Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reluctant to be positive about any transfer because the last 10 years or so they've almost all been awful.

This one looks a solid sensible transfer though, expensive but that's just how it is these days.

It is a shame that it's difficult to get excited. It's more like a relief. I can't get excited until we've sorted all the issues out, and there's a long way to go.

For the money, I would consider offering Barca £40-£45 million for Semedo think they might just take it and he's a very good RB

If we only have a 100m budget, next season is already a write off before it even starts.

If we only have a 100m budget, next season is already a write off before it even starts.

If we only have 100m then we would be foolish spending 65% of it on a right back and a championship player. So we can put that rumour to bed

Though we did that last summer.

Last year we've bought one of the most rated young fullbacks in the world, we signed one of the most rated wingers in the EPL and we signed in a Brazilian international. The latter two were swooped right under Manchester City's noses. We would have signed more players if Mou had realistic targets rather then the 70m rated new Steve Bruce or a 30 year old CB.

I am not defending Woodward in any way. However lets be realistic here. There's a reason why Inter preferred to sign a sworn enemy as manager then their former legend. The guy lost it.

Last edited:
I'm reluctant to be positive about any transfer because the last 10 years or so they've almost all been awful.

This one looks a solid sensible transfer though, expensive but that's just how it is these days.

If true, we just bought the most expensive fullback in the whole world, for a 21 y.o. with one season at top league from Crystal Palace.

I'm not sure it's a solid sensible transfer, and how it is common these days.

Last edited:
Last year we've bought one of the most rated young fullbacks in the EPL, we signed one of the most rated wingers in the EPL and we signed in a Brazilian international. The latter two were swooped right under Manchester City's noses. We would have signed more players if Mou had realistic targets rather then the 70m rated new Steve Bruce or a 30 year old CB.

I am not defending Woodward in any way. However lets be realistic here. There's a reason why Inter preferred to sign a sworn enemy as manager then their former legend. The guy lost it.

What are you talking about ?

Last season we bought Fred for 50m, Dalot for 20 and Grant for free, so yeah less than 80m spent and more than half of it were on one player. Why the fact that paying 60m for AWB is enough indication the budget is more than 100m ? It can go either way and honestly won't surprise me if it's true. We're a stupid club.

Based on Aidy Boothroyd’s comments it sounds like a done deal. I don’t care how much he’s cost, I don’t want Ashley Young as a guaranteed starter.

Last season we bought Fred for 50m, Dalot for 20 and Grant for free, so yeah less than 80m spent and more than half of it were on one player. Why the fact that paying 60m for AWB is enough indication the budget is more than 100m ? It can go either way and honestly won't surprise me if it's true. We're a stupid club.
He’s including Sanchez who was also signed in 2018.

One mustn't forget we signed Sanchez as well. The trouble with Mourinho is that most of his signings proved to be expensive crap. Also instead of changing his ways, he kept insisting on strengthening the same positions again and again often aiming towards older players who provided little to no value. As said there's a reason why Inter opted for their sworn enemy (imagine United signing Gerrard or Suarez) then their legend. The guy lost it.

And yes, we're a stupid club. However stopping financing this idiot was not one of those mistakes. Actually the big mistake was keeping him.

One mustn't forget we signed Sanchez as well. The trouble with Mourinho is that most of his signings proved to be expensive crap. Also instead of changing his ways, he kept insisting on strengthening the same positions again and again often aiming towards older players who provided little to no value. As said there's a reason why Inter opted for their sworn enemy (imagine United signing Gerrard or Suarez) then their legend. The guy lost it.

And yes, we're a stupid club. However stopping financing this idiot was not one of those mistakes. Actually the big mistake was keeping him.

He’s including Sanchez who was also signed in 2018.

Sanchez was swapped for another player without excess money and it was in Jan not in summer.

