Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think you bring in a player who plays in the positon they are playing and they arnt gonna sit on the bench?

yes its great for players to play wit players with experince but they all need to play, and get good training.

Sanchez can play RW or even sit just behind Lukaku whilst Martial / Rashford lie on the LW. He's played RW the most throughout his career and that is the wing we need to improve upon.

It's the usual when a big transfer is about to be concluded one way or the other: some really insecure people here who are too afraid to be happy because what if this what if that... no, it's not even what ifs with them, they will grab onto whatever negative strohalm there is and convince themselves that it's not happening after all. Grow a pair. :lol:
@pocco and Pogba

People think that this is Football Manager where Pep can press a button and sign Sanchez after one bad result, in total disregard that Sanchez is probably signing his personal terms with us at the same moment :lol:

People are acting as if Pep told Sanchez he is not wanted at City, unless they were to lose to Liverpool. Fwiw I think Sanchez's next club had already been picked before City's game today even started.

The thing with Pep is that he plays 2 attacking midfielders as centre midfielders, so his response to conceding 4 today might be to get another attacker so that they can score 5 next time. No but on a serious note, if Aguero is actually injured, I'd expect the situation to change and for City to ramp up their interest in Sanchez (if they haven't been doing so already).
Either way what happens, happens.

Depends though. Length of the contract we offer. Wages. Transfer fee.

In this case, surely the transfer fee “saving” due to his contract length, of signing a player of his ability in the current market justifies the signing quite a bit?
your right it does, but its likly to be a 4 to 5 year contact on one of the higest wages in world football amd a 25 to 30 million transfer fee, for me that kind of money for a some one who is near 30 whose plays in a position we have a lot of talent (that needs game time and and good coaching), who is reliant on pace isn't a great move for the long term health of the club.

For me it doesn't, it just feels like where going after a player becuase they are available and cheap rather then going after the right player.

Aguero was hobbling at the end there and he's there only remaining striker so if he's out they need a replacement it would make Sanchez a necessity for them.

My point was why would they go for Sanchez because they lost to Liverpool, like a lot of people are suggesting. I did say apart from Aguero as well if you read the first part... But even so they still have players scoring almost game in game out without Aguero and Jesus (Sane Sterling on form etc)

It makes my fecking teeth itch. Even if we didnt get Sanchez we are still good enough for 2nd and to get to the last 8 at least in the CL. Sanchez was never on our radar so, assuming he joins us and plays well, anything else is a bonus.

:lol:

But yeah you're spot on. If he signs then fecking great. If he doesn't we will go someone like Dybala in the summer. We will make moves at one point or another!

Let's goooooo for the hattrick! City losing today, a win against Stoke and announcing Alexis.

Jeez, first defeat of the season for City away to Liverpool at Anfield and this place is in meltdown.

That defeat just highlights the fact they need defensive reinforcements. A CB & LB.

It’s like so many people are desperately wanting him to sign for City when they don’t really need him as much as we do.

Reactions: esmufc07
You seem to have an agenda, you know.
Agenda? :lol: like what? Im secretly a man city spy who want to turn the fan base agaisnt sanchez?
my only agenda is i'm a united fan and want the best for the club, sorry that my idea of what that entails doesn't match yours, but i don't think that counts as an Agenda lol

your right it does, but its likly to be a 4 to 5 year contact on one of the higest wages in world football amd a 25 to 30 million transfer fee, for me that kind of money for a some one who is near 30 whose plays in a position we have a lot of talent (that needs game time and and good coaching), who is reliant on pace isn't a great move for the long term health of the club.

For me it doesn't, it just feels like where going after a player becuase they are available and cheap rather then going after the right player.
Fair enough Shakes, you raise some good points, especially about the youngsters we have on board. I guess it’s more of an “instant impact” signing, whereas some fans would be happier giving time for youngsters to develop.

You think you bring in a player who plays in the positon they are playing and they arnt gonna sit on the bench?

yes its great for players to play wit players with experince but they all need to play, and get good training.
No but what I think is Mourinho tries to find a way to fit them all in. Sanchez plays pretty much anywhere across the front line. Plays a lot on the left of course. He played on the right before, and Wenger himself said he thinks he's better there. He's also played right behind the striker plenty of times. He's also played up top plenty of times and most of last season. That's the benefit with Sanchez, he's versatile and world class in all of those positions, and likes to roam anyway, but will always score goals wherever he is.

The way I see it, there's 6 spots in the attack and midfield every game. Matic, Pogba and Sanchez (and probably Lukaku) would be automatic starters when fit, with 2 spots up for grabs which will be rotated depending on form and opponent between Martial, lingard, Rashford and Mata. Herrera/Fellaini to make it a midfield 3 on occasion too. That seems perfectly fine for me. Lingards been in really good form, but he's not the level of player that makes him an automatic choice. Mourinho will always be hesitant with Mata, especially in big games. Rashford isn't anywhere close to being ready to being an automatic starter, and should only be a squad player/impact sub considering his current ability. Martial is the closest one of the others who can be seen as becoming a starter. Options can be like this:

Lukaku Martial/Sanchez
Sanchez/Lingard (3-4-1-2)

Martial/Rash Lukaku Sanchez (midfield 3 behind)

Lukaku (4-2-3-1)
Sanchez Lingard Mata

Lukaku (4-2-3-1)
Martial/Rash Sanchez Mata/Lingard
Plenty of options and a lot more in line in what the attack of a top team should look like, because it's definitely lacking right now.

Fair enough Shakes, you raise some good points, especially about the youngsters we have on board. I guess it’s more of an “instant impact” signing, whereas some fans would be happier giving time for youngsters to develop.
Which is my opnion, and buy players who fit round them who can also grow with them, not players coming towards the end of their prime hoping for a quick fix.

Just my opnion

No but what I think is Mourinho tries to find a way to fit them all in. Sanchez plays pretty much anywhere across the front line. Plays a lot on the left of course. He played on the right before, and Wenger himself said he thinks he's better there. He's also played right behind the striker plenty of times. He's also played up top plenty of times and most of last season. That's the benefit with Sanchez, he's versatile and world class in all of those positions, and likes to roam anyway, but will always score goals wherever he is.

The way I see it, there's 6 spots in the attack and midfield every game. Matic, Pogba and Sanchez (and probably Lukaku) would be automatic starters when fit, with 2 spots up for grabs which will be rotated depending on form and opponent between Martial, lingard, Rashford and Mata. Herrera/Fellaini to make it a midfield 3 on occasion too. That seems perfectly fine for me. Lingards been in really good form, but he's not the level of player that makes him an automatic choice. Mourinho will always be hesitant with Mata, especially in big games. Rashford isn't anywhere close to being ready to being an automatic starter, and should only be a squad player/impact sub considering his current ability. Martial is the closest one of the others who can be seen as becoming a starter. Options can be like this:

Lukaku Martial/Sanchez
Sanchez/Lingard (3-4-1-2)

Martial/Rash Lukaku Sanchez (midfield 3 behind)

Lukaku (4-2-3-1)
Sanchez Lingard Mata

Lukaku (4-2-3-1)
Martial/Rash Sanchez Mata/Lingard
Plenty of options and a lot more in line in what the attack of a top team should look like, because it's definitely lacking right now.
you kind of proving my point that the young payers time is going to be reduced and thats just this season where likly to sign another attacker in the summer which will decrease their opportunities even further

Status
Not open for further replies.