Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This always happens with transfer sagas. Somebody says it’s done and everyone acts like the club has confirmed it, then more reliable sources say it’s not done and there’s still a way to go. Anyone sane would just wait for official statements from the club during the transfer window. It really is silly season.

Sadly this post of genuine wisdom will get lost after 30 more pages of posts asking why he isn't signed yet, how he's a waste of money, how he's a great signing and ITK posts.

First of all I think that we've got more to spend then 100m. Having said that, I also think that our brilliant CEO is so happy with his new toy (ie Ole) to ignore the suggestions coming from our horde of scouts and focus only on what Ole wants. That's a bit of a problem considering that Ole is so green that pisses grass and he probably knows little football outside English and Scandinavia. That explains our transfer strategy + the fact we're keeping anyone with ample EPL experience at the club even though they are crap.

Which really makes you wonder, why on earth have we hired 50 scouts+.
You’ve just made that scenario up though, as you have no idea about our strategy, who the scouts suggest, or if they’re being ignored.

Since the club has spent more than 500 mil since Fergie left and no success..they are moving to a new strategy of developing and buying young talent which i support
(if you finish 6th with spending big why not develop young talent ,pay less and finish 7th or 8th.
But still that mentioned 100 mil or so transfer budget is ridiculous in current market. Even Bissaka and Mcguire can cost close to 150 million.

Personally while I like the player, I'd want us to pull out of any deal thats more than around £45 million up front as Madrid paid £42.6 million for Mendy. Another £5-10 million in bonuses for us doing things like winning the league would make some sense to me because he's still so young and if he improves his passing he could become the best right back around, but he isnt currently.

I would imagine that spending £60 million up front or something would end in tears.

He's not going to make us miles better as a team, just better and more resilliant to attacks down our right side. He would be an expensive cog in the machine that could be around for a long time, but other signings of other players would have more of an impact on taking us back towards the top of the league

All this talk about a RB is making me think are the club even interested in signing a CB ? That should be first on the list but I guess all the CB's we got at the club is it any surprise we don't sign another? Don't look like they want to budge either

Personally while I like the player, I'd want us to pull out of any deal thats more than around £45 million up front as Madrid paid £42.6 million for Mendy. Another £5-10 million in bonuses for us doing things like winning the league would make some sense to me because he's still so young and if he improves his passing he could become the best right back around, but he isnt currently.

I would imagine that spending £60 million up front or something would end in tears.

He's not going to make us miles better as a team, just better and more resilliant to attacks down our right side. He would be an expensive cog in the machine that could be around for a long time, but other signings of other players would have more of an impact on taking us back towards the top of the league

What does what Madrid paid for Mendy have to do with what we may choose to pay for AWB?

What does what Madrid paid for Mendy have to do with what we may choose to pay for AWB?

Obviously the fact that its currently the record fullback signing thathappened this window for a top team. In what ways would it not have to do with what we pay for AWB? The market determines the price, thats the most relevant deal to look at. Sounds like you're making excuses for us to pay huge money and improve very little, same as we've done every summer since Moyes let.

All this talk about a RB is making me think are the club even interested in signing a CB ? That should be first on the list but I guess all the CB's we got at the club is it any surprise we don't sign another? Don't look like they want to budge either
Yet united fans have literally for the past 2 seasons said (rightfully) that rb should be priority

Yet united fans have literally for the past 2 seasons said (rightfully) that rb should be priority

True but it was half addressed last summer with signing Dalot. He needs time to improve especially defensively but we have a young prospect who we can work on to be ready as first choice every week the season after next.

We didnt even have a longer term player like that before. So now its not as much of a priority. It would be nice for someone more solid than Dalot to be available depending on if its going to be a tight game or a game where we're likely to be on the attack a lot. But its not the most apparent weakness in our team

For me that was DM (With Ander leaving) and RW. We've signed a winger so another half measure probably, might take more than 1 season to make the spot his own. And it looks increasingly likely that we'll be seeing Matic and Fred being the ones anchoring midfield next season as we're not even being linked with alternatives after it went quiet on Rice. Thats an area which would help both the CBs and the RB - A DM who actually does a good job protecting the backline

True but it was half addressed last summer with signing Dalot. He needs time to improve especially defensively but we have a young prospect who we can work on to be ready as first choice every week the season after next.

