Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is the guy saying he is not joining us and quote me on that?

Mourinho pre match interview tonight, while being interviewed Sanchez pokes his head around the corner "Gaffer, where is the toilets?" Then Jose just resumes talking about tonights match as if nothing happened. :P

Of course I do but it would need a big investment for about 5/6 players. In which time a team such as City will have won the league and who knows what else.
It’s not negative, it’s my honest opinion.

Thats nonsense 5/6 players..If we had not drawn 3 games over christmas we'd actually be very close with 15 games left. The exact same players could have won each of those games. We need about 3 players max and there is easily a title in this squad with 2 world class additions.

Absolutely embarrassing narrative by the media here. I hope if Alexis does sign he comes out and says he wanted to come to a proper club with history and a full stadium.

Also I love how the media are still in City's arse even though they shipped 4 goals against Liverpool and were it not for a classic Liverpool defensive capitulation they would have lost 4-1 and looked fairly mediocre in the process.

Lets be brutally honest with ourselves here. If City want him they will get him as they can offer whatever it takes and, if you were a flair player who would you rather play under? Pep or Jose? At 29, AS would be guaranteed a title and who knows what else at City. At United, I’m not convinced he’d win anything major.
Signing AS isn’t going to change JM tactics. If I was a player with aligence to neither club, I’d sign for City right now.

Agreed with all that but here he would get more playing time here and be the main man. And make more money.

Pretty sure it would be for his own good. He's all but done here and his most recent performance for us have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm more amazed Arsenal are interested in him than anything else.
I think his time is up here as well, and I think it's best for everyone if he moves on. But I don't agree with the sentiment he should just go wherever we want him to go. It's his career and his life after all.

There's a staggering lack of loyalty towards one of our own players on display here. Contracts work both ways.

Just got a BBC update on my phone which started, 'Manchester United...' and I nearly had a heart attack.

But it was about bloody Giggs getting the Wales job.

Is this stuff being said by abyone apart from that Vincent Rodriguez account?

David McDonnel who said had a headline with 'What a Waste of Money' about Martial. He's looking for clicks from City and United fans and some bitter Bertie no mark from M.E.N

As people previously said. The most reliable City journo thinks the deal is dead. Until he posts something I wouldn't worry. Not that I'm worried anyway. I'm happy we tried to get Sanchez. Shows the club are trying to move forward and compete. If we don't get him, we will go out for Dybala in the summer IMO.

I think Sanchez is an excellent player and probably exactly what we need right now in terms of creativity and end product, but what would this do to the line-up? From what I've seen on him he plays mostly on the left or as a central strikers. Based on Jose's usual comments on Lukaku, he's not going to get time up front. On the other side we already have Martial (who I think has been our best player going forward, along with Pogba) and Rashford (who Jose still raves about). Does he play as a CAM regularly? Then, for me, I wouldn't mind seeing Mhiki go the other way to balance the numbers in that area a little. It just seems we're ramming more players into an area where we already have more than we can use.

Or, are we simply interested to stop Man City buying him?

Before people lose their shit over the headline.

"Sources have told ESPN FC that the cost of the deal is likely to see City pull out of the race and leave Manchester United free to seal a £35 million transfer for the Arsenal forward."

Agreed with all that but here he would get more playing time here and be the main man. And make more money.

He'd get just as much playing time at City, IMHO. He's a world class player, who, when playing well, would be a starter there. Who knows how important money is in his calculations, but he's going to make millions at both United or City.

I think Sanchez is an excellent player and probably exactly what we need right now in terms of creativity and end product, but what would this do to the line-up? From what I've seen on him he plays mostly on the left or as a central strikers. Based on Jose's usual comments on Lukaku, he's not going to get time up front. On the other side we already have Martial (who I think has been our best player going forward, along with Pogba) and Rashford (who Jose still raves about). Does he play as a CAM regularly? Then, for me, I wouldn't mind seeing Mhiki go the other way to balance the numbers in that area a little. It just seems we're ramming more players into an area where we already have more than we can use.

Or, are we simply interested to stop Man City buying him?

We have scored 22 goals less than City in the league this season.

We absolutely need a player of Sanchez's quality to start bridging that gap.

Our existing forwards are still comparatively inconsistent and we don't have the same depth.

