Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be brutally honest with ourselves here. If City want him they will get him as they can offer whatever it takes and, if you were a flair player who would you rather play under? Pep or Jose? At 29, AS would be guaranteed a title and who knows what else at City. At United, I’m not convinced he’d win anything major.
Signing AS isn’t going to change JM tactics. If I was a player with aligence to neither club, I’d sign for City right now.

You read too much of the tabloids. We're the biggest club in the country ffs.

If Martial was 29 like Sanchez, that'd be a fair deal. But, Martial is 22 and theoretically if we were to sell Martial I'd want £100m+. On Sanchez, we could play him up front alongside Lukaku or Martial there and play Sanchez on the left. Having another top quality player there who can play anywhere up front shouldn't be a problem given that United have deficiencies up top. Further, Sanchez would be superior to any player we have on the right, so that wouldn't be a problem. If Arsenal really wanted a United attacker, Miki is available and Mata likely would be available come the end of the season.

I actually don't see Sanchez Lukaku working......maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look like a good match along the front line? I wish Martial as a 9 was tried and tested for longer by now as I really see him and Sanchez being a much more effective goal scoring pair in any front line combo with Lukaku not being an auto first choice.

"Such is his desperation to leave Arsenal this month that Sanchez is even prepared to join relegation fodder Manchester United."

So it looks like City are back in (where they ever really out) , I had assumed he would go to City all along until the last 24 hours where it looked we had him, I am sure there will many twists and turns yet. But sorry now I got my hopes up. Hopefully we have a back up if this does not go the way we want it.
They aren’t mate. We are in pole don’t believe the crap that’s being put out

As if both teams would go this far and no one had cared to ask Mikhi whether he wants to be part of the deal or not? Quite laughable UK journalism is.

That is the reason Manchester City have had second thoughts about buying Sanchez; they have a happy and functional team that could win the quadruple without any new additions this month. Why risk anything about that with a player we have seen to be a disruptive force at Arsenal?

That second paragraph forced me to not bother reading any farther.

The likes of Shane Burns and that other MEN reporter are right bellends who slag off United at every opportunity. As some have said, it wouldn’t surprise me if they are trying to save face and make it look as if Sanchez badly wants City but it’s all about the money.

I know, fecking hell. The outrage is incredible. You'd think I posted my own tweets abusing the feck out of him.
Didn't notice your 'I was joking' posts - my own fault for not reading the thread properly.

To me this looks like City briefing the press again to make it seem like Sanchez really wanted to go to them but he's been offered ridiculous wages at United and is just desperate to leave Arsenal. I think they're trying to nail down a point that it was them that turned Sanchez down. I could be wrong of course but going by what reliable people like Di Marzio have said and that Sam Lee guy who is good when it comes to City news we're close to getting Sanchez and City aren't in the race anymore. The BBC even put out an article earlier saying we're in pole position.

A meeting to decide? I think things almost has been decided last two days, whether they will agree his conditions or not.

Seems to me that the ABU media is on its full frontal in trying to convince sitty of not letting Sanchez join United.

Lets be brutally honest with ourselves here. If City want him they will get him as they can offer whatever it takes and, if you were a flair player who would you rather play under? Pep or Jose? At 29, AS would be guaranteed a title and who knows what else at City. At United, I’m not convinced he’d win anything major.
Signing AS isn’t going to change JM tactics. If I was a player with aligence to neither club, I’d sign for City right now.

You forgot the part where City is a football club in its purest form while United is everything that's wrong with football. Also United, despite being good before, now ranks along FC Midtjylland and Kuban Krasnodar in international standings - the only thing seperates them is that United got some monies on their credit card.

Pretty sure it would be for his own good. He's all but done here and his most recent performance for us have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm more amazed Arsenal are interested in him than anything else.

The point is....you don't care if it's for his own good....am I right?

I think this might be too rational for the caf :lol:

We’ve been in pole since we offered more and City wouldn’t up the fee.

Arsenal were mad to turn down the 60 million reputedly offered in August

City are leaking to the press that Sanchez is only joining us because he is "desperate" and not choosing us over them.

Its' the Pep or Money agenda being floated around again. The cheek of them to claim we are all about money only.

We’ve been in pole since we offered more and City wouldn’t up the fee.

