Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

He has Saudi mercenary written all over his wage demands….

Let's see (jeez I sound like Romano) if he's willing to take a lower wage like De Ligt was to join. If he's just chasing the money then Saudi are welcome to take him much as I'm a fan of his

what are his wage demands??? can't see him coming unlike Casemiro goes to a Saudi club

Think it hinges more on Eriksen leaving, wage demands supposed to be around €7m a year
Eriksen should be going back to Italy and playing...that would suit him b/c of the pace and style of play

7m a year for Rabiot isn't terrible considering he'd be on a free transfer

Eriksen should be going back to Italy and playing...that would suit him b/c of the pace and style of play

He's not allowed to play there with a pacemaker, that's why he left Inter.

He's not allowed to play there with a pacemaker, that's why he left Inter.
oh mate thats right....feck, no chance we can move him on to another club unless he wants to go back to denmark to finish out his career at home

That would be net rather than gross if the report you read was Italian. Too much for him in my opinion. Even on a bosman
Italy no longer has the favorable tax treatment for footballers, so I would think it'd be gross too? Unless it's just a reporting difference.

If it is gross, £7M is about Eriksen's wage. It's really a reasonable amount for a squad player with no transfer fee to amortize on the books. It's roughly 1.5% of our total annual budget (assuming £300M in player wages and £150M in annual amortization).

Has he been linked with anyone at all? Seems very quiet, as usually there is a lot of noise around him.

Has he been linked with anyone at all? Seems very quiet, as usually there is a lot of noise around him.

Gut feeling is people are in no rush as he's a free agent so deal can be done after window closes, could also be that he needs to lower demands if he wants a move bad enough.

Italy has some type of prohibition on playing with pacemaker installed. Why he left in the first place I recall.

Edit: Saw many replied this already,

Italy has some type of prohibition on playing with pacemaker installed. Why he left in the first place I recall.

Edit: Saw many replied this already,

Weren't Anderlecht possibly interested, failing that maybe a return to his homeland

McTom and Eriksen out

Rabiot and Ugarte In

I'm convinced we walked away because wasn't willing to lower his demands to fit structure, shame really because those two signings could have allowed us to keep midfielders fresh

There doesn't seem to be much interest on either player. Pellestri looks on his way out but not sure we'll get a huge amount in from Panathinaikos.

Says to me he doesn't want to play badly enough, if he did then would take that pay cut to do it

I can see him joining Al Nassr or Fenerbahce when the EPL deadline day is over. No one wants him here

Apparently he is asking for quite an increase

Sorry that was 150k Euros not GBP.

From what I can see he was looking for an increase from €7m to €8m a year to stay at Juventus which would be the equivalent of around £130k a week.

He seems to be looking for £150k to join United, which is what Eriksen is on. He could well be looking for a hefty signing on fee, so he wouldn't exactly be free, but his wages have never been particularly high.

Are you seeing higher figures being quoted somewhere? I'm struggling to find any.

Apparently he is asking for quite an increase

Which is quite understandable since he is a starter of the French national team and his new club wont have to pay a transferfee for him.

Rabiot has a market value of 35 million on transfermarkt. If a club saves spending around 35m in transfer fees, why shouldnt he ask for a much higher wage?

Weren't Anderlecht possibly interested, failing that maybe a return to his homeland
From general experience very few scandinavian foreign country pro players of higher caliber return to the home league, the level is so very low and the playing conditions on synthetic pitches and fairly physical play and low pay probably factor in.

Sorry that was 150k Euros not GBP.

From what I can see he was looking for an increase from €7m to €8m a year to stay at Juventus which would be the equivalent of around £130k a week.

He seems to be looking for £150k to join United, which is what Eriksen is on. He could well be looking for a hefty signing on fee, so he wouldn't exactly be free, but his wages have never been particularly high.

Are you seeing higher figures being quoted somewhere? I'm struggling to find any.

Thought I had seen the figure €10m somewhere, needs someone more reliable on Juventus or French transfer news to confirm whether that's the case

Last edited:

Eriksen is not allowed to play in Italy because of his pacemaker

Much as I like the guy it doesn't have to be him, just want us to sign someone who can play that 8 role so we can rotate Mainoo more. I just feel like he could be a shrewd deal as he's a free agent, however the lack of interest says his demands need to be lowered.

We aren't even linked, not sure why this thread keeps being bumped.

He will go to Liverpool and we will say ' why didn't we sign him'.

We aren't even linked, not sure why this thread keeps being bumped.

He will go to Liverpool and we will say ' why didn't we sign him'.
He’ll be like Thiago. Great signing on paper. Really good for a season and then the inevitable drop off and injuries. This is a younger player in their physical prime league now. Anything else is just a squad player and he’s on massive money. If he has any sense he’ll go to Bayern but as I said earlier I can see him bouncing around the Italian clubs till his mid 30s making a fortune and looking classy in European matches but he’s not the right profile for us anymore

why is this thread still so active? we clearly don't have any interest.

Where is he going then?

Mainoo and Ugarte are our only CM’s who aren’t either past it or untested

So I think we should get him if terms are ok and it’s a shorter deal. Still starts for France