t leak info to these clowns if you want to continue to be successful.

Is anyone tracking the Craig Norwood photographer guy?

We could try ringing him up saying we need an urgent photograph of two labradors done today...

If he is available to do the shoot Sanchez is going to City.

If he can't make the shoot today then we are in the lead.

If he says - yes I was told to expect your call MR Sanchez... it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

Or you know...he might not be signing today but later on in the window.

Every Journo is guessing now, and nothing concrete since that Di Marzio tweet from yesterday when asked about us negotiating Sanchez and he answered "I think so". Today I won't be surprised if we find him in the stands,and before the game starts with one or two hours this place is gonna explode. Hopefully with joy.

Hope he (sanchez) will be unveilled before the stoke match. This transfer is too big to fail. Lots of ego will fall.

Imagine if he signs for city....i fear of mkhi future.

As nice as it would be, these sorts of things never happen.

You're overthinking it. City might look more likely to win titles now, but the one title they're sure of winning is not the one he wants. United are really good, have a great manager, a lot of money, and with him they would reduce the gap to city. The chances of winning CL at city over the next 2-3 years aren't that much better than at United

He's 29, he's won the second biggest trophy he could win twice. Between city and united, what matters is who pays better. Simple as that

And it's united

Well, I think City will win the league the next couple of years. According to wiki, he's got one league title over his career, so I'm sure he'd like to increase that. And yes, I do think the chances of winning the CL with City are better. While Mourinho's definitely a brilliant manager, I also think he'll be gone at the latest in the summer of 2019.

As for the money goes, do United really pay better? If that's the case, then they're certainly in it.

Whatever happens with this transfer, this January has been the most entertaining from United POV for like ever. I can't remember peak muppetry such as this.

To be fair to everyone in here, this transfer window is utterly mental thus far, and could be about to get even more so.

VVD to Liverpool for 75m
Coutinho to Barca for 140m
Giggs becomes new Wales manager
Sanchez to City once replacement is signed
Sanchez to United not City! (possibly with Utd player going the other way)
Sanchez to City back on
Malcom to Arse
Carroll to Chelsea strong rumours

Meanwhile City lose their unbeaten run and Mourinho and Conte spar during pressers.

It's understandable everyone's a bit caught up in it all.

It's more than understandable. That being said I've never taken much credence from transfer gurus and Twitter nonsense.

People were acting like this was a dove deal yesterday and now folks are actually texting me saying 'City are back in!'.

I'll accept that certain sources are more reliable that others...of course. It's hard to understand the confidence/despair. In reality nobody has much of a clue what's going on.

What's your take on it?

Glad i have stayed out of this thread. The state of some of the posts in here over the last 48HRS. Some people need to grow up and most of the others need to take a timeout from the internet for a few days.
Why? It's the excitement, and it's not like that every day or with every transfer, but we are about " hopefully " to sign one of the best players.

Whatever happens with this transfer, this January has been the most entertaining from United POV for like ever. I can't remember peak muppetry such as this.

Mata was pretty good for a January window. The chopper arriving and everything, plus all the Chelsea fans making videos saying he will never ever ever go to United, but he did, really quickly after we played them.

We weren't up against anyone for him though, so it was just pure fun. The media circus with this one is starting to get annoying.

I'm a blue and I'm certain he's yours now. City won't make him the highest paid player at ours with too many contracts to be rejigged such as KDB and Jesus, it'd be open season for the players agents. Your offer to both him and Arsenal was too good to pass up I suspect and he'll be announced tomorrow as the focus will be on the game today I suspect.

Mata was pretty good for a January window. The chopper arriving and everything, plus all the Chelsea fans making videos saying he will never ever ever go to United, but he did, really quickly after we played them.

We weren't up against anyone for him though, so it was just pure fun. The media circus with this one is starting to get annoying.

Oh yeah - forgot all about that. Woody getting his chopper out was brilliant. And Chevrolet announced the deal before anyone else.

To me this looks like City briefing the press again to make it seem like Sanchez really wanted to go to them but he's been offered ridiculous wages at United and is just desperate to leave Arsenal. I think they're trying to nail down a point that it was them that turned Sanchez down. I could be wrong of course but going by what reliable people like Di Marzio have said and that Sam Lee guy who is good when it comes to City news we're close to getting Sanchez and City aren't in the race anymore. The BBC even put out an article earlier saying we're in pole position.

Maybe the Sheikhs will say forget it we are not getting outbid. Pay the 35m...