To reiterate, so maybe people will calm down

The english media have spun this story that Alexis wants to play for Pep, that the problem is they're not willing to up their bid to arsenal, that player is desperate to leave arsenal and willing to to accept united to do so

That is *not* what Di Marzio has been reporting

What he said was:
-city reached agreement with player, £13m year plus £15m signing bonus to sign now, or £30m signing bonus in the summer
-United showed up and blew that offer out of the water. Alexis agreed deal with United
-City's deal with Alexis collapsed as a result.

Even if arsenal were to refuse to sell, as things currently stand, ALEXIS WOULD SIGN FOR UNITED IN THE SUMMER

Basically, as things stand, if say, Alexis were to go to city right now, it would be because he couldn't wait to get out of arsenal and only city could get a deal with them

Player has chosen United's offer over City's.

British media have it backwords

Seems to me that the ABU media is on its full frontal in trying to convince sitty of not letting Sanchez join United.

The Ballade of Pep Guardiola

Whilst his Merrye Man City club have been heaped with praise, few have been given access to the inner man, the quiet genius that is Pep Guardiola. So it was with a hushed reverence and supplicant bowing that I was finally allowed behind the scenes to meet the great man himself.

Others might have picked their office, or the gym, or the heaving trophy cabinet for such an interview, but not the one some have called the hooded Catalan!

To the gentle strains of a mediaeval madrigal we met in a secluded wood near Manchester and through the misty haze of smoke that seemed to make his features even more chiselled, I listened to the great man speaketh….

“you know it’s not about money or glory or trophies….I’m here to educate and help people be better people” said the shiny headed prophet. “Do you know when Kyle Walker arrived, he knew nothing of the songs of Merry Englande, and had to be taught the difference between a Lute and a Lyre – shocking!”

As the great man speaks he absent-mindedly binds two vines together to create a rudimentary rope which he effortlessly then forms into the shape of 2 swans passing a ball back and forth.

He speaks eloquently for some 10 minutes, putting right the wrongs of Football in England, suggesting a cheap and simple reform of the distribution of wealth and land rights, as well as offering a home to the oft forgotten King Richard, for so long, lost to foreign lands.

His Merrye band gradually join us, hanging off his every word….”look at this man there…my “little John” Stones – we have worked together to make him a better player, not just bought him a bigger staff or surrounded him with lots of others to defend the wood from the evil Sheriiff!”

His team grew tense at the mention of the Sheriff Mourinho and the conversation soon moves onto a different subject. “Here we nurture the group, we offer fresh air, good food, a fruit based vitamin drink that is totally above board and I’ll take you to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if you disagree and the chance to truly express yourself as a merrye man!”

But what of those that say the backing of club by Moorish forces beyond these shores represents a threat to the nation and that they have suspect practices in the building of their castles, halls and football stadia?

A strange calm comes over him, like a monk in prayer and he responds “This criticism of the owners of the Merrye Men is unjust and racist. These simple farmers of the land have placed their faith and oil in me to bring glory to the band. We will ensure they never hear the word No or are not able to buy the swiftest horse in the land or another left back.”

“What about those that have left the merry band such as Will Scar-Hart – were they not merry?”

Again, bathed in serenity and showing no anger the great leader responds…”I consider that a goalkeeper should be a wandering minstrel…touring the land to bring music, laughter and clearing out the last third of the pitch as a sweeper, not just staying in the woods stopping arrow shots!”

I hesitate before asking my final question as I want to spend more time in this beautiful man’s presence….”So what do you say to those who say you are a lucky outlaw; who inherited a great team in the land of Aragon, then again in the Germanic lands of the holy roman empire and have spent legion of silver ducket and gold doubloon to assemble a merrye band of mercenaries here in olde Englande!”

A single tear traces down his manly stubble and he shakes his head….”No…No….it’s not about the money…..it’s all about the glory….the majesty…..the echoing sound of a half full wood of people cheering the band on...in memory of this great man!” and at that point he reaches down and from his hairy but well-groomed chest he produces a heart shaped locket that he carefully places on a simple wooden stool with gold plated handles…”this man knew what it was all about….he is our inspiration!”

He leaves the clearing, clearly emotionally moved. With a shaking hand I reach out and pick it up, noting the inscription on the front. ”Our #10” I open it to reveal… a faded picture of Shaun Goater and cry bitter tears of regret for having ever questioned the great man’s genius!