We didnt even have a longer term player like that before. So now its not as much of a priority. It would be nice for someone more solid than Dalot to be available depending on if its going to be a tight game or a game where we're likely to be on the attack a lot. But its not the most apparent weakness in our team

We still only have Dalot, Darmian, Shaw and Young though. Dalot gets an injury and guess who's back? Sod that.

We still only have Dalot, Darmian, Shaw and Young though. Dalot gets an injury and guess who's back? Sod that.

Thats where a young player might get a chance. I don't think the situation is that we need a £60 million RB in case of injury

For me that was DM (With Ander leaving) and RW. We've signed a winger so another half measure probably, might take more than 1 season to make the spot his own. And it looks increasingly likely that we'll be seeing Matic and Fred being the ones anchoring midfield next season as we're not even being linked with alternatives after it went quiet on Rice. Thats an area which would help both the CBs and the RB - A DM who actually does a good job protecting the backline

If Dalot is our RB sorted and James is our RW sorted, then McTominay is Ander's replacement most likely.

Thats where a young player might get a chance. I don't think the situation is that we need a £60 million RB in case of injury

I mean we need one to come in and do the job now as well as having the potential to improve (Wan B), with the less established player as backup/rotation for either side (Dalot).

AWB pursuit means dalot will be used as RW and no specialized RW will be signed this summer.

You’ve just made that scenario up though, as you have no idea about our strategy, who the scouts suggest, or if they’re being ignored.

Its an educational guess hence why I said 'I think' rather then 'the facts are'. Its built around my observations about the club throughout the past 30-35 years + bits and pieces of Ole's interviews. The club might veto a signing if they think its too expensive or just silly but they always go for the pool of players the manager want. For example Mou's obsession with old wingers saw the club shoot down the likes of Perisic and Willian but in the end he got what he wanted with Sanchez. Also Ole was asked if he was interested in this or that player and he replied that he never heard of some of the players we've been linked with. Which further enforces the idea that Ole is at the top of the pyramid and that unless he knows about the player then sure as hell we won't sign him. That would also explain why we're going to players from the local pool (Ole/Phelan are not scouts, they can't be expected to know about that 20 year old star from the German league) some of whom (James for example) were recommended by Ole's close friend Giggs

So here is what I think. Either we're relying heavily on Ole to call the shots or else our 50 scouts are useless and had been wasting their time. I mean, do we really need scouts to tell us about AWB, Maguire or Maddison? Most of the local people on redcafe know exactly what they offer.

I don't think a RB who is below average on the ball/going forward will ever impress most people. So I'm sure this wont end well.

We are getting rinsed. He is worth nowhere near the fees mentioned.
I do hope palace get relegated. I cant even be proper excited knowing we are giving an arm and leg just to sign him. Normally I wouldn't care but if he cost 50 million I doubt we will be spending that much more this summer. We are fecked if we cant get in a top striker and central defender.

Yes

Smalling, Jones are not everyone’s cup of tea but they can defend ok. We would survive another season if we didn’t bring in another cb
We actually wouldn't. Our defence killed us through out all of last season. Especially more so when a Smalling was not around to partner Lindeloff. We will not make any progress if we don't address central defence and the right flank. Arguably the biggest reason we were all those points behind.

RB is a priority if you watched all of the back end of last season we got killed constantly down our right hand side with teams constantly attacking that weakness with Young, Lingard/Mata. Our right side of our team is the weakest part.

It’s worrying me that this deal is one of the more straight forward ones we’re connected with this summer and it’s taking an absolute age.

It seems like no one else is in for AWB where as there’s competition for other signings. If it’s taking this long to get a simple transfer over the line how will we do with the others?

