Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

I'd give Sanchez+30m for Martial. Confident Wenger can develop him into a world class talent. It'll be best for all parties involved, if Sanchez moves to Utd then that kills martials game time.
Great jokes, thanks for popping by for the entertainment.

I reckon you'll give Sanchez + £30m for Mkhitaryan though.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
City are not back in until you hear from a solid source that they are back in. Nothing has changed as of yet to where we were last night.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I’m not sure how to put this without coming across as a complete WUM.

Here goes.....

I do genuinely have a very good buddy (yes that old chestnut) that is upon the hierarchy at Man City Ladies/women.

City have in fact upped there offer BUT it’s not as much as uniteds.

Sorry guys, call me a WUM but this is true and I cannot tell you who he is.....but within women’s football he’s well known.
I call bullshit. No one from women's football is well known.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So have City really upped their offer and changed their stance? Wouldn't surprise me if they have. Hope it doesn't come off, but it's a beyond a bit strange for them to be super concerned about money when he'd be a great signing for them.

Silas

"Oh FFS, how are we supposed to spin this now?"
City FORCED into abandoning morals.
Sanchez +30m is a fair deal for Martial, right? How would you fit Martial, Rashford and Sanchez on the left. Sanchez isn't as effective on the right as he is cutting in from the left. And he loses the ball too much to be played anywhere other than the front 3. You also can't use him as a cog in the overall team, he has to be the main man if you've got to get the best out of him. He only worked with Ozil because Ozil was used to playing with Ronaldo who's an even bigger prima donna.
Ok.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Nothing new since yesterday and a few useless "sources" immediately start fabricating news of twists and turns in the transfer to generate clicks and draw attention.

ManuMou

Sanchez is ours ! Bookmakers pricing in 85%, unless he pulls out another Griezman-like-thingy !

AgentP

Great jokes, thanks for popping by for the entertainment.

I reckon you'll give Snachez + £30m for Mkhitaryan though.
Or we'll give them Mkhi and Mata for Sanchez and Ozil. Arsenal are anyway going to lose these players for free in the summer;)

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
I suspect it will be Sanchez's decision now rather than Arsenal's. If a club offers more to Arsenal he can still say no to them. Arsenal would then have to accept the offer from the club he does want to go to, or wait until May and get nothing.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Relax people, happens every single transfer we're involved in, every journalist who wasn't involved in the transfer saga tries to get a few clicks in before the deal is completed. The amount of times over just the last few seasons this has happened should tell you that, Pogba springs to mind as does Lukaku.
This

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could we not subsidise Mkhi's wages to pave the way for the move?

RC89

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited but I feel that the Alexis we get won't be peak Alexis. If he has an RVP impact then great but I think we'll probably get a 'very good' season or 2 out of him at best.
If we can get two very good seasons out of him for 30m, I'll be happy. The gap between us and city I consider as pretty huge from an attacking sense, he alone will bridge quite a bit of it I feel. In those two years we can then build on that with some younger players too. If we were to get Ozil in the summer for free too a supporting cast of Martial, Sanchez, Ozil to our striker looks world class. There will likely still be a gap to city in an attacking sense but it won't be the massive gulf it is right now.

Adebesi

I'd give Sanchez+30m for Martial. Confident Wenger can develop him into a world class talent. It'll be best for all parties involved, if Sanchez moves to Utd then that kills martials game time.
I dont think there's much wrong with this post, the guy is talking about it from an Arsenal perspective.

The first bit - he'd give Sanchez plus £30m for Martial. Good shout, he is only recognising what a talent Martial is.

Confident Wenger can develop him. Why not? Wenger has done well developing young players, and there is the French connection.

Sanchez arriving could limit Martial's opportunities. This is a (small) concern. Sanchez likes to start on the left hand side, so they will be competing for the same position to some extent. (Of course Mourinho will also look for ways to play them together.)

The only bit I disagree with is that it would be best for all parties. It would be great for Arsenal. It may well be quite good for Martial as well - he would definitely, definitely play more, for a manager more inclined to trust young players. The party it wouldnt be better for is Manchester United. So almost certainly wont happen. Still, you can see why an Arsenal fan would hope.

Woodzy

Just like Pogba/Madrid, and Lukaku/Chelsea, it wouldn’t be a true saga unless we were all going into meltdown even when he is 90% ours.

For what it’s worth, I’m one of the ones in meltdown. Terrified that City will come back in for him.

el3mel

English journalism trying to put some suspense on the deal before it's done ? Exactly what you'll expect from such terrible journalists. You lot did knew feck all before Di Marzio broke the news. You just jumped in the job to appear to be trustful.

The Purley King

I think Arsenal would prefer to get Malcolm rather than Mhiki, so once they've sorted that out, they'll let Sanchez leave.
Lets hope, just for once, they don't spend 2 weeks "preparing an offer" and just get it done. They are worse than us in letting proposed transfers drag on.

diarm

Edit. Lazy Mkhitaryan joke - deleted because NinjaFletch made it better above.

0le

Why would Martial want to leave United to join Arsenal? Their only two world class players are on the brink of leaving. Their only other potentially good player is Wilshere and he is persistently injured and also available on a free. They are a club on the decline with a hilariously bad lack of investment and ambition from the board, and with a manager who dictates when he will leave and is too stubborn to change.

Talk of Martial moving to Arsenal would be for pure financial reasons, which is ironic for two reasons. One, Martial would demand high wages. Ironic given it is a an unwillingness to pay high wages and spend which has put Arsenal in this ridiculous and embarrassing situation. The second reason, is the quite frankly ridiculous, and incorrect notion put forward by journalists that Sanchez is moving for money, but not a word about a Martial move to Arsenal which would be wholly due to financial incentive!

prateik

Cant blame Mikhi for not wanting to go to Arsenal. Who would want that move?

bubbles_

This is the same shite that comes out just before a transfer is about to be confirmed to get the last few clicks off neurotics. He’s coming to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.