Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I agree with you. I dont mind him either, I can see where he is coming from and why he is so pissed off. As a United fan, and as someone who grew up with a particular dislike of Arsenal, there is a healthy dose of schadenfreude for me, I do enjoy his anger. But yes, he has reason to be angry.

What's his basis for the deal not happening?

Muppets go crazy when there isn't a tweet every 5 mins. I mean it could all be sorted for all we know. We know United don't like letting anything slip these days after the shit show of us chasing Fabregas and co publicly.
This. Woody has shown ruthlessness in the transfer market since that first summer. I must say he has done a great job and he isn't one to be messed with these days.

Is there a point to this sad story?

The narrative the media and guys like you are peddling is total trash.

We're by far the biggest club in the country, we have one of the most decorated managers of all time, we are spending huge amounts of money to get back to the top, we're in the Champions League last 16 with a favourable draw - City may be ahead of us in the table but it's
Is there a point to this sad story?

The narrative the media and guys like you are peddling is total trash.

We're by far the biggest club in the country, we have one of the most decorated managers of all time, we are spending huge amounts of money to get back to the top, we're in the Champions League last 16 with a favourable draw - City may be ahead of us in the table but it's not exactly Sunderland Sanchez would be joining for feck sake.
FFS, calm down. I wasn’t disputing our standing as a club but highlighting that standing doesn’t guarantee a league title, which I feel City will win this season and AS would be part of that if he went there.

My friend in New York telling me the media spin for United is all positive over there. Seems our PR for Europe dept sucks as I've not read anything great about us in about a year! I'm surprised the club are allowing open attacks at the brand like I've seen live on Sky.

I just want this deal to happen to see DT's bake. Hope he cry wanks himself into the next week over it.

Seriously now, you should really be asking yourself a question. Why are you a manchester united fan? Following that logic, you should be a manchester city fan since they are winning everything also.

If you want to talk about this subject purely from its materialistic POV, by joining Manchester United, AS is getting exposure to the millions and millions of its fan base around the globe.

Furthermore, where is the glory in going to city and just being handed the title without any effort? in united, AS should work his ars of to get it and the satisfaction he'll get from this will be unparalelled.

Anyway, i think this is too serious for this thread now :) Carry on trolling as you were.
So are you suggesting I should only follow Unite
Seriously now, you should really be asking yourself a question. Why are you a manchester united fan? Following that logic, you should be a manchester city fan since they are winning everything also.

If you want to talk about this subject purely from its materialistic POV, by joining Manchester United, AS is getting exposure to the millions and millions of its fan base around the globe.

Furthermore, where is the glory in going to city and just being handed the title without any effort? in united, AS should work his ars of to get it and the satisfaction he'll get from this will be unparalelled.

Anyway, i think this is too serious for this thread now :) Carry on trolling as you were.
What a clown.

Evening Standard says 'Manchester United close in on Alexis Sanchez transfer as Arsenal hope to include Anthony Martial as part of deal'. I wouldnt even do a straight swap. Martial has so much more to offer.

So let me get this straight, we are offering £35m plus Mickhi....surely that can't be right?

Isn't Mickhi worth £30m or is the deal a straight swap? #confused

FFS, calm down. I wasn’t disputing our standing as a club but highlighting that standing doesn’t guarantee a league title, which I feel City will win this season and AS would be part of that if he went there.

You really think a guy like Sanchez will take huge pride in winning a league already won?

Nothing is guaranteed. A few months ago Guardiola finished a season trophyless with some ridiculous analysts considering him to found out. When you're investing the sort of money City and United are a lot can change very quickly. They're not this Utopian club that we can't hold a candle to as the media are making out.

I don't have privileges to embedd yet, but M.E.N. are now reporting of a breakthrough and that a deal for Alexis can be completed today. Joke of journalists :lol:

giphy.gif

Swapping Martial + cash for Sanchez is madness.

No way Woodward / Mourinho will agree to this deal.

Not sure if I have had too much caffeine, but is this thread kind of bouncing? As in, actually bouncing?

Just seen a tweet stating Man City have offered him 400k wages but he has told Arsenal he wants the UTD move. Waiting on Arsenal now.

I’m unable to embed tweets as I need one more “like” but I’m not sure the source is reliable.

@VRodriguezlaw

Shit source, bullshitter

Yeah, but I'd argue Sanchez is already close to the level Martial can reach. And we're gift wrapping a ready made player for youse and giving you 30m on top of that. I know its very unlikely to happen, but if that offer was made Sanchez would already be a Utd player. Now you'll have to wait to see if yesterday's loss has scared City enough to up their bid. And from someone who's watched Sanchez for 3 years, he's a ball hog and is tolerated only because of the unreal things he does with it. His best position is as a false 9 or playing from the left - these are the exact positions that Martial, Rashford and Lukaku occupy. He's better than all of them at the moment, but both Martial and Rashford has the talent to match/surpass him. You'd be sacrificing their development to a certain extent when you get him. Its your choice and Mourinho has never been one to look at the long term. If you're really confident of your status as a top club, then you should sell Martial to us now and then try and get him back when he's 26 or thereabouts.
That last part of your comment made little to no sense. Why would we sell Martial to you, if we believe that he will full fill his potential and become a player even better than Sanchez was at his best. Saying that he's not that far from that level now and he's currently one of our best players. There is no need for United to offer Martial in this deal, as Arsenal have very little leeway to negotiate due to Sanchez's contract situation.
On your comment about if United had offered Martial, Sanchez would already be United player, we don't know that. United have already made it clear that they are willing to match Arsenal's financial demands (reportedly around £35m) and there's nothing to suggest that what's holding up the deal isn't Sanchez and his agent trying to get City to pay up. Also, it's not a very good point as Sanchez would also have been a City player last summer had they agreed to Arsenal's demands and offered Aguero or Sterling in return. But, that would have been silly from City and, if anything, it's Arsenal's refusal to sell last summer for a very reasonable fee that has resulted in this situation taking place right now.
We will just have to wait and see but in my opinion the hacks are just trying to squeeze last bit of juice out this story more than anything. Don't you notice, this type of shit always happens with transfers. Oh, theres a snag now, or someone else is in. 95% it's complete fabrication. Last time it happened was Thiago I think, when Bayern actually did come in and only cause Giggsy said Thiago wasn't in a mould of United player to Moyes.
Yeah naturally that could be the case. But unfortunately from a fans perspective, we wouldn't know if this is all BS to sell stories or whether City are actually going to make a move again. Similar things happened with Vidal as well, with most thinking his move to United was a done deal (Di Marzio was on the case as well if I remember correctly).

Just seen a tweet stating Man City have offered him 400k wages but he has told Arsenal he wants the UTD move. Waiting on Arsenal now.

I’m unable to embed tweets as I need one more “like” but I’m not sure the source is reliable.

@VRodriguezlaw

He is a nobody who pretends to be a FIFA agent I think

Blinkered idiot. I know many a football fan who don’t even support a PL team and they would choose many a club before United. Not every one is drawn to history, unfortunately.
Don't really understand the idiot part (If you're adressing me you are quite ignorant) but anyhow I didn't disagree with your opinion but its not 100% true.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for the worst here - something isn't adding up, i.e. Mhiki in match squad, City sounding like they are back in, if it was just a fee with Arsenal, surely this would have been announced.

Uhmm... Mourinho himself said that he will be in the squad and may even be playing.

For me, this crap of a swap deal plus cash is just that, crap. Never have I thought Mkhi will be part of this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.