"Sources have told ESPN FC that the cost of the deal is likely to see City pull out of the race and leave Manchester United free to seal a £35 million transfer for the Arsenal forward."

Just quoting this for the new page. Relax guys everything atm is pointing towards Sanchez moving to United.

Virtually every journalist talking about a 'City meeting' are making it up. They all have a disclaimer at the bottom that United are in the driving seat according to their own sources.

Anyone else just waiting for the breaking news that City have agreed terms with Sanchez? How hypocritical it would be too

If it's £35m why are we stalling on Mkhi? That must mean it's Mkhi AND £30-35m surely..

Virtually every journalist talking about a 'City meeting' are making it up. They all have a disclaimer at the bottom that United are in the driving seat according to their own sources.

Can't it be possible we are in the lead and City are also going to have a meeting to take a final call on what to do?

What makes them so sure that Sanchez would wanna play for Guardiola anyway ? I don't think Guardiola truly used to the extent of his talent anyway. Maybe it's because of that he doesn't wannat play for them ? Why is this possibility not even considered ?

Can someone explain to me how any journo can write that they won't pay the demanded fees....but OMG THEY ARE HAVING A MEETING!!!!!!!!!!!

City are refusing to budge on their £20m valuation of the 29-year-old, whose Arsenal's contract expires in June, and are determined not to meet £35m asking price.

I feel like i'm in some kind of stupid-enduing haze.

REFUSING TO BUDGE...BETTER HAVE A feckING MEETING!!!

It comes from that fake twitter Fifa Lawyer

So basically City are having an exec meeting / conf call.

Probably happens at every club on a weekly basis.

We have scored 22 goals less than City in the league this season.

We absolutely need a player of Sanchez's quality to start bridging that gap.

Our existing forwards are still comparatively inconsistent and we don't have the same depth.
I don't doubt that, and as I said I think he's an awesome player who I'd like to see here, I'm just wondering what that does to the line-up, who's going to lose out. Meanwhile we'd still have no right winger and no idea who else other than Pogba is creating in midfield. I know you can't solve all those problems in one January though.

Can someone explain to me how any journo can write that they won't pay the demanded fees....but OMG THEY ARE HAVING A MEETING!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like i'm in some kind of stupid-enduing haze.

REFUSING TO BUDGE...BETTER HAVE A feckING MEETING!!!
It's a load of bollocks mate. City just briefing the press again and them journos are thick as feck.

Of course I do but it would need a big investment for about 5/6 players. In which time a team such as City will have won the league and who knows what else.
It’s not negative, it’s my honest opinion.

I understand your point but look at it this way. Let's say Sanchez believes in the project at United, he would become our main man and play every game and if or rather when we win the league again there's a big chance he could become a legend of sorts. Being the main man when the giant awakens has it's appeal. At City he probably won't even play every game. There is so moch more to it than who is best at this very moment, next season it will be another team most likely.

David McDonnel who said had a headline with 'What a Waste of Money' about Martial. He's looking for clicks from City and United fans and some bitter Bertie no mark from M.E.N

As people previously said. The most reliable City journo thinks the deal is dead. Until he posts something I wouldn't worry. Not that I'm worried anyway. I'm happy we tried to get Sanchez. Shows the club are trying to move forward and compete. If we don't get him, we will go out for Dybala in the summer IMO.
That may be true, but McDonnell is usually among the journos that get briefed by United, so he's imo one of the more reliable journos. Like you said though Sam Lee did say this looks dead, but he did write in the same article that United should sign Sanchez unless City made a U-turn and it appears that the news that Pep is meeting with City's board to discuss Sanchez could well be true.

Every transfer window i promise myself i wont sit watching the rumours, get invested and i will just wait until i see the player, with the shirt on.....but no, im here refreshing this page every 5 mins!!!

Some of you lot really freak out over nothing :lol:

If he comes fantastic...if not we cost City a couple more quid

I really like Sanchez as a player but 35 + Micky is a bit too much.

I don't doubt that, and as I said I think he's an awesome player who I'd like to see here, I'm just wondering what that does to the line-up, who's going to lose out. Meanwhile we'd still have no right winger and no idea who else other than Pogba is creating in midfield. I know you can't solve all those problems in one January though.

Displaces Mata on the right wing would be the smart money.

--------Lukaku--------
Martial-Lingard-Alexis

The English journos are the drizzling shits, they are stirring every last inch of clickbait out of this, it's a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.