Player Agent: #Leaders
Position: Attack - Left Winger
Foot: Right
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2028
Date of Last Contract Extension: Apr 28, 2023
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

MUFC OK

Assuming we sign a CF, how does Garnacho break in to the team as a starter? Can’t see ETH not starting Antony when he’s fit.

RuudTom83

Garnacho will be fine, it’s Martial and Sancho that should be worried about their place.

For this season coming Garnacho just needs to improve his numbers from last season.

5 Starts, 3 Goals, 2 Assist in the Prem league.

Will he have the tricky second syndrome.

Crimson King

Assuming we sign a CF, how does Garnacho break in to the team as a starter? Can’t see ETH not starting Antony when he’s fit.
Well, Antony starting won't effect Garnacho at all, seeing as he's only ever shown that he can impact games from the left so far and Antony plays on the right. Seems like another completely unnecessary dig at Antony...

Garnacho has only just turned 19, and has only shown he can impact games as a sub so far. If he's going to break into the team as a regular he'll have to prove that he deserves to start over whomever is ahead of him, just like any other young player.

MUFC OK

Well, Antony starting won't effect Garnacho at all, seeing as he's only ever shown that he can impact games from the left so far and Antony plays on the right. Seems like another completely unnecessary dig at Antony...

Garnacho has only just turned 19, and has only shown he can impact games as a sub so far. If he's going to break into the team as a regular he'll have to prove that he deserves to start over whomever is ahead of him, just like any other young player.
Because he’s only been introduced as a sub. How many games did he even start last season? See absolutely no way he’s starting ahead of Rashford when both are fit which is why I only mentioned Antony.

Crimson King

Because he’s only been introduced as a sub. How many games did he even start last season? See absolutely no way he’s starting ahead of Rashford when both are fit which is why I only mentioned Antony.
He did start a couple, and EtH even challenged him to start impacting games from the start.

I think he'll start more games here and there, especially if/who we sign as a CF. Rashford may well end to playing through the middle a fair bit again.

Leonzo1

At the moment It looks like Rasmus will be our only forward signing.
Our options for the LF/CF positions will be: Rashford Hoijland Martial and Garnacho.

Rashford will start the vast majority of games. I will be amazed if Martial reaches 30 appearences all comps given his injury record. And Hoijland is a massive question mark at the moment. Garnacho will get plenty of game time. My guess is 20 starts and around 35-40 appearences in all competitions, depending on our cup progress of course.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He started 10 games last season.

There was a period that Garnacho and Sancho were basically alternating as to which one started and which one came off the bench. Whichever way we did it, the one who started struggled and the one who got subbed on performed better.

As of now, Garnacho shouldn't be seen as a regular starter. He's still more of an impact player. Obviously it's something that he will hopefully improve on in the next couple of years and how to fit both he and Rashford into the team might become an issue, but next season will be fine.

crossy1686

career ending
Garnacho has earned the right to play before Sancho and Martial now so I'd worry more about those two forcing their way back into the team than him getting minutes.

MUFC OK

Garnacho has earned the right to play before Sancho and Martial now so I'd worry more about those two forcing their way back into the team than him getting minutes.
I agree he’s early the right to play before those two but with Rashford, Hojlund, Antony fit - where is his starting spot coming from in the next 4 years or so? It’s a valid point because he certainly needs to be a starter in that period in order to reach his potential.

Devil You Know

Until Garnacho can play well as starter rather than a late substitute, I don't think he's earned a right to anything.

Sancho is ahead of him for now. Jadon might have underwhelmed in his United career so far, but he has at least shown he's more than an impact sub. Hopefully, Garnacho will overtake him by Christmas though.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He hasn’t earned the right to play before Martial as they don’t play the same position.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I agree he’s early the right to play before those two but with Rashford, Hojlund, Antony fit - where is his starting spot coming from in the next 4 years or so? It’s a valid point because he certainly needs to be a starter in that period in order to reach his potential.
Impact sub/ squad rotation.