Ok, Mourinho is the big devil, the reason of all disasters and all these known cliches. Doesn't change anything with the point we already did that previously (spending less than 100m most of them on one player) so it's weird taking spending that amount of Bisaka is enough that we'll have a big budget without selling anyone.

Anything is possible with United nowadays. We're a stupid club when it comes to money spending, that's hardly a new thing to anyone anymore. Not saying I'm believing the news, but I'm not surprised anymore with any stupid thing done by United.

Sanchez was swapped for another player without excess money and it was in Jan not in summer.

Ok, Mourinho is the big devil, the reason of all disasters and all these known cliches. Doesn't change anything with the point we already did that previously (spending less than 100m most of them on one player) so it's weird taking spending that amount of Bisaka is enough that we'll have a big budget without selling anyone.

Anything is possible with United nowadays. We're a stupid club when it comes to money spending, that's hardly a new thing to anyone anymore. Not saying I'm believing the news, but I'm not surprised anymore with any stupid thing done by United.

Sanchez mammoth salary would dwarf any fee whatsoever. It also caused rifts between us and some of our best players including DDG, Herrera and Pogba. Anyway that was yet another Mou's failed signing which was swapped with yet another Mou's failed signing. We had plenty of those under Mou's reign whom may I remind you, he spent 400m during his stay. Which I guess it enforces both our argument that the club is truly stupid in terms of spending money. A serious club would have kicked the guy the moment he suggested the likes of Perisic, Willian and the Belgian Heskey for big money.

Ah and Mourinho is not the big devil. He's just finished as a top manager. The same happened to other big managers like Clough, Sacchi and Capello who did and said alot of stupid things before vanishing forever from the football scene. Not everyone has the sense to call it quits and leave on high like SAF did but there again there's only one true special one.

I repeat, there's a reason why Inter opted for their sworn enemy (imagine United signing Gerrard or Suarez) then their legend. The guy lost it.

If the club truly spend just 100m this season then there's only 1 reason for that ie the club is on sale.

Sanchez mammoth salary would dwarf any fee whatsoever. Anyway that was yet another Mou's failed signing which was swapped with yet another Mou's failed signing. We had plenty of those under Mou's reign whom may I remind you, spent 400m during his stay. Which I guess it enforces both our argument that the club is truly stupid in terms of spending money. A serious club would have kicked the guy the moment he suggested the likes of Perisic, Willian and the Belgian Heskey for big money.

Ah and Mourinho is not the big devil. He's just finished as a top manager. The same happened to other big managers like Clough, Sacchi and Capello who did and said alot of stupid things before vanishing forever from the football scene. Not everyone has the sense to call it quits and leave on high like SAF did but there again there's only one true special one.

I repeat, there's a reason why Inter opted for their sworn enemy (imagine United signing Gerrard or Suarez) then their legend. The guy lost it.

I'm not interested in entering another Mourinho discussion all honestly, which seems like that's all your post is about. The guy is gone. Time to stop this obsession with him. We're still a stupid club when it comes to money spending with or without him, and we were like that before him, so I'm not surprised with anything stupid linked with us in the media, whatever it's true or not.

I'm not even sure spending 60m on this lad will be a surely good business and if he ends up another Shaw clone I'll be very disappointed, but I'll wait and see.

I'm not interested in entering another Mourinho discussion all honestly, which seems like that's all your post is about. The guy is gone. Time to stop this obsession with him. We're still a stupid club when it comes to money spending with or without him, and we were like that before him, so I'm not surprised with anything stupid linked with us in the media, whatever it's true or not.

I'm not even sure spending 60m on this lad will be a surely good business and if he ends up another Shaw clone I'll be very disappointed, but I'll wait and see.

You can criticise the club how much you want. Actually I tend to do that quite often. I've been highlighting flaws in our system ever since we introduced the infamous Value Strategy lead by Sir Alex. Actually I've been criticising the club's crazy transfer strategy since they refused to sign Batigol back in the 90s. We tend to go through waves of heavy spending followed by 1-2 seasons of full skint mode which tend to damage us big time. Sir Alex could put us back on our feet but there's only 1 special one.