Arsenal were mad to turn down the 60 million reputedly offered in August

Yep I agree on both points, but it's funny as I was annoyed that we didn't sign him in the summer but now I'm not too bothered if he comes or not, probably because we're comfortable in the league, I certainly wouldn't want him destroying the wage structure here, would rather give him £20m and £250k a week than £350k per week.

That second paragraph forced me to not bother reading any farther.
That was also in the pieces over the weekend about City giving up on him. Too much money, poor attitude, potential to disrupt dressing room. They were briefed.

I just don't see why they would have a meeting now. It's too late. They've messed Arsenal and Sanchez around since last August.

So negative, you really don't believe we can get back at the absolute top of european football?

That was also in the pieces over the weekend about City giving up on him. Too much money, poor attitude, potential to disrupt dressing room. They were briefed.

They're trying so hard to show City as saints and us as the villain of the movie.

City are leaking to the press that Sanchez is only joining us because he is "desperate" and not choosing us over them.

Its' the Pep or Money agenda being floated around again. The cheek of them to claim we are all about money only.

I don't think that's true, I think it's well known he was desperate to leave in the summer and really wants out of the place, Arsenal are going to want the best price and if he is desperate then he'll take the United offer, he'd be daft not too, you're seeing things that aren't there

So negative, you really don't believe we can get back at the absolute top of european football?

The idea that we have to, to better city is very odd. How many semi finals and finals have they made the last 5 years?

Has Sanchez ever actually publically professed this love of Pep that the papers claim?

I understand papers tend to go with the reunite story when its a manager signing an ex-player but it's not like Pep was previously good for this development.

So every clickbait report still states adamantly that City will not pay the "ludicrous fee", yet they will discuss the transfer at a board meeting?

Do you guys see how they are just spluttering out complete shit? Don't give them the clicks!!

Anyone still certain that he's going to City - you can get 23/10 still at Paddy Power, go make some money!

I actually don't see Sanchez Lukaku working......maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look like a good match along the front line? I wish Martial as a 9 was tried and tested for longer by now as I really see him and Sanchez being a much more effective goal scoring pair in any front line combo with Lukaku not being an auto first choice.
Mourinho likes having a target man up front, which is why he's played Lukaku and even Zlatan once he came back there. Martial also has been better for the most part when he's had a chance to dribble and there's usually a lot less space when he plays centrally. Sanchez is an extremely versatile forward, so I don't see any problem with adding him to this squad. The original poster was insinuating that we would have to sell Martial as he would no longer get any games here, but that's just not true for me.

You know there would be at least a hundred on here who would/already do that sort of thing.

I don't know. @izec said that he's getting a lot of abuse on twitter. I didn't even know Mkhitaryan had twitter. I went to his page there and I see nothing. I'm not going to sit and vent at him for not going to Arsenal. The cnut won't read any of my tweets anyway. :lol:

Also, I don't think he'd turn down a move to Arsenal. Wenger wanted him badly when we signed him. He'd instantly be better playing their style of football and there would be less pressure. And as for the wages, I mean, he'll definitely be moved on in the summer, but where will he go who will offer him better wages than Arsenal? China, Russia, Turkey maybe? Would pick any of those destinations over Arsenal. He doesn't have many options so that's why I don't believe he wouldn't move to Arsenal. Sure, he might not want to but I'm sure he'll quickly come round to it when he realises what alternatives are.

I just said it as quip, and yeah I don't particularly like Mkhitaryan because he's a coward on the pitch. Couldn't wait to come off against Chelsea etc. I don't want him at United at all but I wouldn't go on twitter and abuse him for it. It's so stupid for so many reasons.

The media is trying to sell him to City. To be honest I am not too disappointed if he doesnt come to us. Pep has got to keep a lot of people on the bench who will be unhappy.

We were still the biggest club in the country when we finished 7th under Moyes.

There is little point in dominating English Football for 25 years if after 4 years of dropping down a level all that is forgotten. I mean we might as well stay where we are right now if the first sentence is the reality. Fact is for me we built an empire in that time that although has not been in for the biggest prizes since Fergie left by every other measurement we trump every club in England as a direct result of said success. God I hope Jose somehow wins the CL this season. It will stop the nonsense about United. This post is not directed at you ha......

Status
Not open for further replies.