I think among Rashford, Hojlund and Garnacho, whoever 2 are in better form will start.

crossy1686

career ending
Something will give and one of those names won’t reach the peaks that the others will and they’ll be the bench player. Same situation at somewhere like City, Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Silva etc. someone gets benched, someone plays. It depends on form I guess.

crossy1686

career ending
He hasn’t earned the right to play before Martial as they don’t play the same position.
No, but if Martial starts as CF then Rashford starts as LW which means Garnacho is on the bench. If Martial is dropped and Rashford fills in the CF position then Garnacho starts at LW.

MUFC OK

Something will give and one of those names won’t reach the peaks that the others will and they’ll be the bench player. Same situation at somewhere like City, Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Silva etc. someone gets benched, someone plays. It depends on form I guess.
Good point you make. Hopefully if we are competing where we want to be, we will have that kind of strength in depth and keep the squad fresh and content.

L1nk

Anyone else think he'll get Greenwoods no11 if we loan/sell MG?

This is exactly what I come here to post.. He definitely isn't keeping the same number but they haven't given him a new one yet.. I was speculating whether he might actually get 11 as a left winger

RuudTom83

He hardly touched the ball against Arsenal...but he will be dying to put on a show against Real tonight.

C'mon! :devil:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Didn't track back well but very good on the ball and going forward. Looked motivated. So hard to defend against as he has no problem going on the outside too, seemingly our only winger who understands the benefit of that

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He needs to add some more variety to his game or he’ll continue just being our super sub. Still too raw in too many areas
He also needs to build relationships with our playmaker and striker for that chemistry and natural patterns of play. I don't want him to end up like Rashford in that regard, playing in his head or with his head down. I think Garnacho has pretty good ability besides dribling and running, he just needs a hungry striker to aim at and someone that gets him enough to really play with him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He needs to add some more variety to his game or he’ll continue just being our super sub. Still too raw in too many areas
This.

He will get the 2nd year drop-off when teams have figured out a way to nullify him. Plus he isn't contributing much to team play -- buildup phase or defensive play.

Soon, Caftards will be yelling for him to be sold by next summer. And on to the next new shiny object.

NoPace

I was impressed. Gave Carvajal real trouble and lots of good wingers have struggled to do that over the years.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He played better than Antony. If he's super sub level, what would that make Antony be?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he was our best forward by a distance vs. Real.
Agreed, surprised (well not really it’s the caf) by the comments on here. He was unpredictable too going outside and in. Only complaint is he should have hit the target early on, but I think if he plays a whole season he would score a decent number of goals for us. I reckon more than Sancho or Antony.

santeria13

Sublemon
He played better than Antony. If he's super sub level, what would that make Antony be?
He was better than Antony and Sancho by a considerable distance last season too. I don't get how anyone can argue otherwise. Antony's only advantage over him is his defensive work.

I guess it's because most of his good performances came off the bench. Then again, I remember Sancho/Antony being pretty poor off the bench as well. I really fear for our attack if either of them are starting this season.

-Supreme-

I didn’t get to see the game today but why was he not in the squad?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I will probably get flamed for this but i want Garnacho to start on LW ahead of Rashford this season.
Get the pitchforks out. This poster is the reason why sometimes we line up with weird formations

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Generally, one of Garnacho, Rashford and Hojlund will always be benched - as I don't see any of them playing off the right hand side where Antony will set himself.

Its a good conundrum for Ten Hagg to have as one of them will always come off the bench for impact.
I think Garnacho will have another season predominantly be an action sub - but the following season, it will be hard to justify keeping him on the bench if he continues his trajectory.

AlexUTD

Yes you deserve to be flamed for this.
Get the pitchforks out. This poster is the reason why sometimes we line up with weird formations
Sorry :(

I just feel that Garnacho will blow up this year if played enough and overall game and skills will surpass Rashy.

This boy have Ballon d`Or written all over him i think.

Let the flaming commence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

This is exactly what I come here to post.. He definitely isn't keeping the same number but they haven't given him a new one yet.. I was speculating whether he might actually get 11 as a left winger
Has he been given a new one? When do we have to finalise squad numbers?