Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

This signing should be a no brainer. Add him aswell as Berge/Fofana/Ugarte. That would give us plenty of options.

I would take him of course but there are some issues :

- Would like huge wage (10M+)
- Wants a big sign on fee
- Needs to offload Eriksen

No way he would be here for 5 years, think the most we offer is 2+1 on around £150-£175k a week
Which is why he wouldn't sign. Why would he? The last big contract of his career. He would want as much money as possible, as much security (length of contract) as possible and often than not this has led to disaster. Sanchez, Oil, Aubumeyang.

He wanted over 200k last summer, why would he reduce his demands this summer? Why has no one signed him or even close to signing him?

Which is why he wouldn't sign. Why would he? The last big contract of his career. He would want as much money as possible, as much security (length of contract) as possible and often than not this has led to disaster. Sanchez, Oil, Aubumeyang.

He wanted over 200k last summer, why would he reduce his demands this summer? Why has no one signed him or even close to signing him?
He only signed one year extensions at Juve for the last 2-3 seasons no?

Well if no one wants to sign him then he might reduce his demands. I'm sure he'd rather be at a club than a free agent not playing

Well if no one wants to sign him then he might reduce his demands. I'm sure he'd rather be at a club than a free agent not playing
Seeing as deadline day doesn't affect him as a free agent. I'm wondering if some clubs are just waiting to see how the cards fall and if they are in need of a midfielder they may then make a move.

Are we really desperate? We're going to suck this season anyways. He's going to be here for 5 years if he signs. Seems short sighted to make a signing just because he's an improvement over 1 year of his contract's midfield.

Fanbase is desperate but INEOS don't seem so

Technically he's a good player who can play 6 or 8. But you have to question why no one is in for him? Liverpool are looking towards Zubimendi. Athletico signed Conor Gallagher. In both cases why no Rabiot?

Most likely because he was a stupidly large signing on fee, guessing £10mil +, stupidly high wages, guessing 250k a week + and a 5 year contract. Add to that probably huge agent fees (which go to his agent, his mum) and he ends up being a substantial commitment in a financial package.

We get 12-18 months out of him then he drops off a cliff and we are stuck with his wages and him for a number of years.

I'd rather we didn't sign anyone, but made sure we got the right player in for the long term project be it in the January window or next summers window. Its bad enough we can't shift Casemiro, we'll add the French version to our books and watch history repeat itself.
I hate doing the “why isn’t anyone in for him?” exercise because it it’s repeatedly debunked that football clubs do a lot of stupid stuff.

But you preferring us not signing anyone tells me all I need to know. Although in that case keeping Ten Hag was a huge fecking mistake by your logic

Seeing as deadline day doesn't affect him as a free agent. I'm wondering if some clubs are just waiting to see how the cards fall and if they are in need of a midfielder they may then make a move.

We are in need of two midfielders, right now this simply has to be one of them because getting nowhere. If he wants to play enough we can negotiate a suitable deal so get it done

We are in need of two midfielders, right now this simply has to be one of them because getting nowhere. If he wants to play enough we can negotiate a suitable deal so get it done
There's a £8mil gap between us and PSG on Ugarte and Mendes is keen to get it done, so I'm hoping that deal happens.

If that does, I'd be happy to wait till next summer to ty to get Adam Wharton or some other highly rated talent.

There's a £8mil gap between us and PSG on Ugarte and Mendes is keen to get it done, so I'm hoping that deal happens.

If that does, I'd be happy to wait till next summer to ty to get Adam Wharton or some other highly rated talent.

We still need another midfield profile in there, wouldn't feel comfortable waiting for another season. If there is a chance to get him then great, however absolutely have to sign two now but chances are very tiny.

Last edited:
Heh, I'm sure he does. He can take a paycut if he's serious.

An obvious fit IMHO. He should have 2 good years to give us and can spend an extra year (or 2 depending on negotiations) playing the squad rotation/backup role for the 6/8 role.

Also fits our squad building philosophy of 1 younger talent paired with an experienced player per position.

Would be an excellent signing providing he‘a not on an exorbitant wage and signing on bonus. We need two midfielders ideally as McTominay isn’t a DM/CM, if Casemiro’s legs have gone then Eriksen has absolutely none and Mainoo is just 18.

Would provide us with quality depth if not an immediate starter.

Rabiot+Fofana would be fantastic business IMO. Sadly it's not the directing we seem to be going in.

Everyone wants to seem to join us this summer. Maybe it’s the new ownership and players can sense that we’re going to get back to where we was. Offer him a low wage and see if he still wants us or the money.

———Ugarte
Mainoo—Bruno

———Casemiro
——Rabiot-Mount

Assuming Scott will end up going, and we won’t take up the option on Amrabat - but there’s some depth there!

Because no one will pay him the stupid amount of money he wants

Yeah if he wants the move that much then be willing to negotiate a wage to fit within INEOS structure, if not then feel free to find someone else who will pay what you want. I am a fan of the player but not at the cost of upsetting what we are trying to build

———Ugarte
Mainoo—Bruno

———Casemiro
——Rabiot-Mount

Assuming Scott will end up going, and we won’t take up the option on Amrabat - but there’s some depth there!
Would love for this to be our midfield options.

Yeah if he wants the move that much then be willing to negotiate a wage to fit within INEOS structure, if not then feel free to find someone else who will pay what you want. I am a fan of the player but not at the cost of upsetting what we are trying to build
Agreed. If he was that desperate to join then he’d come on lower wages. We’re trying to get away from the massive wages being paid on players.

———Ugarte
Mainoo—Bruno

———Casemiro
——Rabiot-Mount

Doesn’t feel unfeasible although I’m not sure of the actual level of interest, if any, we have in Rabiot.

Collyer could act as the extra man and McTominay, Eriksen and Hannibal would all be available to move on.

Two year deal and nothing more, have to stop these type of stop gap signings like Eriksen, Casemeiro along with the countless others which have wrecked united over the 11 years.

Ineos will make the right call on this one. Two years or nothing along with Ugarte signing. No more of this BS.

If the age profile doesn't fit, move on

An obvious fit IMHO. He should have 2 good years to give us and can spend an extra year (or 2 depending on negotiations) playing the squad rotation/backup role for the 6/8 role.

Also fits our squad building philosophy of 1 younger talent paired with an experienced player per position.
Dont think he will join as a squad/backup player. He has demanded first team role when he moved to Juve

Feels like if we wanted him, we'd have signed him by now, surely? Unless he's slightly down on the list of options and we're waiting to see how the others pan out.

Feels like if we wanted him, we'd have signed him by now, surely? Unless he's slightly down on the list of options and we're waiting to see how the others pan out.

There is also the fact we could do deal after the window has closed, agree it does look like he is very much a backup option