2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

El-Manos

I don’t rate him and that’s not based on this match alone. The guy has been praised to high heavens like he’s the second coming of Ronaldo. In reality he neither has the technical ability nor has the iq. On top of that he’s selfish as hell.
Any team would have him in their squad. He might not be a” 2nd Ronaldo “ but undoubtedly a talented player.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Come on, Ronaldo's technical ability was always lightyears ahead of Garnacho. Making that comparison does no favours to him.
At 19 Ronaldo's technical ability was 50 stepovers everytime he got the ball

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In all honesty, if any, and I mean any winger had one of our fullbacks on toast like Garnacho did White, we would be either singing his praises or bashing our own fullback. His end product was meh, but a couple of his crosses were quite good.
Nah, his end product was abysmal today. It's why a lot of people stopped moving as they had no idea what he was going to do. Hes only 19, so I'm happy he's creating the chances against one of the best teams in the league, but he has to be better if we are to rely on him in the future.

Idxomer

Yeah, teenagers are notoriously unselfish :lol:
The thing with teenagers at United, though, is that they become more selfish as they get older. He was less selfish last season. Rashford wasn't as selfish as a teenager as he is now, Greenwood also got worse in his 2nd year.

Rashford tried to emulate Ronaldo's game without having the tools to do so, and now I see Garnacho doing the same. 7 shots today and I think only once taking a shot was the right decision. Tbf, this is mostly on the managers and the lack of respected players in the dressing room.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just don't understand a player being this selfish at his age.
He didn’t use to be this selfish did he. I remember when he first came into the team he would try and lay of team mates. Maybe it’s the team spirit being so bad that no one gets along with each other

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The thing with teenagers at United, though, is that they become more selfish as they get older. He was less selfish last season. Rashford wasn't as selfish as a teenager as he is now, Greenwood also got worse in his 2nd year.

Rashford tried to emulate Ronaldo's game without having the tools to do so, and now I see Garnacho doing the same. 7 shots today and I think only once taking a shot was the right decision. Tbf, this is mostly on the managers and the lack of respected players in the dressing room.
I think there were a lot of good opportunities to shoot, he just couldn't hit a barn door or stay on his feet today. His crossing wasn't too bad, but naive to hang it up so often with a keeper that's bread and butter is claiming crosses.

He'll be fine, this was just a bad day. A very good example of how a small change in decision making can be all the difference.

flameinthesun

At the moment he's just a tad bit below the speed and strength required to be a dead cert superstar player. If over the next couple years he can unlock just a little bit more speed and strength he will be a very good player. Does also need to work on his finishing.

pascell

You can tell he just isn't being coached properly, he's making the same mistakes game after game. He barely looks to link up play and instead chooses to shoot more often than not, often missing the target.

You can't fault his work ethic but he's still making the same mistakes.

El Jefe

I’ve always felt he will be a good member of the squad going forward but the way some try to class him as an elite talent has never made sense to me.

He’s a talent somewhere in the middle of Rashford and Walcott.

Baffling how some think we can go into next season with him as a guaranteed starter.

FriedClams

At the moment he's just a tad bit below the speed and strength required to be a dead cert superstar player. If over the next couple years he can unlock just a little bit more speed and strength he will be a very good player. Does also need to work on his finishing.
What are you talking about with his speed? He is lightning quick.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
No discipline and no one at the club disciplining him.

What other young allegedly future world class players (he isn't, but people like to say he is...) are allowed to do what they want on the field and play Fifa style running into 2 and 3 defenders and taking stupid shots all the time, game after game?

Just breeding horrible habits in him. He has very good dribbling skills and there is no attempts being made to make him use it in an intelligent way.

city-puma

Compared to last year, he has developed so much so significantly! In this rate, within two years, he will have a truly breakout, elite season coming up. Please stay injury free , continue the development and learning. People might be frustrated in end product, but he is on the right path to get there.

MrBest

If you think Garnacho possesses the same talent and ability as young Ronaldo then you have a dodgy judgement.
I did not say Garnacho possess the same talent as Ronaldo nor do I think that and I also do not sit here and try to forecast where Garnacho will be in 10 years time. Anything can happen to a player, I remember Deli Ali was once the young king of England, now he cannot get into any side he plays for, only 26.

Regarding Garnacho & Ronaldo, I said that people wrote off Ronaldo at a very young age. He made mistakes and was not fluent, he frustrated a lot of the fan base. He was basically young and people did not want to see how he grew. No one expected what came after but his talent was there and obvious.

I'm simply reminding you, it's naive to write off a player, who is 19 years old, has about 15 years left in the game, played 2 professional seasons and has probably been the most consistent player we have had in the worst season Man United have had in a very very long time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ronaldo was extremely fortunate to be working alongside proven experienced winners and a manager who was exceptional at improving and handling young players.
Garnacho, like Mainoo and Hojlund, doesn't have that.
I would be alot less harsh on him, personally.

Superunknown

Ronaldo was extremely fortunate to be working alongside proven experienced winners and a manager who was exceptional at improving and handling young players.
Garnacho, like Mainoo and Hojlund, doesn't have that.
I would be alot less harsh on him, personally.
I completely agree with this. We haven't got the right setup or circumstances to get the most out of these players. We desperately need to improve on that front.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
He really needs to focus on decision making and end product. He constantly shoots poorly and is not seeing passes, costing the team good chances week in week out. People focus on him now, because he was exeptionally poor this week, but he has probably had a good 2 months and a pretty poor rest of the season.

Thing is... The rest of our wingers were even worse, and he's one of the youngest, most promising one of them. In the United of old, he would've been in rotation and he could learn and sit some games out every now and then..

flameinthesun

What are you talking about with his speed? He is lightning quick.
He's quick but not blistering quick e.g. Rasford quick. He also is not a great dribbler, although he has the potential to be. That combined with his lack of strength is why at this moment there are fullbacks that he struggles to beat. However, he is young. This is why im still on the fence of whether he will just be a decent/good prem winger i.e. someone who would be on the bench for us if we had a title challenging team or whether if he got a little bit stronger and quicker that he could potentially be a world class winger. Adding to that he also needs to improve his finishing. However none of those are givens. Its not a given that he is going to get stronger, quicker and better at finishing.

Nicolarra90

I guess he wants to be the next Ronaldo. And he'll die trying. So he either makes it or fails, but he'll never be a passer.
Take it or leave it I guess.

I'd still give him 1 or 2 seasons.