Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

Where is he going then?

Mainoo and Ugarte are our only CM’s who aren’t either past it or untested

So I think we should get him if terms are ok and it’s a shorter deal. Still starts for France
He and Tony Martial are recruiting for a new five a side team

Where is he going then?

Mainoo and Ugarte are our only CM’s who aren’t either past it or untested

So I think we should get him if terms are ok and it’s a shorter deal. Still starts for France
Yeah I’d have shifted Eriksen for no fee and replaced him with Rabiot - assuming the wages were reasonable enough.

Rabiot may still be signed, he is a free agent so doesn’t depend on transfer window

He is too old. He would want a 4 year deal. No chance under INEOS.

If he'd agree to reasonable wages and 2/3 year contract then perhaps we should go for him. Reports are he has high wage demands and wants a 4 year contract.

Get him in as cover? As of now, we only have Case, Ugarte, Eriksen and Mainoo as midfielder. There are lots of games. Injuries and suspensions the department will be thin.

Not this shite hawk again, the sooner he fecks off the better. He’s been angling for a move to Saudi all summer.
It's been widely reported that he turned down a move to Saudi Arabia as he wants to stay in Europe. Admittedly the sources haven't exactly been Tier 1, but I can't find any source say that he wants a move to Saudi.

I do wonder how a 29yo player who has only ever played for two clubs (not counting loans when young) has such a reputation as a mercenary. It's not like he's on huge wages at Juve.

Keep him as far away from united as possible.

If the wages are right signing Rabiot on a free is a no brainer.

I expect the wages and especially length of contract to be an issue. He wants his last big fat contract, overall the outlay isnt worth it, he will also expect some signing on fee etc.

I do wonder how a 29yo player who has only ever played for two clubs (not counting loans when young) has such a reputation as a mercenary. It's not like he's on huge wages at Juve.

No, he isn't, but his reputation suffers from having his ma represent him. She is considered to be difficult although Rabiot's career has hardly disintegrated under her charge.

An easy target for somebody trying to discredit him. Likely the clowns running psg.

Some of the replies on here follow suit. 'Mercenary', 'trouble', 'fat wage', 'using us' or a 'Woodward signing', all of which feel the residue of the aforementioned campaign.

He's a good player and an upgrade on Eriksen, who really needed to be shipped out. Mainoo is 19/20 (I cannot bother checking which) and will need stiff competition to avoid 'Rashforditis' (which is to play terribly but have sufficient stock in the tank to play next week, anyway.)

Should be considering such options because of our PSR obligations, and not being so dismissive on false premises.

With Ugarte coming in, a defensive 8 like Rabiot doesnt fit us. We need a midfielder who is a ball player to complement Ugarte/cover his weaknesses.

He needs a Scholes type next to him, not a Rabiot. Rabiot would have made sense if we went for a DLP type 6. Also we should probably stay away from players pushing 30.

Get Stiller next season. Guy looks class.

With the salary freed up on Sancho, Rabiot is definitely affordable. Give him a 5-10M signing bonus and 150k/ wk salary (similar to his Juve wages).
He can be the rotation option for Mainoo we’re still lacking.

Selling Case would be a mistake as that would make Ugarte our only option at DM. Who gonna play there when Ugarte gets injured?

Saudi window is open till Oct 6th, if we can off load say Casemiro or Eriksen then Rabiot on a free certainly makes sense.

Bruno can play at 8 as can Mount. Licha and Lindelof can play DM. We also have Collyer and Gore who can come in.

Bruno is a #10. Mount I’ll give you. The other four should be nowhere near starting games in midfield for us.

We needed another midfielder this summer and we failed.

Bruno can play at 8 as can Mount. Licha and Lindelof can play DM. We also have Collyer and Gore who can come in.
Neither Bruno nor Mount can play 8 well, and Lindelof can't play as a DM, could you imagine? Collyer and Gore aren't good enough, but I guess if Lindelof is good enough then you'd accept John from Sunday league.

Bruno is a #10. Mount I’ll give you. The other four should be nowhere near starting games in midfield for us.

We needed another midfielder this summer and we failed.
People are genuinely mental, we’ve had the best window we’ve had in about 15 years and you’ve found something to bitch and moan about

It's been widely reported that he turned down a move to Saudi Arabia as he wants to stay in Europe. Admittedly the sources haven't exactly been Tier 1, but I can't find any source say that he wants a move to Saudi.

Just plain old misogyny. People can’t accept the fact his mother had the audacity to perform in a position of power so she must be some colossal annoying bitch.

90% of the criticism in here is just fabricated lies with nothing to back them up.

People are genuinely mental, we’ve had the best window we’ve had in about 15 years and you’ve found something to bitch and moan about

What’s mental about saying we needed two midfielders? Eriksen is not a realistic proposition and Mainoo has no genuinely competitive cover.

When the club appears to do things well then I’ll say so. I have, just above. I also think we needed more than five incomings this summer and there’s nothing controversial about that view.

There must be a reason he’s still a free agent. None of the big clubs would touch him. I don’t think it’s down to talent but probably down to attitude. I’d say he’s like pogba in that regard.

What’s mental about saying we needed two midfielders? Eriksen is not a realistic proposition and Mainoo has no genuinely competitive cover.

When the club appears to do things well then I’ll say so. I have, just above. I also think we needed more than five incomings this summer and there’s nothing controversial about that view.
Of course we needed more than 5 signings but not everything can happen in 1 window. I think if we got rid of Eriksen and Casemiro like we should have then we’d have signed another midfielder. I think these 2 go next year and then we replace them.

Of course we needed more than 5 signings but not everything can happen in 1 window. I think if we got rid of Eriksen and Casemiro like we should have then we’d have signed another midfielder. I think these 2 go next year and then we replace them.

Not everything can happen, I agree. But we needed another body in midfield, which didn’t happen.

There must be a reason he’s still a free agent. None of the big clubs would touch him. I don’t think it’s down to talent but probably down to attitude. I’d say he’s like pogba in that regard.

He probably wants big money. Was hoping a club like us would give it to him. Now the European window is shut he will probably end up in Saudi

Just plain old misogyny. People can’t accept the fact his mother had the audacity to perform in a position of power so she must be some colossal annoying bitch.

90% of the criticism in here is just fabricated lies with nothing to back them up.
Hello rabiot's mum, nice of you to post here...

I think Casemiro will be playing quite often in Mainoo's position. I believe it will be his best position at this age, he just can't be the deepest midfielder covering all that space.