Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn’t City cough up the extra cash? Surely it’ll cost them more finding someone else in the summer or aiding Uniteds squad in the process.

I fully expect them to come back in and we can all finally move on.

I think they have been surprised by the form of Sterling and Sane to be fair. When they were interested in the summer there was no gurantee those two would be as good as they are. Add in Bernado Silva who cant get a start, maybe they just feel like they dont need him now

Someone ban @Phil Jones 79 from this thread. His posts like "it's off!" add nothing to the discussion.

At least post sources to back up such statements?

(No offence here Phil, I am fed up with the constant negativity is all.)

Why wouldn’t City cough up the extra cash? Surely it’ll cost them more finding someone else in the summer or aiding Uniteds squad in the process.

Apparently it's a deal which would completely break their wage structure and a fee way more then they initially wanted. Like its not just a few million here or there. More like 15m or so, probably 5m in agent fees and then a good chunk for wages. Apparently they're just offering de Bruyne a 250k new contract.... well if Sanchez signed for 350k or whatever, then de bruyne would definitely want more as well.

Add in their current great season and players they have, and they probably don't need to be too worried or pay over what they think he's worth.

Some unknown twitter ITK just said that the deal is off because Sanchez gets an erection everytime he looks at Pep's bald head.
Sorry lads
Does the curtain match the drapes? Maybe Alexis values a shaven crotch more than money.

Pep’s bald penis > > > Cute little puppies > Utd blood money > Jose’s lion mane of a penis > Trophies > Arsene’s shrivelled penis

He'd get just as much playing time at City, IMHO. He's a world class player, who, when playing well, would be a starter there. Who knows how important money is in his calculations, but he's going to make millions at both United or City.

Disagree about same playing time. I think Guardiola's first choice front 3 is Jesus, Sane and Sterling with Aguero in the rotation. And he still has Bernardo Silva as part of the rotation. And I suspect they will buy somebody to relegate Aguero down the pecking order in summer.

Whereas with us Sanchez is going to play every game he is fit.

Ultimately the ball is Sanchez's court and he will decide where he wants to play. We can only wait and wonder.

Someone ban @Phil Jones 79 from this thread. His posts like "it's off!" add nothing to the discussion.

At least post sources to back up such statements?

(No offence here Phil, I am fed up with the constant negativity is all.)

Ah I see and other posts about hairy asses and knobs do? Get your head out of your ass. I have contributed some good content on here

Maybe just maybe he wanted us all along but we never declared our interest until late on which changed his mind on city.

I can't take this thread no more. Please someone update me when there is big news. I'm logging off.

Does the curtain match the drapes? Maybe Alexis values a shaven crotch more than money.

Pep’s bald penis > > > Cute little puppies > Utd blood money > Jose’s lion mane of a penis > Trophies > Arsene’s shrivelled penis

What in the actual feck

The Ballade of Pep Guardiola

Whilst his Merrye Man City club have been heaped with praise, few have been given access to the inner man, the quiet genius that is Pep Guardiola. So it was with a hushed reverence and supplicant bowing that I was finally allowed behind the scenes to meet the great man himself.

Others might have picked their office, or the gym, or the heaving trophy cabinet for such an interview, but not the one some have called the hooded Catalan!

To the gentle strains of a mediaeval madrigal we met in a secluded wood near Manchester and through the misty haze of smoke that seemed to make his features even more chiselled, I listened to the great man speaketh….

“you know it’s not about money or glory or trophies….I’m here to educate and help people be better people” said the shiny headed prophet. “Do you know when Kyle Walker arrived, he knew nothing of the songs of Merry Englande, and had to be taught the difference between a Lute and a Lyre – shocking!”

As the great man speaks he absent-mindedly binds two vines together to create a rudimentary rope which he effortlessly then forms into the shape of 2 swans passing a ball back and forth.

He speaks eloquently for some 10 minutes, putting right the wrongs of Football in England, suggesting a cheap and simple reform of the distribution of wealth and land rights, as well as offering a home to the oft forgotten King Richard, for so long, lost to foreign lands.

