Alex Sandro

It seems that we are working to a budget. Whether we like it or not, City moved the bar on prices for full backs last season and what we’re seeing with Sandro is being deemed the going rate.
Don't think LB is a priority position for us, especially considering neither Young nor Shaw will be leaving this summer.

Also, can't see us doing any business with players in World Cup squads now until after the tournament ends...

Don't think LB is a priority position for us, especially considering neither Young nor Shaw will be leaving this summer.

Also, can't see us doing any business with players in World Cup squads now until after the tournament ends...

It should be a priority for us, and there has been a bit of noise regarding potential new signings in that position. Is it your opinion that left back shouldn’t be a priority? Or is that just how you think the club view it? Shaw must want to move on after last season and surely Mourinho, if not actively wanting rid of him, is at the very least not bothered about keeping him.

Also, Alex Sandro never made the Brazil squad.

Dalot at left back.
Young and Valencia to rotate for right back :wenger:

That's not the answer though is it?

Dalot needs to establish himself in the team first and foremost and he needs to do that from RB as that's what he's been signed for.

Reports that we wont go as high as Juve want for Sandro and no other credible links for a LB for us.

Also hearing a CB is a higher priority for Jose. Odd as we are stacked in CB and pretty much drying out for an established LB. Admittedly our CB options aren't amazing, but until some are sold I cant see the logic in getting a new one.

LB should be a high priority, unless we play Shaw there. Young and Valencia cannot be out 1st choice FB's for another year.

I don't know enough about Sandro to be excited or let down if we don't get him, a lot of hype but is he the real deal. Darmian came with hype.....

That's not the answer though is it?

Dalot needs to establish himself in the team first and foremost and he needs to do that from RB as that's what he's been signed for.

Reports that we wont go as high as Juve want for Sandro and no other credible links for a LB for us.

Also hearing a CB is a higher priority for Jose. Odd as we are stacked in CB and pretty much drying out for an established LB. Admittedly our CB options aren't amazing, but until some are sold I cant see the logic in getting a new one.

LB should be a high priority, unless we play Shaw there. Young and Valencia cannot be out 1st choice FB's for another year.

I don't know enough about Sandro to be excited or let down if we don't get him, a lot of hype but is he the real deal. Darmian came with hype.....

We don't know this for certain though do we? He played at LB at Porto in the youth teams quite often, maybe Jose sees him rotating there for us until Valencia retires..

We don't know this for certain though do we? He played at LB at Porto in the youth teams quite often, maybe Jose sees him rotating there for us until Valencia retires..

No, but he's a RB who can play LB.

We currently play Young as LB out of position and don't use Shaw who is a LB. Playing someone else out of position makes little sense to me but agree Jose may go this way if he deems a CB more important.

I'd sign a LB over a CB, unless Shaw is to be 1st choice and not slated by Jose after every game.

Dalot may be an option, but you could say Rojo/Blind CAN play there, doesn't mean that's the best option for us

It should be a priority for us, and there has been a bit of noise regarding potential new signings in that position. Is it your opinion that left back shouldn’t be a priority? Or is that just how you think the club view it? Shaw must want to move on after last season and surely Mourinho, if not actively wanting rid of him, is at the very least not bothered about keeping him.

Also, Alex Sandro never made the Brazil squad.
I think it's the clubs perspective. Shaw would probably fancy a move at this point but I don't think he'll have many takers due to the wages he's on and how he's performed since the injury. If Shaw does go then I expect the LB position to be a priority but I have a feeling Shaw will get a lot of attention this summer and will get a shot at redemption in the coming season. From what we've seen of him, I think Shaw has some major issues, personal, mental, whatever. If he does the club will have to stand by him until he's better or his contract runs down. It would be a PR nightmare if we dumped him due to him suffering from depression for the last couple of years.

Anyway, I'd like a new left back for sure but if we're not going to business for that kind of money on a fullback, then Sandro either is that good or we feel €60m for a fullback is just daft.

It does seem fairly farcical that we're playing a veteran right footed winger at left back, and not recognising it's a position requiring an urgent need of an upgrade.
He'd be fine to be squad fill for either full back position, but not be the main starter!

Duncan Castles saying we have agreed personal terms on his podcast. Anyone able to verify?

This is exactly the sort of news we need to be hearing. Finally we can look forward to seeing actual quality on the left hand side.

I can’t believe that we won’t be in for a LB.

Hope it’s true. Dunc the Egg is usually good as a Mourinho mouthpiece. It’d be absurd if we go into the season with 33 year old winger Ashley Young as our starting left back with the backup as Luke Shaw who I don’t think gives a feck anymore... especially if he isn’t actively pushing for a transfer somewhere as we speak.

Get a right winger who can ideally score as well as create (but mainly create) and an experienced centre back then I’ll be pretty happy with the team.

Hopefully this line about Fellaini staying meaning we can allocate money to said players is true, and not have to spend on getting Fellainis replacement too.

Great news this, if true. Get Alderweireld and Bale and I'd be buzzing with that window.

------------------------DDG---------------------
Dalot--------Alderweireld--Lindelof----Sandro
-----------Fred-------Matic------Pogba--------
--Bale--------------Lukaku-----------Sanchez

I think if Ronaldo goes to Juve we will likely see Alex Sandro at United as Juve will probably will have to shatter their wage structure and get some funds to do the Ronaldo deal.

However - please tell me we arent spending enough on a LB to let Juve buy fecking Ronaldo

Castles refers to Juve holding out for 60m euros. Which is the same price that's been rumoured for a year now. Might cover a fifth of the overall package it'll cost to bring Ronaldo. I really don't care if it helps them acquire Ronaldo, we need a top class left back.

My top wish list. We need him that badly imo. I'd be very OK with is spending €60m

Throw to Juve what they want for him. Massive signing if it happens.

I hope we really want to buy sandro and can get him. Then I wont need to be angry anymore because reading news about our young fat lazy LB, waste of resources and space

So how come he isn’t backup to Marcelo for Brazil?

Because Tite chose to have a more defensive alternative to Marcelo and Felipe Luis is probably as good as Alex Sandro anyway.

Exactly. Just mentioned United and Sandro in passing, talking about Tierney and how values of left-backs have skyrocketed. Same fee as he's been mentioning since May.

Yep. Doesn't look like a deal will get done unless Juve suddenly drop their asking price. Situation unchanged for a couple of months.