We actually wouldn't. Our defence killed us through out all of last season. Especially more so when a Smalling was not around to partner Lindeloff. We will not make any progress if we don't address central defence and the right flank. Arguably the biggest reason we were all those points behind.
Agreed. Defense is absolute priority. We need to sort it to the extent where we don't really have to worry about it for the next 5 seasons. This will allow us to focus on the other areas in the years to come.
I would also add that a decent DM is required. We cannot rely on Matic. He's getting older.
What are your thoughts on Fred? Do you think he will come good?

Imho this deal would shut down the right flank and Shaw will handle the left flank so we’d instantly concede less chances and ergo less goals. Throw in a rejuvenated DeGea and we could survive without adding a cb. Is it my choice? No. But if push comes to shove RB needs to be done first

I do hope palace get relegated.

Bit salty that mate, I am not sure what you want us to do exactly...accept less than we want for him to help out Man Utd?

I don’t know why people have a general difficulty understanding the concept that if a team has no desire to sell their best player, then the buying club will need to pay more than they would like for his services. It’s the same with Maguire and Diop, no-one is claiming their true value is £60m+, but that is what it’ll take to persuade Leicester and West Ham to sell. The good news is that no-one is forcing the buying club to pursue those players, they can just as easily walk away if they don’t want to pay it.

No doubt the same people complaining about this will be screaming for Utd to accept nothing less than £150m for Paul Pogba.

This is pissing me off. Pay the money and stop pussyfooting around.
This guy will be worth over 100 million in a couple of years..
The way football is going now.we are doing the right thing in bringing in younger players with a sell on value. We need someone to get these deals over the line.

The way football is going now.we are doing the right thing in bringing in younger players with a sell on value. We need someone to get these deals over the line.

We need to be careful, people said the same about Luke Shaw.

Yikes. I can't believe people can look at this & still want him in a red shirt. All his clearances go to the opposition. Looks awkward on the ball.

For the rumoured fee, I'm confident we can get both Firpo & Atal instead.

Obviously the fact that its currently the record fullback signing thathappened this window for a top team. In what ways would it not have to do with what we pay for AWB? The market determines the price, thats the most relevant deal to look at. Sounds like you're making excuses for us to pay huge money and improve very little, same as we've done every summer since Moyes let.

Not sure why you seem so wound up over a question. What excuses did I make?

Awful post. Firstly he won’t be worth £100m, unless he suddenly becomes the reincarnation of Cafu... secondly it’s completly irrelevant how much he’s ‘worth’. How much was Ferdinand ‘worth’ at any point after we signed him? It didn’t matter one bit, as Utd aren’t a selling club. Sell on value is absoubtly irrelevant - it’s the sort of thing West Ham or Spurs are interested in.

He’s at the U21s at the moment, and will then go on a break, so probably can’t even join up with the team for a month. There is no hurry.

Imho this deal would shut down the right flank and Shaw will handle the left flank so we’d instantly concede less chances and ergo less goals. Throw in a rejuvenated DeGea and we could survive without adding a cb. Is it my choice? No. But if push comes to shove RB needs to be done first

Teams sliced us through the middle quite common last season. We definitely need a first team CB.

Getting AWB means we certainly need a RW as well, because if we use Mata there the right flank will be shut in attack for us as well.

Bit salty that mate, I am not sure what you want us to do exactly...accept less than we want for him to help out Man Utd?

I don’t know why people have a general difficulty understanding the concept that if a team has no desire to sell their best player, then the buying club will need to pay more than they would like for his services. It’s the same with Maguire and Diop, no-one is claiming their true value is £60m+, but that is what it’ll take to persuade Leicester and West Ham to sell. The good news is that no-one is forcing the buying club to pursue those players, they can just as easily walk away if they don’t want to pay it.

No doubt the same people complaining about this will be screaming for Utd to accept nothing less than £150m for Paul Pogba.

Good post dude, 100% correct, in fact, probably the 'correctest' ever post I've read.

Is he below average?
He clearly isn't, but because he doesn't do 10 step overs and cross like Beckham he's average apparently.

Fans are very frustrated right now I think. Once he's in a United shirt pre season they'll change their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.