Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mkhi was part of the deal, He wouldnt be in the squad. I think it is more the case of convincing mkhi to go there instead of paying cash.I also think Arsenal will want a replacement in first to calm down the fanbase. Globesporte are usually reliable in case of Brazillian players. Malcom will be one replacement. I think United's deal will go through after this is done.

Very nice.

I'm glad I'm a work today, seems to be a lot of nonsense floating around. Still confident we'll get him, Mourinho would have said feck all if there wasn't something happening.

Any chance we'll see Alexis in the starting line-up 2night or in the stands? hahaha
Probably the decision will be made tomorrow.

Fingers crossed we get him, and no way we are trading him for Martial.

Any chance we'll see Alexis in the starting line-up 2night or in the stands? hahaha
Probably the decision will be made tomorrow.

Fingers crossed we get him, and no way we are trading him for Martial.

No new players have to be registered before the weekend or at least couple of days before. He could be in the stands if we announce the deal obviously.

Imo it’s going to go one of two ways:

Within the next 48 hours

1) We announce him signing for us.
2) Arsenal announce he is staying with them until the summer (Which will mean he has chosen City).

Either way it will have nothing to do with money. As he will get a similar deal from city in the summer.

It’s going to come down to him choosing which club he wants.

It's dragged on way too much for him to stay back. He missed a game which Arsenal lost. There's no coming back from that. He'll be off this window, for sure.

Yeah but Jose didn't appoint Moyes. Fwiw, I'd be shocked but in football you never fecking know especially with links to Inter last summer. Just saying that in the off chance it did happen - I'm sure Jose would have his reasons.
And they could still be terrible reasons.

Hopefully it's not even considered by the club.

Dont think the Mkhitaryan deal will be tied to Sanchez tbh.

Will be more like what happened with Everton in the summer wrt Lukaku and Rooney. Arsenal will sign Malcom, we'll sign Sanchez, maybe a few days later they'll also sign Micky.

IF IF IF Mkhi is part of the deal, then is it a straight swap or is cash still involved?
We have no way of knowing, but I very much doubt we'd make our offer contingent on Mkhi joining them.

Mkhitaryan and wenger is a match made in heaven. They both seem to share the same fighting spirit and tenacity to win trophies

"Drags on?" We only learned of our interest less than a week ago :lol: And Wenger just said it'll be done in under 48 hours

Wenger also said it could happen at 'any moment'. I did think this would / will be announced before Stoke and he will be pictured in the directors box tonight etc.

If that isn't the case, I would be getting slightly worried that something has changed. With Miki now seemingly not part of any potential deal, I can't see what the hold up would be.

Just my opinion, not trying to be negative.

Look i wouldn't be suprised if City do try to come back in, it could happen but at the same time these things take a while , Utd never do things simply or to the pace Caf members would like, everyone knows transfers tend to go the other way round now where you discuss with the player first etc, i imagine most of the financials are sorted from our point of view but we are awaiting on arsenal to have a replacement lined up before we get it over the line, there is then all the build up to announcing such a signing- photoshoots, cringey twitter announcements , maybe even a press conference for someone of his stature, i think at best you can hope for a fee agreed announcement before the game tonight or just after with 'depending on a medical and personal terms being agreed' which is just guff for saying its practically done , and even then you will have a the media saying City still think they have a chance, theirs a hold up over something etc and you'll all have heart attacks- i think more importantly we need 3 points tonight to go clear of scousers.

IF IF IF Mkhi is part of the deal, then is it a straight swap or is cash still involved?
Why people believe in that story with miki? Trades are in nba not in football. And every player is asset to club. Miki is 30 mil worth asset. So why would we give them 60-70 mil and his price is 30-35?

If mkhi was part of the deal, He wouldnt be in the squad. I think it is more the case of convincing mkhi to go there instead of paying cash.I also think Arsenal will want a replacement in first to calm down the fanbase. Globesporte are usually reliable in case of Brazillian players. Malcom will be one replacement. I think United's deal will go through after this is done.

I think people are more trying to find reasons as to why United suddenly have the upper hand. I'm not sure Arsenal need another player like him, they need goals. Aubameyang would be a much more likely signing to settle the fans.

From the tweets coming out, it's is becoming clearer that the 'sources' have not got a fecking clue & are hedging their bets, so, whatever happens, they can say "I told you that would happen!"

amen.

Oof that's got some weight behind it..

Manchester Megazump
'Money United's large financial package offer was thought to have done enough to sway Alexis Sanchez away from dream of a Premier League medal and the chance to play again for the genius manager. But like Aguero's last gasp goal at QPR that broke the wretched United fans' hearts, City has again won the battle for all that is good in football. Last minute showdown talks with the owner's highlighted the humanitarian duty to bring Alexis to the Ethidad and led to the Megazump we all thought we'd be denied by the money devil."

Yep. I think that's salty enough.

Just because you pat a player on the head and say "who's a good boy" doesn't mean you've tapped them up.

If City are actually interested, it's difficult imagining him choosing you. While you are the by far the bigger club historically, he's 29 and much more likely to win a big title at City than at United. For a player like him, it's probably also more tempting to play for Pep than Mourinho.

If City are actually interested, it's difficult imagining him choosing you. While you are the by far the bigger club historically, he's 29 and much more likely to win a big title at City than at United. For a player like him, it's probably also more tempting to play for Pep than Mourinho.

Why are people keep saying this in case of Sanchez ? Last time I checked, his play time with Pep in Barca wasn't actually that good.

Why are people keep saying this in case of Sanchez ? Last time I checked, his play time with Pep in Barca wasn't actually that good.

Well, I say it because if I were an attacking player I'd much prefer playing in a Pep system over Mourinho. This is not me slating Mourinho, btw, but he's much more conservative than Pep.

Its media peddled bollocks. Many players prefer Mourinho over Pep and vice versa. There is not this universal belief among players that Pep is the saviour of football like on the caf.

Sanchez won a solitary Copa Del Rey under Guardiola. He was probably far more grateful to Vilanova for the La Liga.

Well, I say it because if I were an attacking player I'd much prefer playing in a Pep system over Mourinho. This is not me slating Mourinho, btw, but he's much more conservative than Pep.

That's your opinion and I'm not entering a Mourinho vs Pep comparison now. I'm just stating that Sanchez had already played under Pep and it wasn't actually that great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.