Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been announced 5 hours ago on Ed Woodward's Facebook profile that an agreement was reached with Palace for Wan Bissaka

There's definitely no such thing as a Ed Woodward official Facebook page.

So deal was first 50m, then it became 55m and now 60m.... Seems like the price keeps increasing by 5m over the course of 12 hours. 60m is way too expensive for someone whose not yet the finished article but in hindsight, can't wait to see someone else feature down the right hand side other than Mata, Lingard and Young.
Ignore the fee mentioned in the press , it is normally bollocks, but to be honest, I am not paying it, so long has he does his stuff on the pitch, I dont really care how much he costs.

Ignore the fee mentioned in the press , it is normally bollocks, but to be honest, I am not paying it, so long has he does his stuff on the pitch, I dont really care how much he costs.

Andy Mitten has it at 47m cash with add-ons that could take it to 55m. The amount of detail Mitten included in his article and his track record makes me think that is the actual price. He also has the salary down at 80k per week which is more than reasonable in this age of bloated contracts.

Andy Mitten has it at 47m cash with add-ons that could take it to 55m. The amount of detail Mitten included in his article and his track record makes me think that is the actual price. He also has the salary down at 80k per week which is more than reasonable in this age of bloated contracts.
47m with adds on is a bit overprice, but it's acceptable. I'm more interested on the wages, because that's the usual barrier when we need to sell player.

So 80k/wk set the standard for a young 21 old potential English player. Yes, this should apply to Rashford too.

It'll happen. Way too much smoke without fire.

Its just a case of sorting out the right deal that's all. AWB is away with England, maybe both clubs don't want to announce until the medical has been done.
Really hope it's done quickly and next one is Ndombele.

Mitten is usually pretty good

this deal will go through,, As very poor as our negotiation skills are 55-60 million Ed will pay.

Signing a really good, young, British fullback and at the same time ensuring that Young sits on the bench for his last season is something that should be winning universal Redcafe approval

I think AWB was excellent in the games I watched Palace. Strong, fast and quite a footballing brain for a 21 year old. Would be a good signing for most clubs imo.

47m with adds on is a bit overprice, but it's acceptable. I'm more interested on the wages, because that's the usual barrier when we need to sell player.

So 80k/wk set the standard for a young 21 old potential English player. Yes, this should apply to Rashford too.

They are day and age apart - Rashford has played 170 matches for United and 32 internationals. Wan-Bissaka has played about 1/4 as many matches and is not an international. So yeah - Rashford deserves quite a bit more …

this deal will go through,, As very poor as our negotiation skills are 55-60 million Ed will pay.

I wouldn't care if it was 70m, if it was a player I was sold on. I'm just not entirely convinced. We paid a load for Shaw and I'd replace him willingly mind all these years on.

Shaw's performances were so poor at the end of the season, like he was just going through the motions, I wouldn't be surprised if Young or Dalot take his position. Still think the club should have bought Alex Sandro last summer.

I think Shaw was totally knackered by the end of the season. He barely had any rotation, played virtually all of our high profile fixtures, and this was his first full season since 2013/14 before he even moved to United? I think if he has more rotation this year, he'll have more to give in attack, consistently.

We can't sign him for another 10 days anyway.. He is away playing for the U21s..

Even if everything is agreed, there is no reason to rush it.. He wont fly in to sign sooner.

It might be announced sooner, but I dont expect it till after the U21 tournament.

I think Shaw was totally knackered by the end of the season. He barely had any rotation, played virtually all of our high profile fixtures, and this was his first full season since 2013/14 before he even moved to United? I think if he has more rotation this year, he'll have more to give in attack, consistently.

There were some videos going round showing him walking back in big games at key moments. That's unacceptable pal if you're that knackered you signal or tell the manager to leave you out. You don't put the club on the line with shocking levels of application!

There were some videos going round showing him walking back in big games at key moments. That's unacceptable pal if you're that knackered you signal or tell the manager to leave you out. You don't put the club on the line with shocking levels of application!

Sure. I've seen them. They're not great. I'm just saying I think he was totally spent by the end of the season, and our other options were Darmian, Dalot who seemed out of favor at the time, or moving Young over? I think Ole just chose to go with knackered Shaw over them.

I think the right thing would be to get the deal done asap so he can focus on England. The deal should of been done a week ago but genius Ed negotiated from 35m to 45m when he could of just done 45m from the start which is what palace said. It is his fault AWB got an own goal.

Everyone needs someone to blame

This is the AWB thread not the Pogba thread

Has anyone else got sick of reading:

Manchester United close to Wan-Bissaka deal with Crystal Palace?

Has anyone else got sick of reading:

Manchester United close to Wan-Bissaka deal with Crystal Palace?

Aye but I think it would have been done already if he wasn’t away with the U21’s, we can’t do much until he’s back anyway.

If everything is to be believed, just about done.

If he turns out to be as good as he was last year, then a big upgrade in that position,
best we have had for some time.

One step forward.

My palace supporting mate has just text to say that he’s heard that a Juventus are after Wan Bissaka :lol:

I’m not sure if he’s taking the piss or if it’s just more bullshit from the rags.

One step forward it truly is. Really helps sort out what's been a chronic problem for us

I'm reluctant to be positive about any transfer because the last 10 years or so they've almost all been awful.

This one looks a solid sensible transfer though, expensive but that's just how it is these days.

My palace supporting mate has just text to say that he’s heard that a Juventus are after Wan Bissaka :lol:

I’m not sure if he’s taking the piss or if it’s just more bullshit from the rags.

It's BS from an Italian paper. That's not to say it isn't mathematically possible that Juve swoops in and steals AWB, but it's highly unlikely that this isn't finalized (or damn near the finish line) already.

yeah they're probably trying to get him on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.