If City don’t get Sanchez, they’ve said they’ll get someone else.

If we don’t get him, are we also going to look elsewhere?

Have a mixed feelings about it, if i'm honest.
You know there was a time, not so long ago, when players went to United having had better financial offers from elsewhere. Now it seems we can only buy our way out of trouble. It's like we switched sides with City of 2012.
I am not sure that taking players like Ibra, Sanchez offering then 150% of what they would earn anywhere else is a viable strategy. Sanchez is 29 also. But then again he is a proven player. And even with all his troubles, still one of the best currently in the league.

Well, money stuff is one, the lesser worry. The main worry is the what i call "Pogba/Di Maria situation". When you pay more than 50m for the player, you have to know exactly the position and role he will play. There must be no ambiguity about it. When we bought Di Maria, we used him as a winger, then as a AM, as a second forward. That's just silly. Some might say, that was before, but i am not seeing it. We bought Pogba and it's the same problem. His roles and positions are all over the midfield place. Sanchez is not Lukaku, who has like an obvious position and role on the field and it's tough to mess it up. Sanchez is a special player than way. He prefers and can shine in a sort of a free position. Will he be able to play as a winger in our 4-2-3-1 formation? Not really sure, probably would not be his preferred spot. He is very dangerous inside the box. Will he able to play a AM/SS in the same formation with a midfield trio Pogba-Sanchez-Matic. Again, maybe but than midfield might just be too weak and exposed. The truth is Sanchez's best position is something like an AM in say 3-4-2-1 formation. Kind of between the side and the center, so he has extra help in those areas and can roam. Now will Jose change the formation? And even if so, will it suit our players?
Of course Sanchez can also be quite effective in a 4-3-3. But honestly i will never believe Jose has the balls to play 4-3-3, i've never seen him do that. It's always 4-2-3-1 with him, with wingers are not really forwards who do defensive work by pressing high, but more of a midfielders who are going deeper to defend.

If City don’t get Sanchez, they’ve said they’ll get someone else.

If we don’t get him, are we also going to look elsewhere?
Prolly not until summer, going by what Mourinho said.

Have a mixed feelings about it, if i'm honest.
You know there was a time, not so long ago, when players went to United having had better financial offers from elsewhere. Now it seems we can only buy our way out of trouble. It's like we switched sides with City of 2012.
I am not sure that taking players like Ibra, Sanchez offering then 150% of what they would earn anywhere else is a viable strategy. Sanchez is 29 also. But then again he is a proven player. And even with all his troubles, still one of the best currently in the league.

Well, money stuff is one, the lesser worry. The main worry is the what i call "Pogba/Di Maria situation". When you pay more than 50m for the player, you have to know exactly the position and role he will play. There must be no ambiguity about it. When we bought Di Maria, we used him as a winger, then as a AM, as a second forward. That's just silly. Some might say, that was before, but i am not seeing it. We bought Pogba and it's the same problem. His roles and positions are all over the midfield place. Sanchez is not Lukaku, who has like an obvious position and role on the field and it's tough to mess it up. Sanchez is a special player than way. He prefers and can shine in a sort of a free position. Will he be able to play as a winger in our 4-2-3-1 formation? Not really sure, probably would not be his preferred spot. He is very dangerous inside the box. Will he able to play a AM/SS in the same formation with a midfield trio Pogba-Sanchez-Matic. Again, maybe but than midfield might just be too weak and exposed. The truth is Sanchez's best position is something like an AM in say 3-4-2-1 formation. Kind of between the side and the center, so he has extra help in those areas and can roam. Now will Jose change the formation? And even if so, will it suit our players?
Of course Sanchez can also be quite effective in a 4-3-3. But honestly i will never believe Jose has the balls to play 4-3-3, i've never seen him do that. It's always 4-2-3-1 with him, with wingers are not really forwards who do defensive work by pressing high, but more of a midfielders who are going deeper to defend.
So basically there is no upside to signing Alexis fecking Sanchez.

So many journos are neglecting Arsenal FC as an entity and their interests in this saga. City wanting him to run his contract down is something Arsenal are unwilling to facilitate, so doing business with United while putting subtle pressure on Sanchez is entirely congruent with their interest.

The likes of Theo telling Sanchez to feck off right now, also helps to force him to want away to what's available (not forgetting Arsenal wanting to maximize the fee) immediately.

This isn't just a case of City vs United and the question of his signing on fee. There's another vested party influencing matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.