Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Willian, Hazard, Pedro, Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, CHO and Apzi are all shorties. Never thought of us as a tall side. Even our goalie is short (for a goalie).

Half of these players aren't actually short at +1.78m and then your other players take the average relatively high. The likes of Pogba or Fellaini are giants among footballers.

He's not the only decent young English right back. There's alexanderArnold, max Aarons, Jaden Bogle and Reece James so he'll have competition to even even make the bench. That said I don't really mind about the fee. It doesn't seem out of the ball-park.

I named Alexander Arnold though... And I never said the place is his for sure, I said "chances are".

It's all about the accuracy of the crosses. Someone like TAA or Robertson for Liverpool, shows that you don't necessarily need big centre forwards or good headers of the ball to score goals.

Yeh they link up and play short passes that AWB has proved to be quite good at from what I’ve seen

That's good.
Evra wasn't that good in crossing. But his link up play what made him so good as an attacking fullback.

It's all about the accuracy of the crosses. Someone like TAA or Robertson for Liverpool, shows that you don't necessarily need big centre forwards or good headers of the ball to score goals.

And I'm not sure if crosses only means that the ball is high enough for an aerial duel.

That's because pants teams pump a lot of low quality crosses in.

Not to mention this kind of stat can make any play look underwhelming. If there was any kind of play with a 10% conversion rate all teams would do just that and games would finish with double figures.

If this actually happens I'm going to predict he'll be awful.

I do this because I've predicted all other signings in the past 6 years to be nailed on successes and been wrong every time.

He's going to be the worst signing made by any club this summer.... unless he signs for another club in which case he'll be a future superstar.

:lol: You're a true fan. It's not good to be so negative in life, but you don't mind for the greater good.

I predict this now. If we sign AWB, the vultures will be circling on here before he's kicked a ball. The focus will be all about what he can do and what he can't. Then they'll be comments about his hair, what he posts on social media et al. Ironically, Wouldn't be surprised is we don't treat him not too dissimilar to Zaha. Watch this space...some signings are just never given a chance.

If this actually happens I'm going to predict he'll be awful.

I do this because I've predicted all other signings in the past 6 years to be nailed on successes and been wrong every time.

He's going to be the worst signing made by any club this summer.... unless he signs for another club in which case he'll be a future superstar.

That's interesting. I can't decide whether he'll make us better or we'll make him worse.

Manchester United FC no longer value crossing the ball.

What concerns me is that people who write this stuff are serious.

I wouldn't say no value your attack should come through were the space is. Just quite a few on here are concerned that as he is perceived as a defensive full back and that he can't cross a ball so our attacking play will be poor because of it. Crossing doesn't create enough goal scoring opportunities to be over reliant as maybe it did in the past playing with 2 centre forwards creating space for each other.

I just think while I would prefer a full back that is strong in both area's I wouldn't buy a full back to fix my attacking woes. I wouldn't play with a narrow midfield and attack to give my full backs the space to cross if they aren't brilliant at it. I would rather my right winger provide width, but I suppose the fear is we continue to play how we have been doing and we constantly see our attacks break down in those areas.

That's because pants teams pump a lot of low quality crosses in.
I think every team hits their fair share of speculative crosses as its an easy option if you can't see another pass on or if you are sent down the line by the full back or if your just desperate to make something happen. Also if you give away possession from a cross its generally less dangerous then giving the ball away elsewhere on the pitch.

Apparently this guy is reliable for Palace news and also match day program contributor.

I predict this now. If we sign AWB, the vultures will be circling on here before he's kicked a ball. The focus will be all about what he can do and what he can't. Then they'll be comments about his hair, what he posts on social media et al. Ironically, Wouldn't be surprised is we don't treat him not too dissimilar to Zaha. Watch this space...some signings are just never given a chance.

One season shit forever shit syndrome aka Fred MKII.

He obviously has some ways to go improving in attack, especially his passing. But sometimes its good to remember what he's good at too. This is why Palace want a lot of money for him. And given we've lost our best ball winner already this summer, these are some qualities our team is sorely lacking right now.

e0fad010ff65569b616e5987f0350b07.png

Also in case it wasnt posted yet

Last edited:
My one criticism against AWB defensively is that he occationally is a bit out of position - not much but a little bit. He is however so lightning quick in his first steps that he makes up for it, practically every time. I hope this is something that comes from lack of experience more than anything else.

The result is that he a few times needs to clear the ball rather than play his way out - because he is a that half a second too late into the situation!

He obviously has some ways to go improving in attack, especially his passing. But sometimes its good to remember what he's good at too. This is why Palace want a lot of money for him. And given we've lost our best ball winner already this summer, these are some qualities our team is sorely lacking right now.

e0fad010ff65569b616e5987f0350b07.png

Also in case it wasnt posted yet

The kid is a beast defensively.

So what are you guys thinking regarding a shirt number? Does Lindelof switch with him? :D

Against united.

Saw that, again solid with a few decent passes and no real attacking threat.

With Shaw on the other side also average going forward and our poor wide players I think creativity will continue to be a big issue for us.

But on the plus side I don't have to watch Ashley Young play football hopefully. God is great.

With Shaw on the other side also average going forward and our poor wide players I think creativity will continue to be a big issue for us.

But on the plus side I don't have to watch Ashley Young play football hopefully. God is great.

Young will be promoted to right winger.

Six players is a tiny sample size, not statistically worth bothering with. There have been hundreds of CBs and fullbacks signed across Europe's top leagues in the last few years.

So let's not talk about the elite level players? I didn't just pick 6 players at random. Your opinion alone isn't worth anything.

So let's not talk about the elite level players? I didn't just pick 6 players at random. Your opinion alone isn't worth anything.

You are the one narrowing the goal-posts to a bizarre sample size of just 6 players … in a vain attempt to disprove the point that, in general, CBs cost more than fullbacks.

You are the one narrowing the goal-posts to a bizarre sample size of just 6 players … in a vain attempt to disprove the point that, in general, CBs cost more than fullbacks.

All this just because Davinson Sanchez was mentioned in a long list of players. Too much sand :lol:

Some of you are actually incredible. Can't find a negative with AwB, so let's make a situation where Ashley Young is our first choice right wing. Absolutely incredible stuff.

It was Crystal Palace at Old Trafford, you can almost guarantee Hodgson told them to go out and get a 0-0 (which is what happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.