Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mkhitaryan if he refuses to leave will basically get no game time at Utd. He will be forced to play as a fullback just to punish him because Mourinho is like that.

But people told us Pep would never base his decision of the back of one game whether to come back in for Sanzhez.

Looks to me like the journos are capitalising on City's loss yesterday. You can guarantee that if City had won, they wouldn't have needed Sanchez and they were justified in their decision to end interest.

Having lost, now there's 'crunch meetings to decide whether to offer a deal that's slightly better but still not as good as Uniteds. Definitely journos looking for clicks from desperate City fans and worried United fans. Win-Win for them in this situation

Some of you people are so confident and calm here. I admire you

Why shouldn't we ? If he signed for us, excellent! If he by some miracle joined City, we were all expecting this from the start plus I'm not really afraid of him doing anything particular with City. He'll be one of many good attacking players there while he'll be the top star here.

^^100%^^
I won't believe any of this until I see Sanchez wearing a United shirt and shaking hands with Jose..!!
Until then, Sanchez is still heading to City in my mind.
Same here. When some things are too good to be true then ... well you know the rest.

Mkhitaryan if he refuses to leave will basically get no game time at Utd. He will be forced to play as a fullback just to punish him because Mourinho is like that.

Cut off the nose to spite the face.

If he doesn't fancy it, we'll likely be looking to offload him as soon as. Hopefully Arsenal are already close to signing up Malcolm.

Miki isn't going anywhere, yet.
Arsenal will look to get in Malcom - he fits in with their profile of player much better than Miki anyway.

I honestly believe that city will not be much better with him. He will play no9 position so they will play without classic striker. He is not better striker than aguero. Pep will change winning formula.

The situation change every 5 mins:

12.00 close to utd
12.05 close to city
12.10 close to utd
12.15 close to city
12.20 done with utd
12.25 done with city

Pathetic.

Oh my word... First and foremost, I don't really believe Mkhitaryan is holding up any deal for various reasons; like Arsenal is still huge club and he'd do good there and all that paper talk about him is probably bullshit.

Why do people need to be outraged by everything people say. I don't get it.

Behave. Mkhitaryan has every right to decide over his own future. He has a contract here, so if he doesn't fancy Arsenal, he shouldn't be forced to go there.

Pretty sure it would be for his own good. He's all but done here and his most recent performance for us have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm more amazed Arsenal are interested in him than anything else.

It may explain why Bordeuax have said no bids have been made for Malcolm - because Arsenal see Mhiky as the replacement.

Hope he spits his dummy out, he's clearly no longer wanted by Mourinho so why would he stay. Sure Arsenal is a step down, but he's hardly going to join a club of equal standing by the way he's played over the few months.

If Martial was 29 like Sanchez, that'd be a fair deal. But, Martial is 22 and theoretically if we were to sell Martial I'd want £100m+. On Sanchez, we could play him up front alongside Lukaku or Martial there and play Sanchez on the left. Having another top quality player there who can play anywhere up front shouldn't be a problem given that United have deficiencies up top. Further, Sanchez would be superior to any player we have on the right, so that wouldn't be a problem. If Arsenal really wanted a United attacker, Miki is available and Mata likely would be available come the end of the season.
Yeah, but I'd argue Sanchez is already close to the level Martial can reach. And we're gift wrapping a ready made player for youse and giving you 30m on top of that. I know its very unlikely to happen, but if that offer was made Sanchez would already be a Utd player. Now you'll have to wait to see if yesterday's loss has scared City enough to up their bid. And from someone who's watched Sanchez for 3 years, he's a ball hog and is tolerated only because of the unreal things he does with it. His best position is as a false 9 or playing from the left - these are the exact positions that Martial, Rashford and Lukaku occupy. He's better than all of them at the moment, but both Martial and Rashford has the talent to match/surpass him. You'd be sacrificing their development to a certain extent when you get him. Its your choice and Mourinho has never been one to look at the long term. If you're really confident of your status as a top club, then you should sell Martial to us now and then try and get him back when he's 26 or thereabouts.

Lets be brutally honest with ourselves here. If City want him they will get him as they can offer whatever it takes and, if you were a flair player who would you rather play under? Pep or Jose? At 29, AS would be guaranteed a title and who knows what else at City. At United, I’m not convinced he’d win anything major.
Signing AS isn’t going to change JM tactics. If I was a player with aligence to neither club, I’d sign for City right now.