However don't put Mourinho into it as that would defeat your argument. The guy spent 400m on mostly tripe and had the cheek to complain when the club stopped him from buying his annual CB signing.

You can criticise the club how much you want. Actually I tend to do that quite often. I've been highlighting flaws in our system ever since we introduced the infamous Value Strategy lead by Sir Alex. However don't put Mourinho into it as that would defeat your argument. The guy spent 400m on mostly tripe and had the cheek to complain when the club stopped him from buying his annual CB signing.

You're the one who put him in the discussion when he wasn't even part of it. :lol: All I said is what you thought (if the budget is 100m we won't spend most of it one one player) is something that happened last summer so anything stupid is possible with United currently. You're the one who's forcing the discussion way too hard in Mourinho's way to the point of repeating the same sentence 3 times.

Again, I'm not interested in entering any Mourinho's discussions. These are done and dusted for millions of times here. If that's the only thing you're going to talk about re last summer then Ok.

Actually I've been criticising the club's crazy transfer strategy since they refused to sign Batigol back in the 90s.

I think the club tried. He just was not interested in joining us.

I seem to remember him recently explaining that it was because he did not want to be the star in a big club. He preferred a quieter, less stressful, less demanding one. Obviously not his exact words but the meaning is the same

You're the one who put him in the discussion when he wasn't even part of it. :lol: All I said is what you thought (if the budget is 100m we won't spend most of it one one player) is something that happened last summer so anything stupid is possible with United currently. You're the one who's forcing the discussion way too hard in Mourinho's way to the point of repeating the same sentence 3 times.

Again, I'm not interested in entering any Mourinho's discussions. These are done and dusted for millions of times here. If that's the only thing you're going to talk about re last summer then Ok.

You mentioned last summer ie the summer when we rightly stopped Mourinho from playing football manager again with the club's money. Our big mistake was giving him a contract extension not stopping him.

I probably been following the club long before you do. This club had always acted stupid. We shot down the chance of signing Batistuta who could have easily won us a CL by himself, we made SAF beg Graham for a copy of his contract so he could show that his pay rise proposal was indeed justified, we went on selling Stam at a time when the defence was in shambles and then our shareholders had gone in an argument with Sir Alex on a frigging horse. Do you know whom we bought after the treble season? I guess you'll expect the club to spend the money generated on big names so they can dominate the CL for years to come. Guess what? We bought Bosnich on a free, Silvestre from Inter reserves, Fortune from Atletico Madrid B and Taibi from Venezia. That would make even West Ham fans cry.

That's the experiences I remember. The older heads might know of stories prior to that period. The only difference between then and now is that there's no Sir Alex to bail them out and stick out a new winning team out of his arse. We lack that.

I think the club tried. He just was not interested in joining us.

I seem to remember him recently explaining that it was because he did not want to be the star in a big club. He preferred a quieter, less stressful, less demanding one. Obviously not his exact words but the meaning is the same

Edwards refused to match the salary he had at Fiorentina. That was confirmed by an interview I saw from Edwards himself.

You mentioned last summer ie the summer when we rightly stopped Mourinho from playing football manager again with the club's money. Our big mistake was giving him a contract extension not stopping him.

I probably been following the club long before you do. This club had always acted stupid. We shot down the chance of signing Batistuta who could have easily won us a CL by himself, we made SAF beg Graham for a copy of his contract so he could show that his pay rise proposal was indeed justified, we went on selling Stam at a time when the defence was in shambles and then our shareholders had gone in an argument with Sir Alex on a frigging horse. Do you know whom we bought after the treble season? I guess you'll expect the club to spend the money generated on big names so they can dominate the CL for years to come. Guess what? We bought Bosnich on a free, Silvestre from Inter reserves, Fortune from Atletico Madrid B and Taibi from Venezia. That would make even West Ham fans cry.

