Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Wan Bissaka doesn't need players around him like Pogba or Lukaku to cater for his deficiency in attacking areas.
We got Rashford and Greenwood he can do link up play with, he will be fine. We don't actually want to cross into the box, there are no targets there anyway.

He's not verified but this guy is apparently a journo covering Palace.

This tweet backing up Castles' scoop is more reassuring than the scoop itself. One Daily Fail article is all it takes for people to lose their shit. It wouldn't surprise me if that Daily Fail article was solely put out to be contrarian clickbait for angry Utd fans.

Everyone completely ignores this because he's mainly played on the left. It's clear as day that he's a right winger and that he'll be used there.
He is not a right winger. He is a left winger! It's like playing Mahrez on the left wing or Sanchez on the right. Play him on the right and you take away a lot of his game, I.e cutting inside! Premier League teams will nullify his pace much easier when he plays right as he doesn't posses much skill

Van Aanholt doesn't seem to have a problem attacking for Palace

On the other hand, his fans seem to think he's a defensive liability, correct me if I'm wrong.
AWB will have his chances to prove his worth in attack, but if he's as good in defense as he seems to be, and he can link well with the attacking players, I for one don't care if he's not Dani Alves.

55m for England's 4th choice RB doesn't sound great but let's hope he's the real deal.

Chances are he's bound to overtake Trippier and in due time Walker too. No shame being behind TAA in the pecking order.

Chances are he's bound to overtake Trippier and in due time Walker too. No shame being behind TAA in the pecking order.

Playing behind TAA just means that he can concentrate more on United instead of getting injured on International duty. Wan Bassaka for 55m is a good deal just like when we bought Pogba for 89m, he's worth 150m...

If I was the manager or Woodward I’d be wanting talent, top talent but also a backup or fallback plan.

There looking for spirit energy and value

He’s English young very good talent a lot of energy and an English attitude

I very much feel the fallback here is he could be a great CENTRE BACK or he will hold his value anyway

£50 is a good price it’s fine

Very happy should this go through. Agree with the post above as well; crossing is overrated at United.
I saw a stat the other day that said only 1 in 64 crosses directly results in a goal in the Premier league. So crossing in general is overrated.

Just to tie a bow on this conversation since I had to duck out yesterday -

(1) Thank you for the Zanetti video link. You sent me down a rabbit hole of class Inter videos, and that made me incredibly happy. I sometimes forget how much fun they were, and just how good he was in his prime. His was the first non-United player jersey I ever owned - I couldn't tell you what it was that drew my fascination, but he definitely had "it."

(2) Agree to disagree on the first point. Thanks for your candid back-and-forth with me. It has been a while since I felt I could have a spirited debate on here without overwhelming toxicity of this place creeping in and ruining it. It'll be interesting to see what we do to address our fullback need - and it will be exciting to get someone in and finally start shoring up our defense because of skill rather than conservative scheme.
Cheers, mate.

On Zanetti and the 90's in Serie A - definitely my favorite times. League was stacked and brimming with quality all over. Some fantastic managers and players overlapped at that time and produced always high quality games - grew up during those times. Pupi was one of my favorite players - top professional, who also had some skills on the ball and great footballing intellect.

On AWB and the argument as a whole it's always good to see different opinions on the matter. He is still young and no doubt will develop his game. At the moment he depends on his athleticism and some of the criticism he received last night of positional awareness and reading the game was fair, however being top athlete allows him to bail out of trouble, whilst no doubt he will later develop the other aspects of his game.

He's not the only decent young English right back. There's alexanderArnold, max Aarons, Jaden Bogle and Reece James so he'll have competition to even even make the bench. That said I don't really mind about the fee. It doesn't seem out of the ball-park.

We got Rashford and Greenwood he can do link up play with, he will be fine. We don't actually want to cross into the box, there are no targets there anyway.

Messi is much shorter than Rashford. Barca still have both their FB to attack.

Defensively great, tons of potential but is used to the prem and can perform at a good level so there is no waiting period, young, english, has tons of resale value if needed. The prince is suspect but that's football. I'd much rather spend that money on AWB than a foreign player that has more hype but may not adapt to the prem.

I saw a stat the other day that said only 1 in 64 crosses directly results in a goal in the Premier league. So crossing in general is overrated.

Remember that game under Moyes? Against Fulham was it? Must have had 500 crosses ending in nothing at all.

At the end of the day, we're getting a young right back in who has impressed hugely in the prem and is already one of the best defensive right backs in the league. Can't complain much, though obviously there are things that aren't ideal (such as question marks over his on the ball/attacking ability and being a world record fee for a fullback despite that worry). But still overall, it means no Young starting. Wonder what this means for Dalot's long term prospects.

No, it's what I saw and what a lot of people were also talking about. Shaw wasn't an attacking force and has never been, pretending otherwise is the actual myth.
let’s forget the fabled period of time before the leg break at United as well shall we. He was great as an attacker for Southampton, much better attacker than a defender at the time. Anyway this is the Bissaka thread so we’ll leave it at me thinking you never watched him or me questioning my own sanity :lol:

For the life of me can’t see how anyone can’t see he was good going forward and a proper attacking force for Southampton.

Remember that game under Moyes? Against Fulham was it? Must have had 500 crosses ending in nothing at all.
Yes I remember Rio talking about it disparagingly after he retired about Moyes instructions for them to do that.

How did it go from them rejecting an offer of £35 Million + £15 Million in addons because they were holding out for £50 Million, to us paying £55 Million?

Walker is your 1st choice RB and he is hardly brilliant. Wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola replaced him with Cancelo in the starting XI. It's not like England have Cafu and Dani Alves or Lahm.
Tbf, Alexander Arnold is far better than him, it's just the usual thing with national team managers of taking a while to replace the older gen with younger better players.
But in general, Alexander Arnold, Walker, Wan Bissaka, Max Aarons, Reece James are very good options to have. They also have Trippier but think he's shite so leaving him out of the list.

45 + 10 is my guess, as they wanted the bulk in cash to re-invest in a replacement.
They could also structure their transfers to coincide with our structure. Everyone would prefer cash upfront so if they can get it they should push for it.

If this actually happens I'm going to predict he'll be awful.

I do this because I've predicted all other signings in the past 6 years to be nailed on successes and been wrong every time.

He's going to be the worst signing made by any club this summer.... unless he signs for another club in which case he'll be a future superstar.

They could also structure their transfers to coincide with our structure. Everyone would prefer cash upfront so if they can get it they should push for it.

Granted. Think they’ll move for Aarons now. Will be interesting to see how this pans out and who got the better deal.

Well that’s relative. How many attempted throughballs result in a goal?

That's because pants teams pump a lot of low quality crosses in.

Also because the game is becoming increasingly more technical, with the ball played on the floor much more than it used to be. The big lump up front is a dying breed in the modern game. Correct me if i’m wrong but City are/were the shortest team in the PL, with Liverpool not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.