His Merrye band gradually join us, hanging off his every word….”look at this man there…my “little John” Stones – we have worked together to make him a better player, not just bought him a bigger staff or surrounded him with lots of others to defend the wood from the evil Sheriiff!”

His team grew tense at the mention of the Sheriff Mourinho and the conversation soon moves onto a different subject. “Here we nurture the group, we offer fresh air, good food, a fruit based vitamin drink that is totally above board and I’ll take you to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if you disagree and the chance to truly express yourself as a merrye man!”

But what of those that say the backing of club by Moorish forces beyond these shores represents a threat to the nation and that they have suspect practices in the building of their castles, halls and football stadia?

A strange calm comes over him, like a monk in prayer and he responds “This criticism of the owners of the Merrye Men is unjust and racist. These simple farmers of the land have placed their faith and oil in me to bring glory to the band. We will ensure they never hear the word No or are not able to buy the swiftest horse in the land or another left back.”

“What about those that have left the merry band such as Will Scar-Hart – were they not merry?”

Again, bathed in serenity and showing no anger the great leader responds…”I consider that a goalkeeper should be a wandering minstrel…touring the land to bring music, laughter and clearing out the last third of the pitch as a sweeper, not just staying in the woods stopping arrow shots!”

I hesitate before asking my final question as I want to spend more time in this beautiful man’s presence….”So what do you say to those who say you are a lucky outlaw; who inherited a great team in the land of Aragon, then again in the Germanic lands of the holy roman empire and have spent legion of silver ducket and gold doubloon to assemble a merrye band of mercenaries here in olde Englande!”

A single tear traces down his manly stubble and he shakes his head….”No…No….it’s not about the money…..it’s all about the glory….the majesty…..the echoing sound of a half full wood of people cheering the band on...in memory of this great man!” and at that point he reaches down and from his hairy but well-groomed chest he produces a heart shaped locket that he carefully places on a simple wooden stool with gold plated handles…”this man knew what it was all about….he is our inspiration!”

He leaves the clearing, clearly emotionally moved. With a shaking hand I reach out and pick it up, noting the inscription on the front. ”Our #10” I open it to reveal… a faded picture of Shaun Goater and cry bitter tears of regret for having ever questioned the great man’s genius!

Not exactly sure what I just read, but stuff like this is absolutely essential in a proper jittery muppet transfer thread! :lol::lol:

As of last week he was massively odds on to go to City, without us even in the equation.

If this wasn't the case, and it was just another player who were linked with and admired, we all wouldn't be such nervous wrecks. It's the fact it's massively about United vs City and if he does end up joining them, it will be a really tough blow to the club and fans after an exciting week of thinking we were getting one over on them.

giphy.gif

I think we need to prepare ourselves for the worst here - something isn't adding up, i.e. Mhiki in match squad, City sounding like they are back in, if it was just a fee with Arsenal, surely this would have been announced.
Think the most likely explanation is that Mikhitaryan was offered, he didn’t fancy it and would like to fight for his place instead. Arsenal aren’t too fussed because they’ve already got targets in on going talks but would have taken a player that we don’t want anymore as a sweetener.

This thread has gone in wrong way. If we are in the pub, kicking and punching would be all over the place.

Sone snowflakes in this thread.
Like we would let Martial go for a guy that has 6months left on his contract.

Been too quiet so far today and with Miki in the Utd squad that blows all that player exchange talk out of the window.

I do see your point TBH. Either we are haggling over a straight cash deal, or something has / about to go wrong.

If the deal was that close (and included Miki) there is no way he would be in the squad today.

Still something doesn't add up to me.

Been too quiet so far today and with Miki in the Utd squad that blows all that player exchange talk out of the window.

'It's been quiet so far today' ffs! now I've heard it all! :lol:

Also, maybe Mkhitaryan isn't even involved in the deal.

Thread title says City pull out. Expected to come in here to a group mbate session, but keep seeing "it's off"?

Status
Not open for further replies.