That's the experiences I remember. The older heads might know of stories prior to that period. The only difference between then and now is that there's no Sir Alex to bail them out and stick out a new winning team out of his arse. We lack that.

Don't disagree much with any of that.

If we only have 100m then we would be foolish spending 65% of it on a right back and a championship player. So we can put that rumour to bed
Yeah, but they are young, British and hungry. The transfer strategy is so dumb they forgot that prices for English players in general are ridiculously over inflated! They probably thought it would be a walk in the park! Also, every man and their dog knows Arsenal only have 45 million to spend.
100 million says a lot why we tied down Young, Jones and Smalling. Plus put the point that SAF signed them into account too!

Don't disagree much with any of that.

Until we put an entire system in place were football people who are experienced in their jobs (not a former player acting as a DOF) are employed, treated and given as much power as the financial guys then we'll be this knee jerk club who has the tendency to either spend too much or spend too little. Under the present setup our only salvation is a top top manager like Sir Alex or Sir Matt Busby. Good luck us finding someone of that calibre.

Do people here think what Palace are asking for is fair value?
I don't. I don't see a problem with the club trying to negotiate down. He wont be available to join for about 3 weeks.. (U21s followed by a little vacation).

If there is a chance of Palace agreeing to a lower fee or structuring it differently, then let it drag on..

If we spend 50m on Wan Bissaka, we are mugs. If we try to lower the price, we are skint and #glazersout ...
There is no winning here.

Yeah, but they are young, British and hungry. The transfer strategy is so dumb they forgot that prices for English players in general are ridiculously over inflated! They probably thought it would be a walk in the park! Also, every man and their dog knows Arsenal only have 45 million to spend.
100 million says a lot why we tied down Young, Jones and Smalling. Plus put the point that SAF signed them into account too!

First of all I think that we've got more to spend then 100m. Having said that, I also think that our brilliant CEO is so happy with his new toy (ie Ole) to ignore the suggestions coming from our horde of scouts and focus only on what Ole wants. That's a bit of a problem considering that Ole is so green that pisses grass and he probably knows little football outside English and Scandinavia. That explains our transfer strategy + the fact we're keeping anyone with ample EPL experience at the club even though they are crap.

Which really makes you wonder, why on earth have we hired 50 scouts+.

Fifield is the journalist to listen to regarding Palace and he agrees with Simon Stone.

“Still no agreement reached between Crystal Palace and Manchester United after further talks over Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Negotiations will continue, I'd imagine, but fee that would be guaranteed to #cpfc hasn't risen to a level they would consider acceptable as yet”.

First of all I think that we've got more to spend then 100m. Having said that, I also think that our brilliant CEO is so happy with his new toy (ie Ole) to ignore the suggestions coming from our horde of scouts and focus only on what Ole wants. That's a bit of a problem considering that Ole is so green that pisses grass and he probably knows little football outside English and Scandinavia. That explains our transfer strategy + the fact we're keeping anyone with ample EPL experience at the club even though they are crap.

Which really makes you wonder, why on earth have we hired 50 scouts+.
Exactly. Which makes you think why Ole was hired in the first place! Is it because of those first 14 games, or is it really hiring a manager who is just happy to be there and won't complain even close to the magnitude of what Jose did?
It's a mess from top to bottom. Pogba, De Gea and Lukaku want to leave, and if they do, we are left with Rashford and Lingard as our main players going forward! Is this what young british hungry players look like? Doesn't look good does it!
I genuinely think leicester will have a better starting eleven than we will have.

I imagine we'll probably get this done, but the constant stream of shite news surrounding this club is really fecking tiring.

This always happens with transfer sagas. Somebody says it’s done and everyone acts like the club has confirmed it, then more reliable sources say it’s not done and there’s still a way to go. Anyone sane would just wait for official statements from the club during the transfer window. It really is silly season.

Status
Not open for further replies.