Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We have a tier 1 or 2 City journo basically confirming everything is pointing to MUFC and yet people still want to believe city are about to steal him back :wenger:
Yeah id have sam lee as tier 1. I mean he's very respected.

Aki_United

Would love him here and the best is, that he is allowed to play in the cl for us.

Jacko21

Well as Di marzio said, in football transfers things can change quickly. The probabilities go up and down all the time. City can have a change of thought in the next hours and pay up. We may be ahead, but obviously not done yet
Imagine City matching our offer - that'd give plenty of journalists something to think about.

JohnnyKills

If it's Martial for Sanchez then we should forget it. I doubt it is, but if that's true we'd be bonkers to do this deal.

#6pogba

I would love us to sign Sanchez but not for 30million plus Martial.We might get 3 years best out of Sanchez.With Martial we could very well get another 10 years out of him and in my opinion he is only getting better.

WPMUFC

There's absolutely nothing wrong with good, healthy pessimism.
Good healthy pessimism in this case is a reliable journo saying City aren't out and people saying "well we have to be careful, Journo X said city are still in the race"

Every reliable journo is saying the opposite or quickly moving away from City interest.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think you ignore the impact of momentum.
There’s momentum, and then there’s acting like Real Madrid would do well sign an Athletico target because they’re currently 10 points behind them in the table.

If you don’t ride the momentum or set up to get ahead of it you can be left behind. Look at Liverpool and Arsenal.
Our 4 years of post Fergie crisis have literally been more successful than either Liverpool or Arsenal’s last decade. This is exactly the kind of daft exaggeration I’m talking about. We’ve been out of the title race for little over a month and all of a sudden we’re a spent force in global football compared to the might and power of Manchester fecking City. What on Earth is happening?

Last edited:

SammyUnited_83

The longer this drags on, the more I think we will get fecked over.

Wenger himself said Sanchez was on standby yesterday, and could have left at any moment - what's the hold up?

deafepl

It's so funny.

The media and pundits: United not good enough and need to sign a better class of player if they want to challenge for the title

United: We want to sign the world class player Alexis Sanchez

The media and pundits: Sanchez shouldn't sign for united and be a guaranteed starter at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Instead he should sign for a side where he won't be first choice so he can get a championship medal by defult and because only City can ever win any trophy ever again.

Make up your minds journos and pundits, either United need better players and therefore they should be all over Sanchez, or they should just give up and accept a Liverpool style 27 years and counting mediocrity.
Perfect :lol::lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Relax people, happens every single transfer we're involved in, every journalist who wasn't involved in the transfer saga tries to get a few clicks in before the deal is completed. The amount of times over just the last few seasons this has happened should tell you that, Pogba springs to mind as does Lukaku.

littlepeasoup

Imagine City matching our offer - that'd give plenty of journalists something to think about.
We all know they'd say "Well, if you want top quality players you have to pay that little bit more." The narrative in this transfer has been so anti-United from the beginning; now I just want us to sign him to piss on everyone's chips.

Andersons Dietician

Only way they would get Martial is including 40-50mil as well as Sanchez they could throw in Bellerin as well but even then I’d probably still rather keep Martial.
Just a nonsense add on for clicks really, surely the board wouldn’t be stupid enough and if we had offered Martial this deal would already have been done as Wenger would snap a hand off to get Martial in any deal.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Wenger himself said Sanchez was on standby yesterday, and could have left at any moment - what's the hold up?
It could be announced any minute. Who knows whats going on behind the scenes. Think if City we're still in the race and upped their offer we'd be fecking swimming in an ocean media spunk right now. So for there is some nomark saying the deal is not dead.

crossy1686

career ending
Relax people, happens every single transfer we're involved in, every journalist who wasn't involved in the transfer saga tries to get a few clicks in before the deal is completed. The amount of times over just the last few seasons this has happened should tell you that, Pogba springs to mind as does Lukaku.
This. Bet this saga has been the most read article since Lukaku in the summer.

charlie9882

This guy knows nothing.
He's not bad for City. Not quite as reliable as Lee, Blackburn, Mullock, but not far off.

He's been right on a few things recently and I wouldn't dismiss it as complete nonsense, but obviously take with a pinch of salt given the massive weighting in United's favour right now.

Member 85611

If City end up out bidding us, the mess of the narrative for the journos would be entertaining to see. Money vs money.
It would still go "Mourinho outPep'd - Sanchez chooses Guardiola as Jose suffers blow despite offering HUGE money"

WoodysWallet

Has there been anything concrete with regards to a bid being made by either us or City?

Am I right I’m thinking that as things stand, we’ve had our offer accepted and City have not yet made a bid?

Seems strange that we are not hearing anything about medicals etc, if Sanchez has made his mind up to join us.

I’m praying for us to pull this off, he reminds me of Tevez in certain ways. I think the OT faithful will bring the best out of him without a doubt.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This. Bet this saga has been the most read article since Lukaku in the summer.
I think some people almost like the idea of City getting him ahead of us so they have something to moan about, clinging onto any bit of negative news and trying to make it seem as if it's huge.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
£350,000 a week? :wenger:

That's ridiculous. I reckon he'll follow the money

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Go make yourself a glass of warm milk and take some time out. These things take time - especially considering it appears to be more than just one player involved in the deal. Wenger doesn't want to sell Sanchez without a replacement and is currently negotiating with Bordeaux for Malcolm. Then you have Mkhitaryan as an option for Wenger. There's a lot of parties involved so it's going to take a little time to sort it out.

BigdaftGorby

I’m not sure how to put this without coming across as a complete WUM.

Here goes.....

I do genuinely have a very good buddy (yes that old chestnut) that is upon the hierarchy at Man City Ladies/women.

City have in fact upped there offer BUT it’s not as much as uniteds.

Sorry guys, call me a WUM but this is true and I cannot tell you who he is.....but within women’s football he’s well known.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m not sure how to put this without coming across as a complete WUM.

Here goes.....

I do genuinely have a very good buddy (yes that old chestnut) that is upon the hierarchy at Man City Ladies/women.

City have in fact upped there offer BUT it’s not as much as uniteds.

Sorry guys, call me a WUM but this is true and I cannot tell you who he is.....but within women’s football he’s well known.
Oh piss off person from the internet.

deafepl

I'd give Sanchez+30m for Martial. Confident Wenger can develop him into a world class talent. It'll be best for all parties involved, if Sanchez moves to Utd then that kills martials game time.
OK, no problem, give us Sanchez+30m for martial so you can develop him into a world-class player and send back to us for free, deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.