Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
you kind of proving my point that the young payers time is going to be reduced and thats just this season where likly to sign another attacker in the summer which will decrease their opportunities even further
Are you counting Lingard as a young player? He'll almost definitely be played on the right mostly, seeing as that's where we need to improve.

Which is my opnion, and buy players who fit round them who can also grow with them, not players coming towards the end of their prime hoping for a quick fix.

Just my opnion
It’s a valid opinion. Ideally you’d do that and build a team consisting of Pogba, Rom, Martial, Rashford etc. all staying together and peaking in a few years. What a team it’d be. (If they progress nicely).

But I guess Football at the top is so competitive. Any instant boost is jumped upon. Especially if such an opportunity presents itself.

Meh, I m tired of this BS. I woke up this morning and have been waiting and waiting, but nothing decent came out. At this moment in time I don't give a feck where he ends up. If we don't buy him, will find another one. They can't buy all the best players in the world. Some will come to us.

Pep just had his post match interview and didn’t mention anything about Aguero being injured nor did he even mention Sanchez’s name.

All this overreaction on this thread that City are going to push hard for Sanchez is just a pile of who can sound the most like Guillem Balague

Are you counting Lingard as a young player? He'll almost definitely be played on the right mostly, seeing as that's where we need to improve.
he's played quite a bit as number 10 since mkhitaryan has lost his place.
in the summer i suspect we will replace that position too.
My worry is in the summer we bring in another near 30 year old say Ozil, and where crowding out these young players who are likly to spend the next few years getting worse not better.

Shit....Delph is out for a while. They'll definitely gazump us for Sanchez now. Done deal.

Delph out? That'll be another £50 million on a full back this transfer window then. Bet the Danny Rose to City rumours start tomorrow. :lol:

Shit....Delph is out for a while. They'll definitely gazump us for Sanchez now. Done deal.

Pep always talks about players when they are close to signing.

"Thiago is the only player we are after this window"

8 years ago this was said by his teamate

All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United," revealed a Chile team-mate, who did not want to be named. "He'd give anything for that."

It’s a valid opinion. Ideally you’d do that and build a team consisting of Pogba, Rom, Martial, Rashford etc. all staying together and peaking in a few years. What a team it’d be. (If they progress nicely).

But I guess Football at the top is so competitive. Any instant boost is jumped upon. Especially if such an opportunity presents itself.
it is but it shouldn't always be, sometimes taking your time and trying to build for a few years is the best way to go.

you kind of proving my point that the young payers time is going to be reduced and thats just this season where likly to sign another attacker in the summer which will decrease their opportunities even further
Mourinho in his press conference said he sees this window as if he gets the chance to sign somebody in line with the plans, then it would negate the need to sign that position in the summer. We're blatantly in need of signing an attacker. We're not going to just settle with youngsters and hope they develop while being our main men (despite not being there yet) instead of having a well balanced squad in terms of quality and let the younger players develop as supporting cast players and still getting enough minutes. Signing Sanchez now or somebody else in the summer doesn't change that. We need more quality in attack and will definitely try to get that. So it's not like we'll just ignore our attack (despite it being the weakest part of the team), just in the hope that Martial and Rashford turn into world class players soon. They're still young and will be a few years til they get there.

I'd argue getting someone like Lukaku is more of a hinderance to our younger players. He's 24 and a 75m striker. Left wing is one of martial/rashford, neither are suited to the right, neither really #10's. So one of them can make that position his own, and the other has to be a squad player? Sanchez is 29, which is perfect because once he's done here in 3 years or so, Martial/Rashford will hopefully be good enough by that point to take over as main men. They shouldn't be automatic starters at 20, and Rashford's showed that with his poor form for most of the season. Martial is improving, but he definitely needs the help on the pitch too.

Mourinho in his press conference said he sees this window as if he gets the chance to sign somebody in line with the plans, then it would negate the need to sign that position in the summer. We're blatantly in need of signing an attacker. We're not going to just settle with youngsters and hope they develop while being our main men (despite not being there yet) instead of having a well balanced squad in terms of quality and let the younger players develop as supporting cast players and still getting enough minutes. Signing Sanchez now or somebody else in the summer doesn't change that. We need more quality in attack and will definitely try to get that. So it's not like we'll just ignore our attack (despite it being the weakest part of the team), just in the hope that Martial and Rashford turn into world class players soon. They're still young and will be a few years til they get there.

I'd argue getting someone like Lukaku is more of a hinderance to our younger players. He's 24 and a 75m striker. Left wing is one of martial/rashford, neither are suited to the right, neither really #10's. So one of them can make that position his own, and the other has to be a squad player? Sanchez is 29, which is perfect because once he's done here in 3 years or so, Martial/Rashford will hopefully be good enough by that point to take over as main men. They shouldn't be automatic starters at 20, and Rashford's showed that with his poor form for most of the season. Martial is improving, but he definitely needs the help on the pitch too.
i think come the summer you'll see Mourinho lobbying for a number 10 at least, possibly another winger too.

I also don't agree that players are suddenly ready when they get to 24 25 unless they have played regaurly for a few years before that i don't think that is going to happen.

BBC news reporter just said "City can't now go unbeaten for the rest of the season...thats a relief for Arsenal fans".

Cat out of the bag?

From Blueloon Sanchez thread. They're clinging on to whatever they can. That idiot didn't even realise that it's the unbeaten record the journo was talking about not Sanchez.

Surely Pep is going to be having a diva strop tonight and telling his bosses to stump up the cash for Sanchez?

Hate that we've been give a timeline, now I don't feel the urge to press F5 the entire time :(

A timeline? That was given by Wenger? He's full of shit, as always. Him saying 48 hrs doesn't mean anything. He didn't wan't to say that Sanchez is sitting at a negotiation table so he gave an arbitrary "timeline".

50 new pages of posts in this thread today, and basically nothing new has happened...

it is but it shouldn't always be, sometimes taking your time and trying to build for a few years is the best way to go.

He'll be sacked though if he has to wait season after season! He needs to win now whilst preparing for the future at the same time. We are better situated for the future with these young players right now he needs to address the balance.

FEck me!! :lol::lol::lol:

The ITK rumour mill, for what it's worth, says it's already done and City have moved onto other things.

The reply.

Done which way? Christ you can't be ambiguous here.

Bluemoon folks are the thickest cnuts. How is that ambiguous. He clearly said City moved onto other things.

Think we have this wrapped up already and it's just a matter of time now before something is announced.

Oh my.....Pep is pissed now! After that loss, he stormed right out of the dressing room, headed straight to his managerial desk - picked up the phone to Monsour and roared " I've changed my mind... Make Sanchez Mine"

Its over folks. He's a blue.

Thanks for nothing Liverpool, if only you let city win and didn't get angry :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.