Lets be brutally honest with ourselves here. If City want him they will get him as they can offer whatever it takes and, if you were a flair player who would you rather play under? Pep or Jose? At 29, AS would be guaranteed a title and who knows what else at City. At United, I’m not convinced he’d win anything major.
Signing AS isn’t going to change JM tactics. If I was a player with aligence to neither club, I’d sign for City right now.

This is how I see it too. I'm also not sure why he is desperate to leave in this window - why doesn't he wait till the Summer when he can call the shots about everything?

Behave. Mkhitaryan has every right to decide over his own future. He has a contract here, so if he doesn't fancy Arsenal, he shouldn't be forced to go there.

Pretty much this. No matter how much we would like to see him depart, we cant force him to join Arsenal. Cant see a player exchange being involved here. I think it will be a straight cash deal

Tell Mkhitaryan to feckk off, that's his level.

Although this is highly likely to be a completely BS storey regarding HM going the other way, I would agree with your sentiment. If we were to take it as true I would also say "if he was worried about the level of where he was playing then perhaps he should fecking play at a good level then he wouldn't have to worry about it"

To me this looks like City briefing the press again to make it seem like Sanchez really wanted to go to them but he's been offered ridiculous wages at United and is just desperate to leave Arsenal. I think they're trying to nail down a point that it was them that turned Sanchez down. I could be wrong of course but going by what reliable people like Di Marzio have said and that Sam Lee guy who is good when it comes to City news we're close to getting Sanchez and City aren't in the race anymore. The BBC even put out an article earlier saying we're in pole position.

Pretty sure it would be for his own good. He's all but done here and his most recent performance for us have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm more amazed Arsenal are interested in him than anything else.
I’m not
Seriously have you seen what they’ve been fielding recently? The players are taking the piss out of Wenger and Arsenal

Micky is now useless off the pitch too, amazing what a pointless acquisition this has been.

Rio is that you

Oh my word... First and foremost, I don't really believe Mkhitaryan is holding up any deal for various reasons; like Arsenal is still huge club and he'd do good there and all that paper talk about him is probably bullshit.

Why do people need to be outraged by everything people say. I don't get it.
Especially as you'd already said multiple times you were kidding :lol:

I see journos are back to flailing around the story again.

If it is true, that Mkhitaryan isn't happy going to Arsenal; then he's a fool. Where's he going to go next season when we eventually sell him? Back to Dortmund? I doubt they'd even want him back considering he had one exceptional season there.

The way he's been playing at Man United showed you what kind of player he is. Not good enough for top level and the pressure that comes with that. Should be happy Arsenal are in for him.

Agree with all that. Save the additional factor being how much we are willing to pay AS as opposed to City. Let’s not be fooled. AS will go to the highest bidder.

If there was some kind of a twist in negotiations, Di Marzio would have tweeted it by now. Christ, the English journalists are the worst.

Especially as you'd already said multiple times you were kidding :lol:

I see journos are back to flailing around the story again.

I know, fecking hell. The outrage is incredible. You'd think I posted my own tweets abusing the feck out of him.

To me this looks like City briefing the press again to make it seem like Sanchez really wanted to go to them but he's been offered ridiculous wages at United and is just desperate to leave Arsenal. I think they're trying to nail down a point that it was them that turned Sanchez down. I could be wrong of course but going by what reliable people like Di Marzio have said and that Sam Lee guy who is good when it comes to City news we're close to getting Sanchez and City aren't in the race anymore. The BBC even put out an article earlier saying we're in pole position.

We’ve been in pole since we offered more and City wouldn’t up the fee.

Arsenal were mad to turn down the 60 million reputedly offered in August

So it looks like City are back in (where they ever really out) , I had assumed he would go to City all along until the last 24 hours where it looked we had him, I am sure there will many twists and turns yet. But sorry now I got my hopes up. Hopefully we have a back up if this does not go the way we want it.

If any of that was actually true, it's hardly going to be music to Sanchez's ears.

1. United - Take the number 7 shirt, be our talisman, we want to offer you massive wages and we really value you.
2. City - We don't really want to spend more than £20m on you and we're having a meeting about whether we should. We've already got a great front line with good chemistry and you'll fit in there somewhere but we can't promise it.

If there was some kind of a twist in negotiations, Di Marzio would have tweeted it by now. Christ, the English journalists are the worst.
Sam Lee, the single most reliable source for City news has already said they're done, if that's not enough to convince people then I don't know what is.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Let's hope he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.