Alex Sandro

Probably best to calm down. All this based on an off the cuff comment in a podcast that Castles hasnt even bothered tweeting and literally no other journalist has said a word

He;s been my muppet signing all summer such is the need for a LB

Great news this, if true. Get Alderweireld and Bale and I'd be buzzing with that window.

------------------------DDG---------------------
Dalot--------Alderweireld--Lindelof----Sandro
-----------Fred-------Matic------Pogba--------
--Bale--------------Lukaku-----------Sanchez

Lindelof instead of Bailly??
Suddenly People forget that Bailly is our best CB.

Probably best to calm down. All this based on an off the cuff comment in a podcast that Castles hasnt even bothered tweeting and literally no other journalist has said a word
To be fair to the cock headed gimp, he has been spending 23 hours a day composing sarky tweets about the use of VAR at the WC. He can only do so much. He's only one man.

Castles has been saying this on his podcast for weeks, possibly longer. This isn't a new development, it's just being taken out of context.

He drops little bombs like this purely to promote his podcast, its shameless to be honest. Can understand why people are clutching at straws, most would agree LB is a priority.

He’s missed about 50% of our matches since he’s joined. Currently Smalling is our best CB.

Would be pleased to see Sandro join us, but don’t rate his as high as some on here, he’s just had a beverage season. Besides - we have the World Cup’s best left back on our books!

He’s missed about 50% of our matches since he’s joined. Currently Smalling is our best CB.

Would be pleased to see Sandro join us, but don’t rate his as high as some on here, he’s just had a beverage season. Besides - we have the World Cup’s best left back on our books!
Right we don’t need alcoholics

To be fair to the cock headed gimp, he has been spending 23 hours a day composing sarky tweets about the use of VAR at the WC. He can only do so much. He's only one man.
Well when you put it that way :lol:

Don't agree but just goes to show the complete poverty of options.
I think Young has harmed England in attacking areas, due to no fault of his.

He drops little bombs like this purely to promote his podcast, its shameless to be honest. Can understand why people are clutching at straws, most would agree LB is a priority.

He's not really 'dropped a bomb' here - he's just repeating the same thing he's been saying re Sandro all summer - United want/wanted the player, the player wants/wanted the move, but the clubs are miles apart on their valuations = no deal.

He's not really 'dropped a bomb' here - he's just repeating the same thing he's been saying re Sandro all summer - United want/wanted the player, the player wants/wanted the move, but the clubs are miles apart on their valuations = no deal.
Well he's not calling it an exclusive but he's happy to make a comment on it that he knows will generate hype on social media and places like this, building interest in his podcast.

Don’t think the pies help much either tbh

Don't agree but just goes to show the complete poverty of options.
I think Young has harmed England in attacking areas, due to no fault of his.

Agreed England look much better with Rose at the LB because of the natural width he provides.
Every time Ashley Young gets the ball on the left you know exactly what he is going to do.

Other than Marcelo or maybe Alaba can’t think of a better left back in the world. Would be a brilliant signing. Was shocked Brazil didn’t take him to the World Cup.

Great news this, if true. Get Alderweireld and Bale and I'd be buzzing with that window.

Not that I wouldn't be happy with Sandro, Alderweireld and Bale... But it's not exactly realistic. :lol:
At most I can see us signing 2 of those, not 3.

It's unhealthy how pleased I am to hear this. I should take some time off everything and reflect on my life!

If we do sign Sandro or equivalent, and don't sign a RW as most expect, I think it is a clearer sign than ever than we may be moving to a 352

-----------------------DDG-------------------------
----------Bailly-----New CB------Lindelof----------
Dalot/Young----------Matic----------------Sandro
-----------------Fred---------Pogba-----------------
--------------Lukaku--------Sanchez---------------

Thoughts?

If we do sign Sandro or equivalent, and don't sign a RW as most expect, I think it is a clearer sign than ever than we may be moving to a 352

Thoughts?

Like the look of that

Not that I wouldn't be happy with Sandro, Alderweireld and Bale... But it's not exactly realistic. :lol:
At most I can see us signing 2 of those, not 3.

Thoughts?

Quite possible. I think a signing like Bale would be a game changer though.

Bailly isn't our best centreback. He is potentially our best, but in the two years he's been here even when he's fit he's had almost as many periods of shaky form as he has good form. When he can stay fit and show a consistent run of form over a good period of time then we can start talking about him being our best. Until then Smalling holds that title, partly because he is much better than many give him credit for, and partly by default as he's the only one we have who is remotely reliable.

Other than Marcelo or maybe Alaba can’t think of a better left back in the world. Would be a brilliant signing. Was shocked Brazil didn’t take him to the World Cup.

If he is that good, then why the heck did a 32 year-old Filipe Luis go ahead of him?!

Bailly isn't our best centreback. He is potentially our best, but in the two years he's been here even when he's fit he's had almost as many periods of shaky form as he has good form. When he can stay fit and show a consistent run of form over a good period of time then we can start talking about him being our best. Until then Smalling holds that title, partly because he is much better than many give him credit for, and partly by default as he's the only one we have who is remotely reliable.

Bailly has been a rock when he has been playing. His composure with the ball is something our other CBs lack. Think he showed class right from the start in Premier League wich is really hard to do.

Agree that Smalling is underrated and in my opinion is our second best CB after Bailly.

Lindelof, Jones, Rojo and even Smalling do lack alittle tactical awareness to be "top class cb". Jones especially with his stupid tackle on Hazard in the FA cup final against Chelsea wich resulted in the penalty, after 7 years in United football he should know better, and against Spurs away he was atrocious. Lindelof looked lost at times last year. Rojo has too many "brainfarts". Smalling has been more consistent and scores important goals but still messes up with silly mistakes and lacks alittle composure when under threat from opposing team.

If he is that good, then why the heck did a 32 year-old Filipe Luis go ahead of him?!
This has been discussed a million times over.
Tite like every other manager has preferences, like him playing Jesus over Firmino ;like Low deciding not to include Sane in the WC squad.
Maybe Tite wanted the experience of Luis, maybe he wanted a different option to Marcelo as Luis is better defensively.

Thoughts?
I quite like the look of that, looks a very solid line up. An experienced CB would be very beneficial to Bailly and Lindelof, who both have talent but lack proper guidance.

Thoughts?

What happens to Valencia in your opinion? Surprised you put Young over him on RB, thought Young would continue as backup on the left.

Thoughts?
I like the look of it but I have my doubts José will move to a 5-3-2 full-time.

It’s definately good to have options though and can see him use this formation in certain games like against City, Liverpool etc;

What happens to Valencia in your opinion? Surprised you put Young over him on RB, thought Young would continue as backup on the left.

You beat me to that. Valencia is showing signs of wear and tear but I still think that he's still better then Young.